Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Macan Turbo
2 Posts
Interested in a 2016 S (clean carfax) with under 35K miles, from Porsche dealer, for about $33k with the following options: No factory warranty, there is no service records on CARFAX up until 18k miles, oil change was regular after this. Any thoughts, advise?! Anyone with recent successful/horror story of used-ownership?

1NP​
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest​
2Y​
Carrara White Metallic​
2ZH​
Steering Wheel Heating​
5MH​
Carbon Fiber Interior Package​
6H1​
Side Blades in Exterior Color​
7G9​
Porsche Car Connect​
7X8​
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Reversing Camera​
7Y1​
Lane Change Assist (LCA)​
9JB​
Smoking Package​
9VL​
Bose® Surround Sound System​
CY3​
20" RS Spyder Design Wheels​
N1B​
Preparation Two-Tone Leather Interior i.c.w. Seat Ventilation​
PE5​
Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package​
PJ1​
Infotainment Package​
PJ3​
Premium Package Plus​
PP8​
Comfort Lighting Package​
VU​
Leather Package in Black/Garnet Red​
I had 2015 Macan S until I reached 60,000 miles - no major problems. You might have a problem with transfer case, but it is covered under manufacturer warranty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a pre-owned Macan S this past summer from a Porsche dealership that didn't have a warranty. Decided to go with a 3-year Platinum Porsche Protection Plan as there seemed to be too many exclusions in the Powertrain plan. I'm glad I did because just a bit over two months into ownership, the dreaded timing chain cover leak happened. It would have been a $9,000 bill for that repair and I just had to pay a $250 deductible (and I got a loaner Macan while mine was repaired). The cost of the CPO that they are extending to you is very fair.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Wife and I have had two recent episodes of car keys being lost. Bear in mind, we are a little older, and thankfully each time we did find the missing (second) key after wasting a lot of time looking. Normally with most things we are more organized, but then again as I mentioned "we are a little older".
So where, you might ask, did the missing keys end up?
First one, which I found after we both searched all over, ended up in a shoe of hers in the closet. Don't ask why, or how, because nobody knows.
Second one, which she found after we both searched all over, was in one of her purses - again in a closet. Way more logical than leaving it in a shoe, but until found it was every bit as stressful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I have never used the second key on any of my cars although I never shared them either I assuming you have someone that you will be sharing the Macan with? Sure it's nice to have a second key if you lose yours but I have never lost my keys at my own house which is where the second one sits, I do however keep spare batteries.

We should be up to 4 cents now.
I have never lost a car key...yet. I have had old cars with just 1 key, been leasing last 10 years, all with two master keys. My wife and I uses 1 key for each vehicle we drove, on road trips we each carry one for convenient and 'insurance'. I can make do with one. I managed to lose a money clip with about $200 cash about a month ago, so my age is showing; two keys might be a good idea! I did a search and saw online Porsche part sellers are selling OEM keys for about $203, I can probably go that route and pay a dealer under $200 to program. At least that's the going rate I've found on here for some dealers, and we do several road trips a year so chances are good that I can find an affordable dealers in other states.
Wife and I have had two recent episodes of car keys being lost. Bear in mind, we are a little older, and thankfully each time we did find the missing (second) key after wasting a lot of time looking. Normally with most things we are more organized, but then again as I mentioned "we are a little older".
So where, you might ask, did the missing keys end up?
First one, which I found after we both searched all over, ended up in a shoe of hers in the closet. Don't ask why, or how, because nobody knows.
Second one, which she found after we both searched all over, was in one of her purses - again in a closet. Way more logical than leaving it in a shoe, but until found it was every bit as stressful.
Misplaced them keys from time to time. So I decided a while back to change my habits, made sure to immediately hang them on coat hook created specifically created for keys.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I agree with the key holder. I have a nice 4 hook holder on the wall that I keep my keys on. However my wife can't seem to manage that. Leaves them in her purse, in the car, her coat, God knows where. You just can't win some battles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
weekend update-not the SNL version but close. Was planning on picking up the car this weekend, but the SA said btw the car is not ready, it just arrived on the lot! They haven't got the title, just paid off lien... Wished it was disclosed sooner, booked ticket and made travel arrangements. Was able to get full refund from United within 24 hours, more time to mull over if I should take the CPO route. $3,200 is very good after doing a search for similar car with P-cpo, almost all are listed $38k+. The predicament is I'm looking at COBB tune, so if that's the case, then maybe not go with CPO...

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you tend to buy warranties on dishwashers, HVAC equipment, tires, etc. then you probably want the CPO warranty. Yes, repairs can get expensive on any luxury car but $1,600/yr (two year CPO) basically means you feel you have a greater than 1/3 chance of incurring a $9k repair bill in 24 mos.

If I felt that way I’d probably buy another used car.

Your best long term bet is always self insuring, warranty companies exist to make money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
If you tend to buy warranties on dishwashers, HVAC equipment, tires, etc. then you probably want the CPO warranty. Yes, repairs can get expensive on any luxury car but $1,600/yr (two year CPO) basically means you feel you have a greater than 1/3 chance of incurring a $9k repair bill in 24 mos.

If I felt that way I’d probably buy another used car.

Your best long term bet is always self insuring, warranty companies exist to make money.
Your comment just caused me to refine my thought process. Maybe a better question is, at least in this forum, how many owners have had to pay their own repair bills; totaling $5k, $10k, $15k, $20k+? I did a quick search and see a few threads, but nothing specific, maybe I can create a poll? Not sure if much people would like to respond to such a sensitive/private info....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your comment just caused me to refine my thought process. Maybe a better question is, at least in this forum, how many owners have had to pay their own repair bills; totaling $5k, $10k, $15k, $20k+? I did a quick search and see a few threads, but nothing specific, maybe I can create a poll? Not sure if much people would like to respond to such a sensitive/private info....
There was this poll on this forum, Oil Leak (and other issues!) Poll.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts