Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple on mine:

1. There is a piece of film stuck between the window frame and door. I wonder if it was a piece of protective film and the dealer detail/prep guy tried to pull it off and didn't pull out completely. Now it cannot be taken out.

2. Tarnished roof rails. A common issue as many owners have:

Roof rails tarnished?

·
Registered
29 Posts
2017 Macan purchased new. My rear seat bottoms look like they have glitter in the perforations. I’m not really sure if it’s something for the heated seats or if someone test drive the car before I bought it and had a glittery bottom.

My control arm broke after 800 miles. According to the dealer it was a defect from the factory and was fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Alignment was way out. Two runs at an alignment to get a proper set of acceptable numbers. Now it drives how a brute ute should.

·
Registered
219 Posts
2017 Macan purchased new. My rear seat bottoms look like they have glitter in the perforations. I’m not really sure if it’s something for the heated seats or if someone test drive the car before I bought it and had a glittery bottom.
WAIT, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!!!! Haha I thought someone test drove the car (even though I had bought the car before it came off the boat)

My alignment was off and I had the defective steering column issue that a lot of people were having with the early 17’s. It would rub up against the wiring harness and literally make a sad car noise.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Not so sure this is a factory imperfection and has probably been a topic, but that **** rear view camera is a disgrace. It's probably an embarrassment for Porsche engineers to see GTI's with a proper camera setup.
Another imperfection is the fake headlight, what is with that?

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Not so sure this is a factory imperfection and has probably been a topic, but that **** rear view camera is a disgrace. It's probably an embarrassment for Porsche engineers to see GTI's with a proper camera setup.
Another imperfection is the fake headlight, what is with that?
Well, the camera being a disgrace is a well documented issue you will find here. To give you an example, my wife’s 2015 Mercedes has 360 cameras and the quality is light years better then my Macan. Also, her car has some clever since the camera is hidden and it t is only exposed when rear gear is engaged. The advantage? The camera is always clean so no matter how dirty the car is the view is perfect. The camera on my Macan is useless in the winter since it is filthy and unless I go there and clean the camera myself before any use it is like not having a camera at all.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I had my steering wheel replaced before 1k miles. I don’t recall exactly what the issue was but there was some gap in the assembly and when I showed it to the dealer they said it was not supposed to be like that and there was no fix other than replacing it. Got a new one and never had an issue afterwards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts