Porsche Macan Forum banner

Warranty requirement?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Jack Rabbit 
#1 ·
Got a 12 month notice from Porsche this morning saying its due for a service. Car only driven 22k on the clock and did have the first service done before I bought the car. Must I now get it serviced, and needing to be done by Porsche (exx$$y) to maintain the warranty or can I wait till I get to the next level of kms?

#2 ·
This is a time element. Yes, you do. The alternative is to do it yourself (change oil/oil filter) and bring the records in to get the update onto your records and car. The warranty is most important (how old is the car?). Need some help? That is why we have this forum.

#3 ·
Ok, I wonder if another cheaper reputable firm could do it so yes it has been maintained, just not by them, esp if its mainly just an oil change.? Porsche wont be cheap I'm certain. It's a 2015 Macan S. Cheers, C.

#4 ·
#6 ·
I’m in New Zealand, I have had the 12 and 24 month sezrvices performed by the dealer, and there was no charge; including consumables.

#7 ·
Under Australian Consumer Law you do not have to service according to the book and you can DIY or go elsewhere without affecting warranty so long as whoever does the work is "qualified". However, if you make a claim and Porsche can argue that the claim is as a result of (or impacted by) whatever work that you did (or did not do) then it may not honour the warranty.
A similar situation is true for the use of non genuine parts.
Assuming the work is done well, the biggest impacts you will find is:
1. On resale value in Australia, as most consumers (and certainly dealers) want the book stamped by Porsche (same for most high end vehicles here).
2. Goodwill if you have an issue and it falls outside normal warranty, most OEMs will take a much more lenient approach if you have done your bit and used their services.

#8 ·
In Brisbane an independent I can recommend and know personally, Don Munro at DHM Auto Solutions. 30 plus years Porsche experience 07 3892 3119. I have a mate at a Porsche dealership said 1 year service $695.00, at 2 years will be due a brake fluid change and I’m not sure what else.

Although I am qualified and could do maintenance myself I plan on having dealership do it just to avoid any possible issues with warranty,at least for the first 3 years. Unsure if I will buy extended warranty, I don’t do many kms but keep my cars at least 10 years. MyDD is26 years old.

#9 ·
Thanks chaps, ive since booked into a porsche dealer for a $695 service, mind you my former bloke quoted $1100 plus $200 for brake fluid for the same thing. the guy im going with the original sales place to do it and he said i was coming up to 12 months since it was done,so it is required, rather than being kilometres driven which if i did many woulda bought the service forward. anyways in i go, and with more enthusiasm than the last place hes motivated and knows of the annoying rattler issue i have mentioned so will take a peak at that after my guy said sorry nuffin they can do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.