Porsche Macan Forum banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Good to hear that it works for you, I had not read any reviews of it or I might have gone that route. I am going to mute with the V1Driver app.

Why go to all the trouble of finding switched power when you can just use a savvy into the old port + a bob. It mutes below a chosen speed (35mph in my case), and the whole install in my Macan took 15 mins.
Have exactly the same setup in the wife's golf r.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hello All,
I just completed a hard wire and it really is quite simple once you remove the side panel. I had a V1 and decided I did not want dongles and cellphone apps to run it. So I returned it and ordered a Radenso XP which is also very small and has built-in GPS. It came with everything including a case. Well, almost everything...I had to order the hard wire option but no big deal and it was still in the same ballpark as far as price. I wired it on the driver's side panel and have to decide just where I like it on the windshield. I don't think I want a blend mount, but that may be where I'm headed. I just don't like it on the left or right side of the mirror using the suction cup windshield mounts. Blend mount should come out with one that swivels or something so it can be mounted left, right or under the mirror. My favorite position is right down on the dash, but that is a long reach if I want to lock out something or hit the mute. Once I decide on a location, I'll tuck in the wire.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello All,
I just completed a hard wire and it really is quite simple once you remove the side panel. I had a V1 and decided I did not want dongles and cellphone apps to run it. So I returned it and ordered a Radenso XP which is also very small and has built-in GPS. It came with everything including a case. Well, almost everything...I had to order the hard wire option but no big deal and it was still in the same ballpark as far as price. I wired it on the driver's side panel and have to decide just where I like it on the windshield. I don't think I want a blend mount, but that may be where I'm headed. I just don't like it on the left or right side of the mirror using the suction cup windshield mounts. Blend mount should come out with one that swivels or something so it can be mounted left, right or under the mirror. My favorite position is right down on the dash, but that is a long reach if I want to lock out something or hit the mute. Once I decide on a location, I'll tuck in the wire.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Interested in your opinion of the XP. I am having very strange behavior with the V1. It was awesome until a week ago, and now I am getting zero KA hits... drove to ATL and back, as well as all around Nashville.

This is odd behavior, but the techs at V1 decided to give me a lecture on gun technologies, and how one never knows what Po Po is using... I've had integrated systems for the better part of a decade, and know full well the activity levels on my travelled routes.

Aside from manual lockouts, the XP sounds near perfect.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I think I have decided on passenger side for now. After I try it, I may move it. The one thing I have noticed is how clear the front glass is on the Macan. There is no hiding a radar detector. tubernator, if you go with the XP, it is narrower but a little thicker than the V1. The V1 was angled toward the driver and from what I've seen all others including the XP are not. First impression is the GPS signal lock on is fast. It locks on while sitting in my garage. I think it picked up the laser parking guide mounted on the ceiling of our garage. It shines a red dot on the dash to aide in parking. The XP has lots of options that others don't have and very good blind spot filters. It seems to have pretty good range too. Not quite as good as V1 or Redline, but competitive. I recently watched a video where a guy was picking up radar from 4 miles away.

I have a lot of wire tucked in to the A pillar. I hope it does not have any negative "impact" (pun intended) on the airbag.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Drove to lunch today and decided to move it to the driver's side. I like it better there in the real world outside my garage. Got a K band hit but I was near a grocery store. The wires are all tucked away and out of sight.

·
Registered
774 Posts
My final mount position is below. A word of advice to anyone looking for a detector: Check out the brand new Uniden R1 and R3. If I were doing this again, I would probably buy the R3. It will be released later this month but it outperformed both the Redline and the V1 for distance and has filtering on par with the Radenso XP. I returned my V1 and got the Radenso XP. Performance wise, the XP is extremely quiet. Probably the quietest on the market. I've only been hit with K-band a couple of times and picked up some distant KA but no direct hit with KA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to say thank you for writing this article and including the pics. Helped me hardware my V1 and concealed display. Haven't used the concealed display yet so that was the main reason to hardware and to get the main unit out of sight up on the visor. Anyway, regardless of specific device, this helped with finding the fuse box and the right ground screw... I initially could not get it working b/c I had the ground wire screwed into one of the black screws. Anyway, all is working well now so looking even more forward than I usually am to driving tomorrow!

