Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had finalized my configuration but I am still in doubt regarding the interior finish. I am getting 14-way seats with partial black leather on an Agate Gray exterior. Still undecided if I select wood interior to break down a little bit all the black inside or if I leave as standard with the piano black finish. I don't want the aluminum finish and won't spend the money to get carbon interior. Any thoughts? I get the feeling the piano black looks too much plastic but am concerned the wood will be kind of out of sync with the rest of the car. Thoughts?

·
Registered
306 Posts
The wood looks great. I was either going Black/Black with CF interior or Agate Gray/beige and wood wheel and interior. P.S. don't skimp on the wood on the wheel, IMO it's worth more than the wood interior itself. Especially since you're in MN and a heated steering wheel is always nice.

·
Registered
887 Posts
respectfully disagree. wood looks outdated and doesn't fit the sporty design of the macan. stick with piano black or aluminum.
Agree, I don't think the wood fits the design/overall character of the car. E.g. the steering wheel, gear lever, center console have a modern/techno look that fits much better with piano black/CF/aluminum than wood. Same is true for any other Porsche, IMO.

·
Registered
306 Posts
respectfully disagree. wood looks outdated and doesn't fit the sporty design of the macan. stick with piano black or aluminum.
Why wood you say that?

Jokes aside, I think it all depends on the other options and colors. A more luxury spec'ed Macan would fit the wood, especially with the Beige interior. A more performance oriented Macan, brushed aluminum or CF is the way to go. Not a big fan of piano black.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Piano black for me. But only with dark interior colors.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Wood = Mahogany/Luxor combo

Piano/Alum/CF = Black/Rhodium/Agate/White over Black, Garnet, or Agate

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Sorry for reviving the old thread
I’m curious why you felt the need to apologize. Forum rule 10 asks that we avoid duplicative threads. And you are not the first to apologize for re-opening an old thread. Am I missing something?

To me the rule makes a lot of sense. If someone is looking to find some information on a topic, it’s more easily found if all the discussion on the topic is in one place. Of course some threads will become unwieldly long with duplicative posts (and of course there might be debate as to when something is the same topic or merely a related topic) but IMO having all the information in one thread is still more desirable. I assume that’s the reason for the rule in the first place?

OK, I know someone is going to point out that I have broken a different rule by taking this thread off-topic.

Reactions: TXRed and fooit

·
Registered
397 Posts
I agree with the earlier posters that felt the piano black is more in keeping with the sporty nature of a Porsche. Especially with the otherwise black interior with other aluminum trim, the piano black blends nicely. It doesn’t feel cheap at all... think of high end audio - many speakers have piano black as an upgraded finish over wood...

The wood may work better with a tan/brown interior, though it’s still not my taste.

Regarding the steering wheel, I greatly prefer all leather. The macan I drove at PEC had the CF interior and I didn’t care for the plasticy feel of the CF sections. They also got slippery. You can get the leather wheel in regular all- leather.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Went to a dealership this morning to check out the trims in person, as expected they look differently in real life and sadly I don't like the high gloss on both of them - very distracting inside the car when sun is shining outside.
The Dark Walnut trim is really dark so it's not much of a difference from Piano Black, maybe just a good feeling of having wood and not black plastic.
Maybe I'll switch to Agate Grey interior and brush aluminium.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got the walnut in an agate grey interior on my 2018 S. It's very nice looking, but if I had it to do over I'd save a few bucks and get piano black.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Echoing an above poster who said too bad the Black Aluminium trim from the GTS is not an option. It looks fantastic and I prefer it above all of the other options. My 2nd choice would probably be the dark wood as I am not a fan of piano black.

Reactions: fooit
1 - 20 of 61 Posts