Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
2,115 Posts
Folks...I'm thinking about a Stage 1 91 install with their new Accessport... COBB Tuning - Porsche Macan S / GTS / Turbo Accessport V3

Has anyone done this or any of the Cobb upgrade to a Macan S? I'm dying to hear some real world feedback from the forum before I pull the trigger.

Also, I'm a bit concerned about the additional stress on the mechanicals of the car...turbos, pdk, etc. Any insights on this would be appreciated.

thanks!
Torque comes in nice an low. Smooth through the whole range. Really nicely done. If you are worried about additional stress, then my advise to you is don't install it. This issue has been beaten to death and then beaten to death some more. And then beaten to death even further. It's more wear of course. It has to be, because it's more torque. It's probably not going to grenade your engine in the next few years based on Cobb's reputation. Accept the risk or move on.

· Registered
5,189 Posts
Dyno at 370, 380 foot/lb original now 408hp and 588foot/lb. dyno and video to come but its A for Awesome
From 380 ft lbs to 588? Wow! Is that a typo?

· Vendor
122 Posts
Any update as to when the AccessTuner Pro software will be released to your tuner network?
Thank you for your patience in our response. We are looking for a Q1/Q2 release for ATP along with the possibility of some custom coded features to go with it ;)

If there are any questions you guys may have that require a more immediate response then what we can sometimes give on the forum please don't hesitate to email or call!

General support -> [email protected]

Personal email -> [email protected]

or

Cobb Support -> 866-922-3059

Thanks again guys for your overwhelming support and thoughtful reviews!

- Jon

· Registered
142 Posts
Thank you for your patience in our response. We are looking for a Q1/Q2 release for ATP along with the possibility of some custom coded features to go with it ;)

If there are any questions you guys may have that require a more immediate response then what we can sometimes give on the forum please don't hesitate to email or call!

General support -> [email protected]

Personal email -> [email protected]

or

Cobb Support -> 866-922-3059

Thanks again guys for your overwhelming support and thoughtful reviews!

- Jon
Excellent! Thank you.

· Registered
5 Posts
Question...

There seems to be a consensus that gts uses the same tranny as the turbo..

Eyeballing the torque figures of a Cobb tuned gts power curves in comparison to a stock turbo power curve appears to be in the same ballpark..

There's been endless Debate on the limits of the tranny, could I naively suggest that a Cobb'Ed gts should be safe as it puts out similar power to a stock Turbo??

· Registered
946 Posts
My car is due for 10k mile service, should I uninstall the tune for routine service. Thanks
Yes because they may re-flash your ECU for software updates and that could potentially hose it all up. Revert to stock before service. Then when you flash the Cobb back onto your Macan your stock backup file will have the newer Porsche programming on it.

If you don't flash back to stock before service, flashing back to stock at any point in the future is going to revert to the older stock programming, which you don't want.

· Registered
95 Posts
I'm in Houston. How do I go about getting the COBB tune?

· Registered
999 Posts
I will attempt to answer your question, but Cobb will have the right answer if you call them (they're nice dudes).
My guess is the ECU adaptation is available instantly. However, I don't think the driver-dependent adaptations (like throttle adaptations) are changed by the tune. That's affected more by your previous driving style. If its been a while since the tune was installed, my guess would be that after a couple of hours of driving it should be just like you left it.
I did also notice that the PDK is much smarter than other transmissions and should be able to readjust within relatively shorter time frames.

Reactions: notmac1 and Shark
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.