·
Registered
231 Posts
My final mount position is below. A word of advice to anyone looking for a detector: Check out the brand new Uniden R1 and R3. If I were doing this again, I would probably buy the R3. It will be released later this month but it outperformed both the Redline and the V1 for distance and has filtering on par with the Radenso XP. I returned my V1 and got the Radenso XP. Performance wise, the XP is extremely quiet. Probably the quietest on the market. I've only been hit with K-band a couple of times and picked up some distant KA but no direct hit with KA.
Hey @limulus , I am switching back to the XP, I just can't live with the bluetooth V1 Driver cutting into music/etc, so selling the V1. On your hardwire, which fuse did you use? a3 on the drivers side? what size fuze did you add?

Thanks

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hey @limulus , I am switching back to the XP, I just can't live with the bluetooth V1 Driver cutting into music/etc, so selling the V1. On your hardwire, which fuse did you use? a3 on the drivers side? what size fuze did you add?

Thanks
Yeah, the idiosyncrasies of the V1 were too much for me. There are too many other good detectors now. Mike Valentine has made lots of money and maybe he does not care. There are two new detectors from Uniden that seem to be getting all the attention now. Here are two photos of my install. First, you can see that I am connected to the fourth empty slot from the bottom on the driver's side. I checked it with a meter to verify that it is switched. I even managed to get the pink or purple cover back on. The second is the only place you see my wire after it goes under the headliner and down the driver's side A-pillar.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah, the idiosyncrasies of the V1 were too much for me. There are too many other good detectors now. Mike Valentine has made lots of money and maybe he does not care. There are two new detectors from Uniden that seem to be getting all the attention now. Here are two photos of my install. First, you can see that I am connected to the fourth empty slot from the bottom on the driver's side. I checked it with a meter to verify that it is switched. I even managed to get the pink or purple cover back on. The second is the only place you see my wire after it goes under the headliner and down the driver's side A-pillar.

Man, This is Perfect!

My add a circuit comes in today, and I have the same slot empty, so shouldn't have to piggy back on another one.

Your install looks very clean, expecting the same results here.

Thanks buddy!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Here is my ground connection. The larger wire to the right is the main wire from the RD going down to the in-line fuse and then into the fuse panel:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Speaking of V1's, does anyone know if there is an update that makes them less susceptible to erroneous alerts whenever near a car with lane change assist/lane keep assist? My Valentine goes crazy whenever I'm behind an Audi Q7 and some other models that I assume have these options that are sending signals behind them.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Speaking of V1's, does anyone know if there is an update that makes them less susceptible to erroneous alerts whenever near a car with lane change assist/lane keep assist? My Valentine goes crazy whenever I'm behind an Audi Q7 and some other models that I assume have these options that are sending signals behind them.
You may wish to check with Valentine directly.
https://store.valentine1.com/Upgrades/
Let us know what you find out.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Just got my Macan and ready to hardwaire my valentine 1. I preferred to go through the dome light as I did for my Carrera. Does anyone know which wire to tap in the dome light area? I have panoramic roof in my Macan. TIA.

John

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys. My V1 sometimes restarts during auto start stops. Not all the time but I'd say 40% of the time I had to go thru the initialization sounds of the V1. Anyone else having the same issue? How can I fix this?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Guys. My V1 sometimes restarts during auto start stops. Not all the time but I'd say 40% of the time I had to go thru the initialization sounds of the V1. Anyone else having the same issue? How can I fix this?
I think Valentine has a solution for you.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I had the same issue. Valentine sells another little box that you have to wire into the circuit to keep that from happening. It works great. Now, if I could just get my V1 to stop false-alerting on laser I'd be happy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
602 Posts
For the V1 to stop turning off and on, they offer a cheap solution called a brown out booster on their website. Or just turn off the start-stop feature.

As for hardwiring, running an add-a-fuse to the fuse panel on the driver side is so much cleaner/safer than pulling down the overhead to do tap into something up there. Add-a-fuse is 100% reversible too. It's so easy to tuck the cord up the windshield headliner and down the a-pillar between the weather strip. I actually use the SAVVY though which plugs into the OBD port. Everything cleanly connected in about 15 minutes.

101 - 120 of 153 Posts