Porsche Macan Forum banner
81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Car has been returned, LOTS of parts replaced, all related to the valve body. Turns out the service tech forgot to replace one item and the car threw up the fault again. Took the car for a drive on Sunday and all seems back to normal. One note is the PDK seems to hold 6th gear instead of going straight to 7th (in normal mode). I think someone had mentioned that when they got their mechatronic replaced, they PDK has to relearn your driving style. I can confirm that!

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
322 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
322 Posts
The reason was the vehicle was out of warranty. I would have expected some support for me to stay in the brand.
How many miles were you out of warranty already when this issue happened?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was at 90k. Seems I am hostage to dealer fix. This is my first and last Porsche. There is a Transfer Gear warranty extension for you folks so take it in when any "minute" noise arises. Make sure you dont run into my issue.

·
Registered
2016 Mercedes-Benz E350
69 Posts
I was at 90k. Seems I am hostage to dealer fix. This is my first and last Porsche. There is a Transfer Gear warranty extension for you folks so take it in when any "minute" noise arises. Make sure you dont run into my issue.
You're not hostage to a dealer fix, but it will require some research to find a shop that can tackle the issues with this unit. The transfer case warranty you're talking about is a separate issue entirely from the transmission issue.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
So I just had same error with my Macan S on 54k miles, I was waiting for U-turn and turned the wheel left and then added a bit more pressure on the wheel pulling it 100% to the left, felt a small kick and then error popped up. Restarted the car 1 minute later and drove it for an hour without any errors or issues. Mechatronic unit was replaced like 3 weeks ago. So what could it be?

Also, what would be the best way to approach this while I am on CPO? For instance, if error appears today and I take it to the dealer tomorrow and they don't find anything wrong and then next day I am out of warranty and get this issue, will it be considered pre-existing condition or not?

I read a theory that low battery voltage could cause the PDK to go off...i have connected the dots and it could be there was unusual power consumption by the steering when I pushed it to hard to the left. Hopefully that's the case, although I wouldn't mind a new PDK paid by Porsche :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
How much was it and where did you buy from? I'm sure it saved you alot of dollar.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
View attachment 239013
How much was it and where did you buy from? I'm sure it saved you alot of dollar.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Just got my car back which was throwing some error. It was noted on the document that fluid level was 1 quart low without leaks. Looks like somebody (porsche FF in particular) messed up during valve body install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It was some mechanical problem with gearbox in my Turbo. Finally I get new gearbox, changed for free although warranty was finished a few months ago :)).
Now everthing is geat !!! I love my car ;-))
I am having the same problem in my 2015 Macan S with the similar message. It tells me that I may not have R but it does go into R. When I park the car in my garage I get a smell that is similar to an overheated engine. Could this be an issue? It is currently in the shop for the second time as I have just over 38K miles on the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a used Macan S nearly 2 months ago. I barely got out of the dealership when the transmission jumped from 2 to 4 and a notice came up advising me that there is a gearbox issue and I may not have Reverse. Well the dealer was great and immediately took it in and said they would make sure it was repaired. I am still waiting for the car as it has been nearly 2 months and they tell me that they are still waiting for a heat sensor to be shipped as it is the reason for the malfunction. Being new to the Macan S have anyone else had a similar issue and what was the final outcome??

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
I purchased a used Macan S nearly 2 months ago. I barely got out of the dealership when the transmission jumped from 2 to 4 and a notice came up advising me that there is a gearbox issue and I may not have Reverse. Well the dealer was great and immediately took it in and said they would make sure it was repaired. I am still waiting for the car as it has been nearly 2 months and they tell me that they are still waiting for a heat sensor to be shipped as it is the reason for the malfunction. Being new to the Macan S have anyone else had a similar issue and what was the final outcome??
This didn't happen to me, but if it did I would have been asking for my money back maybe 7 months ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same warning, transmission fault, may not have reverse. Also the clunk a couple times driving from a stop. It is not normal. Mine required some transmission work. My dealer and Porsche treated me great and I'm very happy with them.
hey bud im going through exactly the same symptoms and have an appt scheduled for this week…if you could let me know how they fixed you up i would love to be able to tell them exactly how yours was fixed…much appreciation in advance!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I believe they did some work on the clutch and then the valve body. It's a known issue so they should be able to tell you right away.

·
Premium Member
2016 Jet Black Macan S
10 Posts
Just purchased a '15 Macan S from Carmax. The car came with a 3 month warranty from Carmax, and with only 2 weeks remaining on the warranty I figured I'd take it to my local Porsche to do a full inspection to make sure the car was in good standing and to take advantage of the warranty in case anything were wrong. Up till this point the car has been driving just fine and even when taking it to the dealership it felt fine.

Got word back from my SA that my car was throwing the code P1765 and that they would need to do the valve body/mechatronics replacement, but this may not be a guaranteed fix. I did not have the error ever pop up on my dash that OP and many others have seen, but my SA told me it was only a matter of time I guess? Regardless, if this valve body replacement doesn't fix the issue then the car may need a new transmission all together. Carmax has since been notified of the error and is seeing if their local "specialty shop" can fix the issue rather than having Porsche do it. Regardless, at the very least the valve body replacement will be fixed, and whether by Carmax or Porsche I'm not sure. I asked them if this fix doesn't solve the issue and a new transmission is due, what then? They told me that is sort of a grey area and simply said "we'll cross that bridge if and when we get there".

So obviously my biggest concern is the valve body replacement not fixing the transmission issue, and a new transmission is due with no one willing to help. Not too fond on the idea of tackling a repair that will cost more than 2/3rd of the actual cost of the car. Anyone have any insight on if this worst case scenario were to happen?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just purchased a '15 Macan S from Carmax. The car came with a 3 month warranty from Carmax, and with only 2 weeks remaining on the warranty I figured I'd take it to my local Porsche to do a full inspection to make sure the car was in good standing and to take advantage of the warranty in case anything were wrong. Up till this point the car has been driving just fine and even when taking it to the dealership it felt fine.

Got word back from my SA that my car was throwing the code P1765 and that they would need to do the valve body/mechatronics replacement, but this may not be a guaranteed fix. I did not have the error ever pop up on my dash that OP and many others have seen, but my SA told me it was only a matter of time I guess? Regardless, if this valve body replacement doesn't fix the issue then the car may need a new transmission all together. Carmax has since been notified of the error and is seeing if their local "specialty shop" can fix the issue rather than having Porsche do it. Regardless, at the very least the valve body replacement will be fixed, and whether by Carmax or Porsche I'm not sure. I asked them if this fix doesn't solve the issue and a new transmission is due, what then? They told me that is sort of a grey area and simply said "we'll cross that bridge if and when we get there".

So obviously my biggest concern is the valve body replacement not fixing the transmission issue, and a new transmission is due with no one willing to help. Not too fond on the idea of tackling a repair that will cost more than 2/3rd of the actual cost of the car. Anyone have any insight on if this worst case scenario were to happen?
Tbf I have not come across any PDK errors which have not been resolved by a mechatronics repair/replacement.

Some on here have said gearbox replacement but my guess is that was not the case and simply what dealer told them rather than explaining what the mechatronics unit is and does.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts