Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ordered the Walnut to coordinate with the Mohave / Black leather interior in our '19. Elegant and when the sun hits the wood, the effect is startling. We are more than pleased with the combination. Oh, Chalk exterior.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would not recommend the brushed aluminum as the sun light reflection is going to be bad. I have Piano black and yes, finger prints do show quickly and if not careful can be scratched easily. I would recommend the black/dark gray wood which will look contemporary or Carbon Fiber - however the $ wasn't worth it in my opinion hence I am happy with the PB.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Anything but that cheap looking shinny black plastic Piano trim crap. For the life of me I can't understand why people still opt for an interior trim that scratches easy, and is a dust & fingerprint magnet.

I have the black brushed aluminum and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have the dark wood which looks good in the light, but very dark otherwise. The light wood looks more like real wood. I also have the "all leather "option which is real nice, especially compared to standard. Interesting that Porsche makes you pay extra for real wood trim.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought I had finalized my configuration but I am still in doubt regarding the interior finish. I am getting 14-way seats with partial black leather on an Agate Gray exterior. Still undecided if I select wood interior to break down a little bit all the black inside or if I leave as standard with the piano black finish. I don't want the aluminum finish and won't spend the money to get carbon interior. Any thoughts? I get the feeling the piano black looks too much plastic but am concerned the wood will be kind of out of sync with the rest of the car. Thoughts?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I personally am not a big fan of wood trims I a car, and would go with the piano black. I’d have to keep a cloth in the car to immediately remove fingerprints though! Others like the wood, so it’s a bit of a personal choice.
In your shoes, I’d get the 3D render working as described Here and view the interior. Might help make up your mind.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree re the wood not really fitting the car. I also agree that Piano Black is a pain in the butt for the reasons mentioned as well as any dust at all. I have the carbon fiber in our GTS and love it.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
My Macan was purchased from dealer inventory & had wood trim. It was one of the few things that never thrilled me, so I'd opt for the Piano Black finish over it. I think the wood trim is more in line with a luxury vehicle than a performance vehicle, & I like my cars to look more "performancy".

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had walnut trim in my Cayenne. I didn't want it but the car met my exact criteria except for this. I learned to like it and I thought it worked well with the Black/Luxor interior that it had. That being said, I wouldn't want it on my Macan. I have a Base Macan with Agate and Piano Black---I don't hate the Piano Black but would prefer the Dark Alum (GTS) or Carbon Fiber.

I don't tend to touch it much (if at all) so don't see this as a big fingerprint issue (the touchscreen PCM is another story though...).

·
Registered
127 Posts
All personal preference here. I chose to get the wood trim, the VW Touareg that got bought back due to dieselgate had it, and I included it in my Macan kind of paying homage to the Touareg which helped pay for the Macan. Personally I think it looks classy, and I'm fine with there being a touch of luxury on the inside with all of the look of fun on the outside.

int3.jpg int3.jpg

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Why ANYONE would choose the look of cheap black plastic (piano black) on an expensive vehicle is beyond me.

Perhaps they like looking at fingerprint smears, dust, and scratches....

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Is a matter of personal preference. I dislike any kind of trim resembling wood in my car interiors, hence, I actually prefer piano black to walnut. Am I crazy for that? No. Again, a matter of personal preference...

I do like brushed aluminum or carbon fiber finish over piano black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Neither. The wood always looks like laminate. Even if it's real real wood. Some people complain about the reflective surface of gloss black. Lots of glare in the right conditions. Opt for either brushed Aluminum or CF. IMO...

Reactions: Masscan

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have to say, I like my CF package. When I bought mine based on four mandatory qualifiers, the CF package was already installed. It looks good. Tell you what does look good is the black wood trim in the Mercedes C63's. It will remind you of a high-end Pergo laminate, but it's flat black and has the natural graining of the wood planking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone have the anthracite chestnut trim? Maybe an alternative to walnut or piano black.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Agree with you, Bruce. Had the black wood trim in my e63. Maybe the anthracite chestnut trim might be close to that? Hoping someone with anthracite trim will post pics.

·
Registered
312 Posts
respectfully disagree. wood looks outdated and doesn't fit the sporty design of the macan. stick with piano black or aluminum.
i agree. If you are going with the wood you have to get the vinyl roof option.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts