Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2020, when I try to position the driver's window down a 1/2", I have to spend a few minutes as it keeps wanting to go much farther. I've not had this issue on other cars.

It seems like the way to deal with this problem, and probably a Better way of leaving the window open a crack due to rain and theft issues, might be a Ventshade that would fit at the top of the window and allow it to be closed with just a crack open?

I suppose these devices are just used at that time, not left on, but ... I've never used one so I'm not sure?

Looked on Amazon for Auto Ventshades, but didn't see any specifically for Macans.

Are there some that will fit, or is there a better solution?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
On my 2020, when I try to position the driver's window down a 1/2", I have to spend a few minutes as it keeps wanting to go much farther. I've not had this issue on other cars.

It seems like the way to deal with this problem, and probably a Better way of leaving the window open a crack due to rain and theft issues, might be a Ventshade that would fit at the top of the window and allow it to be closed with just a crack open?

I suppose these devices are just used at that time, not left on, but ... I've never used one so I'm not sure?

Looked on Amazon for Auto Ventshades, but didn't see any specifically for Macans.

Are there some that will fit, or is there a better solution?
What happens if you just stick a pen or pencil there and roll the window up until it stops? You should be left with a tiny gap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on how sensitive the window is to resistance (I'm assuming it wouldn't cut thru one's finger due to a safety mechanism?), that would work for creating the gap, but .. it would be cool to block the rain and also make it harder to have the car door opened with some kind of tool from the outside (for theft prevention, if that's even a concern?)

These vent shades seem designed for that, maybe they are just left in place forever, I'm not sure? If no one is already using anything like that, I'll probably give some of those companies a yell and see if they might have an existing model that would fit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm sure there are other suppliers (possibly on eBay), but I believe Weathertech has ventshades for the Macan. Note that these install within the window channel and are not stuck onto the window frame like other types.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I'm sure there are other suppliers (possibly on eBay), but I believe Weathertech has ventshades for the Macan. Note that these install within the window channel and are not stuck onto the window frame like other types.
Yep, they do: inside the channel, and not very expensive. Here's the page:

I don't have these on my Macan, but I've had similar devices on other cars, in days of yore.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep, they do: inside the channel, and not very expensive. Here's the page:

I don't have these on my Macan, but I've had similar devices on other cars, in days of yore.
I have the Weathertechs on my Macan and had them on my X3 and I have a stick on version on my Sienne. They are great on rainy days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts