Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car lowered at a dealer using PIWIS by 20mm a few weeks ago. All seemed well, but I noticed the passenger side was slightly higher than the drivers side, so I asked them to adjust it if possible, if it needed to be changed.

After attempting to do that, they claimed that it caused issues, and they cannot get it back to factory. My car is now stock height on the passenger side and lowered on the drivers side, the dealership basically gave up on trying to get it fixed. I have brought it to another dealership with more resources and technicians in hopes that they will be able to reprogram it correctly, but this might be costing me out of pocket now.

For what it's worth, the second dealer actually recommended using a lowering module instead of a PIWIS modification. He said that unlike many other manufacturers where you can just modify the value, the Porsche system doesn't use just the numbers, but also a level sensor, so you can't just lower the car with a number change and expect it to be reliable.

I'll update soon, hoping to hear from the dealership very soon about whether or not they were able to get it sorted out.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sorry to hear that. One of the reasons I chose not to go that route was that I was afraid of the confusion that could entail after using PIWIS multiple times to change the height.

Rather than throw more money at it, I strongly recommend installing a Cete module which will not only give you the lowering module that it sounds like you will eventually end up with anyway, but it also gives you the ability to adjust height wheel by wheel and offset the dealers mistakes.

Good luck however you choose to proceed.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
I also have the Cete module and given it's flexibility expect you would be able to easily fix the problem with it. Hope you are able to get this resolved with minimal additional pain.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I lowered mine using links that my dealer helped me source and install.

Personally I think links are the way to go despite NOT having the flexibility of lowering modules. This is because the mechanical geometry of the sensor doesn't change and is still in the proper reading 'range'.

I said this a few years ago and equate this to my mixed gas diving. The accuracy point of a gauge with the widest range is the middle and that is why one always fills Oxygen second after Helium, then top up with Air.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
The dealer had 2 attempts at mine .
1St failed , reset to factory.

Second attempt successful to 15mm. they have to be able to reset to default values, period.

When CETE makes a truly compatible product, I will buy it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
When CETE makes a truly compatible product, I will buy it.
It is absolutely compatible, and AFIAK every forum member who has purchased the Cete module has had no problems with it,in addition to the other advantages that have been mentioned in other threads.

Are you referring to the need to do some re-pinning with the connector? The main Cete thread has instructions how to do that. Of course we would all love it if Cete included an adapter plug, but for whatever reason he has not done so.

And in any event AFAIK no other module has the ability to resolve the OP's problems.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Compatible I guess .... P & P, definitely not.
I am not adding T connectors and repinning while under warranty. Having to reverse that in the event of a service call is not for me. For them then to say it’s tinkered with.
Sure it may not break....that’s just my position.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: After recoding the modules and setting the stock numbers back, the car is back to normal again!

·
Registered
4,806 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I am not adding T connectors and repinning while under warranty. Having to reverse that in the event of a service call is not for me. For them then to say it’s tinkered with.
Sure it may not break....that’s just my position.
Perfectly understandable. No one can say that there is zero risk to making mods like this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I lowered mine using links that my dealer helped me source and install.

Personally I think links are the way to go despite NOT having the flexibility of lowering modules. This is because the mechanical geometry of the sensor doesn't change and is still in the proper reading 'range'.

I said this a few years ago and equate this to my mixed gas diving. The accuracy point of a gauge with the widest range is the middle and that is why one always fills Oxygen second after Helium, then top up with Air.

I have links on mine as well. They are cheap and work great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We do lowering via the Porsche PIWIS and have done it to several cars now. Looks great and we've got nice settings we put them at :)
Happy to book anyone an appointment if you're in the SoCal area.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I lowered my Macan by 20mm. Did it myself, with no issues. The dealer probably tried to readjust your car without zeroing back to default first. I adjusted my car several times and found it most effective if every time I adjusted back to default height, then do my adjustments from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 62 Posts