Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Situation: You are cruising highway speeds in Automatic mode (7th gear) & want a short burst of speed to pass a car.
You pull the left paddle a couple times & immediately drop to 5th & rocket past the slow car.

Now you want to quickly return to Auto mode (7th gear.)
I had read a post years ago that stated “you can go to Automatic with just holding the + shift paddle for 1 sec”
(#104 of 579)
https://www.macanforum.com/forum/macan-general-discussion-forum/23810-macan-secrets-tricks-11.html

This does not seem to work.

The options as I see it:

Just wait. In 7 seconds, PDK will automatically go back to auto mode.
(p. 198 manual.)

Manually upshift by pulling the R paddle a couple times to get back to 7th.

Quickest method that does not require you to actually know what gear you were just in & what gear you want to change to:
Quickly Move the shift knob L & then R again. (change to Manual & back to Auto)

I know you can avoid using the paddles by using kick down or can change to Sport or Sport Plus, if you have it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I just flick to the lower gear and flick back up to where I want to be

Yes, it will auto adjust after a spell

But - play race car driver... flick the paddles
and sit back... glance in the rear view mirror

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@iconoclast, I regularly find myself in the situation you describe; I use the paddles to get back to where I want the trans to be. I am not always happy with the PDK guessing where it thinks it should be, so I use the 'persuader' paddles.:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
When in Sport mode.....I use the paddles to jump down and back up to cruise gear (7).

When in non sport mode....I use the paddles to jump down. However, I find "auto" wants to get back to 7th gear pretty quick so no need to paddle up.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I prefer to use the shifter rather than the paddles but the shifting choice is only in manual mode. If I forget when I'm in auto mode and push the shifter lever forward to upshift (takes slight extra effort) – *%#@!!, I've shifted into neutral! A result of the Macan's unique (from other Porsche's) manual shift dirrection, + is forward, – is rearward. Who came up with this change should be fired.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I use the paddles because they set back automatically to the normal

The gear shift knob needs too much attention... although I do use it at times

·
Registered
84 Posts
Situation: You are cruising highway speeds in Automatic mode (7th gear) & want a short burst of speed to pass a car.
You pull the left paddle a couple times & immediately drop to 5th & rocket past the slow car.

Now you want to quickly return to Auto mode (7th gear.)
I had read a post years ago that stated “you can go to Automatic with just holding the + shift paddle for 1 sec”
(#104 of 579)
https://www.macanforum.com/forum/macan-general-discussion-forum/23810-macan-secrets-tricks-11.html

This does not seem to work.

The options as I see it:

Just wait. In 7 seconds, PDK will automatically go back to auto mode.
(p. 198 manual.)

Manually upshift by pulling the R paddle a couple times to get back to 7th.

Quickest method that does not require you to actually know what gear you were just in & what gear you want to change to:
Quickly Move the shift knob L & then R again. (change to Manual & back to Auto)

I know you can avoid using the paddles by using kick down or can change to Sport or Sport Plus, if you have it.

This my friends is exactly the way I roll as I have both 'Sport' and 'Sport Plus'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
TAPnFLA
Porsche Macan Forum
Thank you for your interest in MacanForum.com. We’re a forum community dedicated to Porsche Macan SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing