Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Echoing an above poster who said too bad the Black Aluminium trim from the GTS is not an option. It looks fantastic and I prefer it above all of the other options. My 2nd choice would probably be the dark wood as I am not a fan of piano black.

I would have paid for that option as well. I’m pretty happy with piano black, actually haven’t found it to be annoyingly reflective in real life. But the dark matte aluminum is very cool looking, a bit more modern.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Funny story. My GTS came with black aluminum trim, which I ordered, except for the big piece above the glove box, which was in Piano Black. While the replacement part was on order, I can confirm that the Piano Black showed figure prints easily.

I love the black aluminum trim on my GTS. Are there other standard items on the GTS that might be an option on the S, which would make you consider just going with the GTS instead?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Funny story. My GTS came with black aluminum trim, which I ordered, except for the big piece above the glove box, which was in Piano Black. While the replacement part was on order, I can confirm that the Piano Black showed figure prints easily.

I love the black aluminum trim on my GTS. Are there other standard items on the GTS that might be an option on the S, which would make you consider just going with the GTS instead?
I am ordering a facelifted S so we'll have to wait till a facelifted GTS is revealed to see what interior trim options will be special to GTS.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Suncoast sells an aftermarket wood trim package. Does anybody know how much it should cost for the labor to swap the wood trim kit for the standard black. Is the work relatively easy so any body shop can do it or only a Porsche dealer.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've had piano black on my two most recent Porsches and find it to be too shiny, with a propensity to reflect sunlight badly. In future, I would like to order all-leather interior trim for that reason.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My dark blue GTS black leather had the dark black finish aluminum and I really like it. The loaner piano black was to shinny especially
on bright sunny days.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
...Does anybody know how much it should cost for the labor to swap the wood trim kit for the standard black. Is the work relatively easy so any body shop can do it or only a Porsche dealer.
The work is relatively easy. Some trim tools, screwdrivers, and a vent puller tool. A body shop should be able to do it. About an hour worth of work for someone who is knowledgeable and has done it before. You might see if your local dealership can match the Suncoast parts price, and save the shipping costs. Perhaps they will even install the new trim at a discount if you buy the parts from them.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've had piano black on my two most recent Porsches and find it to be too shiny, with a propensity to reflect sunlight badly. In future, I would like to order all-leather interior trim for that reason.

Is leather covering for that trim an option? I just looked on the Porsche build site and don't see it. It would be very easy to have my local guy cover my piano black trim. I'm curious as to how it would look.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
Is leather covering for that trim an option? I just looked on the Porsche build site and don't see it......
Leather trim was an option on the previous generation, and it is also available on the facelift. About $2200 USD. It's listed under the Interior Leather options on the configurator.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Is leather covering for that trim an option? I just looked on the Porsche build site and don't see it. It would be very easy to have my local guy cover my piano black trim. I'm curious as to how it would look.

You can do it in Panamera and I think in Cayenne.... I have seen it in Panamera.

I think this is it in 2019 Macan:

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
I got the wood panels and the wood wheel - (they didn't offer wood rims and tyres but if they did I probably would have got them too!) Together IMHO they make the regular wheel and lesser options look a definite step lower than the prestige you want. I've ridden in service cars without and always think mine is so much classier when i get back into it.

Reactions: Yadkin

·
Registered
566 Posts
Leather trim was an option on the previous generation, and it is also available on the facelift. About $2200 USD. It's listed under the Interior Leather options on the configurator.
I could have my local guy do that for about $300.

·
Registered
566 Posts
You can do it in Panamera and I think in Cayenne.... I have seen it in Panamera.

I think this is it in 2019 Macan:
Thanks. Looks nice. I especially like the leather dash. I think I'd prefer the wood for the trim though.

I had a pleather dash on my last Jeep GC Overland. Very nice French stitching and looked exactly like leather. When I restored the ugly splits on the padded dash of my 60's classic I had my local guy cover it with pleather, and that looks much better than the alternatives that I have used in other projects.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I too believe the wood is a bit dated. I do not like the piano black because it shows dust immediately. I would go with either the aluminum or the carbon fibre. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wanted the wood but went with piano black to cut down on costs and I am thrilled. It looks sharp and sporty and if I had to do it again, I would still get piano black even if wood was the same price

·
Registered
21 Posts
Agreed woos would seem dated, but it depends on the rest of the car. I have wood with Garnet and black full leather. IMO it looks stunning. Originaly wanted the aluminum with the package, but it looked cheap compared to the wood.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had no thought whatsoever to go with wood until I test drove a '19 with standard piano black, which I thought looked too stark and clinical for such an otherwise extremely well-styled car.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts