Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got a new Macan S in Oct 2019.
From day one my car has got stuck in first gear at least twice a week. Red lining every time. I even video taped it.
The dealership has no answers.
So frustrating
I need some help please
Wow that is bad!! It’s still never been fixed? Maybe try another dealer?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I got a new Macan S in Oct 2019.
From day one my car has got stuck in first gear at least twice a week. Red lining every time. I even video taped it.
The dealership has no answers.
So frustrating
I need some help please
For certain until you get help get used to pulling the right hand paddle right away to upshift the transmission to the next gear.

·
Registered
306 Posts
$5700 (including tax and other charges)

Transmission Valve Body
Fuel Level Sensor and Fuel Pump Gasket

Drew, what was the diagnosis on yours? and cost?

View attachment 229653
I saw In one of your previous posts that your warranty just recently expired - you’re at 55k miles. Did your dealer or PCNA good will any part of the $5,700 invoice ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
For certain until you get help get used to pulling the right hand paddle right away to upshift the transmission to the next gear.
Agreed, this is some sane advise atleast for now.

@Isa I wonder if they pulled any codes when you brought it in? Does it stick to 1st/2nd gear only in Sport Mode?

@Jim137a that is the path I took so currently i'm in a holding pattern waiting for PCNA's decision. I'll update the thread when I hear back. I'm hoping they will cover the repair under goodwill, or, atleast part of it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just leased my first Porsche, the Macan 2020 last Saturday at Porsche dealer!! I’m super excited.
However, when I was taking my new car home. The engine lights were on :(
One is showing “Engine Control Fault”, another is showing “Possible R gear fault”. What I notice is when I press gas when green light is on, the car felt like it is stuck at first gear. (I’m not 100% sure though, but I had it on automatic) Definitely weird. Then I parked the car and was about to go back to the dealer, I couldn’t back up.
So my sales came with a loaner car so I can go home, and he took my car back to dealer service to check. (He said he got it back on)
The service doesn’t open on Sunday, so they have it went in service today (Monday). And it’s now night time still haven’t hear back from them.
Well, do you guys think this will be an issue? Or might be an issue in the future? I hope it won’t be a safety issue.
My friend thinks maybe I should change another one, but I really like the one I got and the deal I got is pretty good.
Sigh... I’m just a bit worried and disappointed now. Never had an issue especially it’s a new car.
Any suggestion would be appreciated, thank you :)

Jennifer

————————-
update on 2/25
Porsche contacted me, this is the message “Ok so here's the update on your car. The problem is very unusual, but we have been working with the factory who is advising on its repair. We believe the problem stems from a faulty module inside the transmission, and have ordered the parts necessary for the repair.
We will need to install the new part then confirm the issue is resolved. Because the parts needed to be ordered, we anticipate a week to install the new module. “

...I'm surprised this is happening on the 2020 MY?! I mean, really, why?

There is no guarantee whether this issue wont come back for the whole duration of your lease but you need not worry about that because you are covered under factory warranty. I'm out of warranty, and I have no 3rd party warranty either so i'm SOL. Even if it is repaired now, there is of course no guarantee if it will happen again during the duration of my ownership. Again, I wont worry too much if I have a warranty.

Imagine driving at 55+ MPH, all of a sudden you hear a beep on your dash, your Macan S/GTS slows itself down gradually (how gradual I dont know...) you need to make a split decision where to pull over safely because your gears are now stuck at 1 and 2 or 2 and 3 with that error message on your dash.

There are too many safety variables to consider when trying to make split decisions under such duress, that it becomes naturally a safety concern IMHO.

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
Porsche is really stepping up for its customers. (y)

I also did my part to recommend the Macan to my friend, who is buying one.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Quick update. We're in a loaner now. Local service dept had to send samples of fluids to PNA. Awaiting response. They said it could be a few days till we hear back.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Parts just arrived yesterday, if I have to guess my car will probably be ready Wednesday. We shall see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
...I'm surprised this is happening on the 2020 MY?! I mean, really, why?

There is no guarantee whether this issue wont come back for the whole duration of your lease but you need not worry about that because you are covered under factory warranty. I'm out of warranty, and I have no 3rd party warranty either so i'm SOL. Even if it is repaired now, there is of course no guarantee if it will happen again during the duration of my ownership. Again, I wont worry too much if I have a warranty.

Imagine driving at 55+ MPH, all of a sudden you hear a beep on your dash, your Macan S/GTS slows itself down gradually (how gradual I dont know...) you need to make a split decision where to pull over safely because your gears are now stuck at 1 and 2 or 2 and 3 with that error message on your dash.

There are too many safety variables to consider when trying to make split decisions under such duress, that it becomes naturally a safety concern IMHO.
Yea and the car the new too!! Although with the warranty, I’m worried that I’ll be worrying if this is gonna happen again during my lease and safety issue too :(

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well, theres been a major setback...when the transmission body control valve was installed, whilst the tech was calibrating the transmission, it threw an error and now it is stuck on one gear. I now need a new transmi$$$$$ion ?

...not sure if PNA will goodwill the new transmision or not.

Will update the thread when I have more information.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well, theres been a major setback...when the transmission body control valve was installed, whilst the tech was calibrating the transmission, it threw an error and now it is stuck on one gear. I now need a new transmi$$$$$ion ?

...not sure if PNA will goodwill the new transmision or not.

Will update the thread when I have more information.
I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined, usually don't post but I have exact same car with almost exact same mileage (37K) as 997TTurbo who posted 2 mos. ago. My GTS had identical symptoms yesterday and is at dealer having the same work done on it today/tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm not a mechanic and i'm not really familiar with this so I figured i'd ask here, im just curious:

-What fluids are drained and refilled when a transmission is replaced?
-Does this include the transfer case fluid?
-Is the Transfer Case apart from the transmission?
  • or is it attached permanently with the transmission thus im getting a new Transfer Case with the new Transmission?
  • Where is the transfer case in these pics?

·
Registered
205 Posts
So today, I decided to pop on down to get some groceries. I’ve got 32000 miles on the car. I started my Macan and got a really rough idle, then suddenly I got the dreaded error that the OP posted about. I pulled over and turned it off and restarted the car. Now I’ve got a triple fault, ECU, Check Engine and the Gearbox issue. The car wouldn’t even move forward or reverse. After sitting about 500 yards from my house for a good 10 minutes off, I got the car to limp home. Unfortunately since it’s a Sunday I’m going to have to wait till tomorrow to either get the car towed or limp to the dealer that’s about 10-15 minutes away.

Scary because the warranty expires later this year.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Car is at the dealer now, will update the thread with info as I get it. I could only get gears 2 and 4, aka limp home mode. Did manage to snag a Cayman as a loaner (though the person in front of me walked away with a Macan Turbo loaner!)

·
Registered
205 Posts
So I was told by the service department, that the valve body would be replaced. After being replaced, they told me the car was ready for me. Apparently as the SA was getting ready to bring me back my car, the same fault popped up. The car is back at the dealer pending further investigation. The bright side, according to the SA is whatever comes of this issue, I wont need to do the expensive PDK service at the end of the year! I’ll take that savings!

61 - 80 of 89 Posts