Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Maybe the yellow calipers are Euro spec or something? Both S and GTS are red here in the US. I wish we could get yellow. I'm not too crazy about red calipers and papaya paint.

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 GTS PNQ969F1
100 Posts
Maybe the yellow calipers are Euro spec or something? Both S and GTS are red here in the US. I wish we could get yellow. I'm not too crazy about red calipers and papaya paint.
The yellow callipers are for the carbon brakes which aren’t available in the US unfortunately. In Australia they have added a cost option to make the callipers black.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yellow callipers are the Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) option.
Attached pic is what is shown on the configurator for the S. I swear that gloss black option wasn't there two weeks ago when I did my build. I would rather have high gloss black, but would not spring $900 to get it. I was maxed out as it was.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

Reactions: AusGeo

·
Registered
100 Posts
Attached pic is what is shown on the configurator for the S. I swear that gloss black option wasn't there two weeks ago when I did my build. I would rather have high gloss black, but would not spring $900 to get it. I was maxed out as it was.
View attachment 246596
They’ve added a bunch of new options for us here in Aus in the last week or so. Including colour rev counters etc.

·
Registered
2022 GTS ordered PNNX4X91
50 Posts
I hear you Rusty. Like everyone else I also spent days researching the various options and playing with those in the configurator versus some semblance of a budget. And I still don't know if I've made all the right choices (we've been in lockdown +12 weeks in my part of the world) so I've ordered sight unseen / without test driving previous models etc, and can not make any additional changes at this stage, which is probably for the best.

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Oh wow! they fixed the Macan S configurater for Australia at last! It now shows as standard the coloured side blades, front a real spoilers thats standard on the S. it also changed my Porsche code interestingly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am not a fan of the brushed aluminium trim on the doors and dash and would opt for the gloss black instead. I think it matches the new centre console better too
Brushed aluminium trim is special allocation to GTS only as it is not available on any other variants.
I also read somewhere that it’s quite expensive than gloss black, hence gloss black is free.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Brushed aluminium trim is special allocation to GTS only as it is not available on any other variants.
I also read somewhere that it’s quite expensive than gloss black, hence gloss black is free.
Yes I know it is special and only available on the GTS but if you don’t like it……… I just find it strange because it doesn’t match in with any other trim detail

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks Shookie, Its a good review and provides a good summary of the changes for the American market. Pretty glowing review;)
Im waiting for the GTS to get a few more reviews like this. Seeing the papaya interior with those orange seat belts makes me excited about getting mine in that trim! Only the half leather option though.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts