Porsche Macan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to macanforum.com - please post an introduction!

74K views 302 replies 208 participants last post by  -=Hot|Ice=- 
#1 ·
Welcome to macanforum.com - The best and friendliest Porsche Macan Forum! As a new member please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

#2 ·
hello all again from sydney australia :) macan s ordered, eta 31/8/14.

look forward to seeing this forum take off as we get closer and closer to launch :)

#4 ·
Hello All. I placed my order for a Macan S (to replace my 2008 Cayenne S ) on 2 Dec. Now comes the very long wait to actually see one! I have enjoyed our Cayenne (it gets driven much more than my GT3) and it now has 115,000 miles. But I've always wanted a smaller, practical Porsche; the Macan looks to be that car.

#6 ·
Tom in Virginia, also awaiting a Turbo. I will have a few questions to post later to determine which options make the most sense. My dealer says I should receive the car May of 2015, but I will need to finalize any further options in March. I could be happy with what I selected, but I want to be uber sure. I put in a down payment of 10%

#7 ·
Welcome parket! Feel free to start a new thread with your questions on various options, everyone has their own reasons for choosing or not choosing each one and will be keen to chime in; although the final decisions are obviously yours.

#12 ·
Yes, it is a long time to May of 2015, you sharp readers!!! My mistake! I will get the vehicle in May 2014, and it is a 2015, not a 2014 Macan (the 2014 doesn't exist, I am told, yet you see a number of sources that quote this model year. I guess they don't get that production is for the 2015 model year only).

I can be quite happy with what I ordered, but I was given the option by the dealer of finalizing options as late as March 2014.

#24 ·
Hi there! I was at the LA Auto Show and got some great photos...some from media resources (that you all have probably seen) plus a several of my own, to include other brands and not just the Porsche Macan.

I am a Porsche Certified Brand Ambassador and work at Porsche of Tacoma in Fife WA, USA.

I am absolutely stoked about the Macan and cannot wait to go to training for it in April (at Barber Motorsports) and seeing the first one (a Turbo) coming to our dealership in early May.

#25 ·
Hi there! I was at the LA Auto Show and got some great photos...some from media resources (that you all have probably seen) plus a several of my own, to include other brands and not just the Porsche Macan.

I am a Porsche Certified Brand Ambassador and work at Porsche of Tacoma in Fife WA, USA.

I am absolutely stoked about the Macan and cannot wait to go to training for it in April (at Barber Motorsports) and seeing the first one (a Turbo) coming to our dealership in early May.
Welcome aintac. So we have an insider ? Excellent. . .

#28 ·
Randall in Laguna Beach, CA
Hello fellow charter Macan owners.
Macan S, silver/black trim with beige interior, Sport Seats ordered.
Into factory body shop 3/18/14,
Off boat in San Diego, CA 5/30/14
PASM, PTV-plus, Lane Change Assist, Chrono, 20" RS Wheels
Premium Pack, Infotainment Pack, Bose
No sun roof or air suspension (160+ pounds saved) 20" wheels vs 21" reduced rolling mass.
May deliveries will be here before we know it.

#31 ·
Randall in Laguna Beach, CA
Hello fellow charter Macan owners.
Macan S, silver/black trim with beige interior, Sport Seats ordered.
Into factory body shop 3/18/14,
Off boat in San Diego, CA 5/30/14
PASM, PTV-plus, Lane Change Assist, Chrono, 20" RS Wheels
Premium Pack, Infotainment Pack, Bose
No sun roof or air suspension (160+ pounds saved) 20" wheels vs 21" reduced rolling mass.
May deliveries will be here before we know it.
Welcome to the forums! Love that you considered weight, and even unsprung weight, on those options. ;) I skipped the sunroof for the same reason, but had to go with air suspension for added clearance in snow.

#34 ·
Seriously...

I've always loved the clownshoe... need to look at the X1 now. :)
Ha....I've honestly never made that connection profile wise, but it's pretty uncanny now I see it :eek:

Wow, the stance on that thing is amazing. How much drop from stock?
About 2.5" front and back. That's actually as high as it will safely go on the collars in the rear. Handily it sits exactly where I wanted it to.

#36 ·
I love that Porsche offered air suspension, for this sport centric vehicle, for people that really need added clearance. Porsche is such an "engineering" company they just know how to elegantly make things perform outside the box.

Looking forward to sharing with Macan fans. We all ordered cars we have NOT been able to test drive. Ok, we have driven Porsche's, but this is an educated leap of faith and it appears the original build quota for 2014 has been sold.

Talk about "Brand" reputation and trust.

#38 ·
Hello all,
I have been lucky enough to see and sit in a Macan S diesel and have put a deposit down but cannot make up my mind between diesel or petrol. I am excited at thought of getting back into a Porsche after many years. Some very interesting topics and hope to add some contribution to a great site.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.