Porsche Macan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
hello all again from sydney australia :) macan s ordered, eta 31/8/14.

look forward to seeing this forum take off as we get closer and closer to launch :)

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Welcome!

I think for the most part we are all in the same situation dealing with the winter blues at the moment. Got a good couple of months to deal with before even smelling the new car smell from the Macan ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hello All. I placed my order for a Macan S (to replace my 2008 Cayenne S ) on 2 Dec. Now comes the very long wait to actually see one! I have enjoyed our Cayenne (it gets driven much more than my GT3) and it now has 115,000 miles. But I've always wanted a smaller, practical Porsche; the Macan looks to be that car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Tom in Virginia, also awaiting a Turbo. I will have a few questions to post later to determine which options make the most sense. My dealer says I should receive the car May of 2015, but I will need to finalize any further options in March. I could be happy with what I selected, but I want to be uber sure. I put in a down payment of 10%

·
Registered
972 Posts
Welcome parket! Feel free to start a new thread with your questions on various options, everyone has their own reasons for choosing or not choosing each one and will be keen to chime in; although the final decisions are obviously yours.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Tom in Virginia, also awaiting a Turbo. I will have a few questions to post later to determine which options make the most sense. My dealer says I should receive the car May of 2015, but I will need to finalize any further options in March. I could be happy with what I selected, but I want to be uber sure. I put in a down payment of 10%
Do you mean May of '14? :eek:

Reactions: chylld

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bill Miller, Columbia/St. Louis MO

I've ordered a turbo, white with red interior and most of the options.

I'm a life long car nut with experience in most major sport/performance makes.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes, it is a long time to May of 2015, you sharp readers!!! My mistake! I will get the vehicle in May 2014, and it is a 2015, not a 2014 Macan (the 2014 doesn't exist, I am told, yet you see a number of sources that quote this model year. I guess they don't get that production is for the 2015 model year only).

I can be quite happy with what I ordered, but I was given the option by the dealer of finalizing options as late as March 2014.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
order?

Have you officially ordered or simply submitted your online build to your dealer?
What kind of deposit was required beyond the $1-2K to get on the pre-oder que?
Thx!
Paul

·
Registered
626 Posts
Not a particularly aggressive driver, but have always wanted a Porsche. Will consider an base S loaded with the "safety" options. Also considering X3, ML350.

1 - 20 of 303 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.