Porsche Macan Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Car has been returned, LOTS of parts replaced, all related to the valve body. Turns out the service tech forgot to replace one item and the car threw up the fault again. Took the car for a drive on Sunday and all seems back to normal. One note is the PDK seems to hold 6th gear instead of going straight to 7th (in normal mode). I think someone had mentioned that when they got their mechatronic replaced, they PDK has to relearn your driving style. I can confirm that!

·
Registered
174 Posts
This just happened to me and Porsche declined to assist me. :(
Just get your mechatronics unit repaired. That's what 99% of the gearbox issues are. You can buy repair kits if you fancy tackling it yourself.
DL501 repair kit.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
The reason was the vehicle was out of warranty. I would have expected some support for me to stay in the brand.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was at 90k. Seems I am hostage to dealer fix. This is my first and last Porsche. There is a Transfer Gear warranty extension for you folks so take it in when any "minute" noise arises. Make sure you dont run into my issue.

·
Registered
2015 Porsche Macan S & 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350
74 Posts
I was at 90k. Seems I am hostage to dealer fix. This is my first and last Porsche. There is a Transfer Gear warranty extension for you folks so take it in when any "minute" noise arises. Make sure you dont run into my issue.
You're not hostage to a dealer fix, but it will require some research to find a shop that can tackle the issues with this unit. The transfer case warranty you're talking about is a separate issue entirely from the transmission issue.

·
Registered
91 Posts
So I just had same error with my Macan S on 54k miles, I was waiting for U-turn and turned the wheel left and then added a bit more pressure on the wheel pulling it 100% to the left, felt a small kick and then error popped up. Restarted the car 1 minute later and drove it for an hour without any errors or issues. Mechatronic unit was replaced like 3 weeks ago. So what could it be?

Also, what would be the best way to approach this while I am on CPO? For instance, if error appears today and I take it to the dealer tomorrow and they don't find anything wrong and then next day I am out of warranty and get this issue, will it be considered pre-existing condition or not?

I read a theory that low battery voltage could cause the PDK to go off...i have connected the dots and it could be there was unusual power consumption by the steering when I pushed it to hard to the left. Hopefully that's the case, although I wouldn't mind a new PDK paid by Porsche :p

81 - 89 of 89 Posts