Porsche Macan Forum banner

Updated Macan/Cayenne Transfer Case Warranty July 2020

22K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  wls1425 
#1 ·
It looks like Porsche just announced they will be extending warranties on all transfer cases for the Macan. Supposedly we should be receiving info via mail soon.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmmm I am already at 5 years now, so only 2 years left. Should I start abusing the TC to get it fixed before the end of 7 years?

Hopefully, the timing chain cover oil leak is next.

Reactions: Jaylmw08
#3 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! I posted this on rennlist as well, in hopes to spread the word.

This was a post from PMOC (Porsche Macan Owners Group) about an hour ago on facebook.
Porsche has issued a release that states that transfer case repairs will now be covered from 7 years/unlimited miles from warranty start.

It also indicates 10 years/unlimited miles for Cayenne.

Porsche is also willing to reimburse for TC repairs.

#12 ·
Hello everyone! I posted this on rennlist as well, in hopes to spread the word.

Porsche is also willing to reimburse for TC repairs.
Can anyone confirm this: willing to reimburse for repairs? My car is from 03/2017 so will have until 2024... If this is actually confirmed by Porsche. Can't find that link anywhere.

#10 ·
Great News! I am where jzwu is ~ 5 years. So 2 more years. I also hope Porsche steps up & does the right thing re timing cover oil leak.

I had saved this from a MF thread:
Two checks. 1.start off very slow and does it feel like your going over small speed bump. 1. When in reverse, Turn wheel sharply and do you feel slight shutter. Only problem with my 16 Macan that Porsche quickly replaced.

#11 ·

Last few posts

#18 ·
I'm not saying anything. I am directing you to a thread & post where someone who (I think) has experienced the issue, gives the tip for how to check.
I have not experienced it & hope I never do.

#24 ·

If you do not remove it yourself to DIY maintenance or just to check b4 warranty expires, you need to rely on the integrity of your Porsche mechanic to spot a leak. I think any Indy will immediately tell you. As to Porsche mechanic?
There are some conflicts of interest for the Porsche mechanic & Porsche when they repair this under warranty. It is a huge repair that takes a lot of time with removal of the engine. Porsche sometimes will say it is a seep rather than a leak. IDK if they ever say that when the car is out of warranty & they make more $ doing the repair than they make when they repair it under warranty.

I do not like that compensation system & would prefer the mechanic to earn the same for the same repair, whether done under warranty or post warranty.

Reports vary re if Porsche steps up & does the right thing re this known defect/issue after warranty. Do they offer to pay 100%, 50%, 0%....?

#26 ·

If you do not remove it yourself to DIY maintenance or just to check b4 warranty expires, you need to rely on the integrity of your Porsche mechanic to spot a leak. I think any Indy will immediately tell you. As to Porsche mechanic?
There are some conflicts of interest for the Porsche mechanic & Porsche when they repair this under warranty. It is a huge repair that takes a lot of time with removal of the engine. Porsche sometimes will say it is a seep rather than a leak. IDK if they ever say that when the car is out of warranty & they make more $ doing the repair than they make when they repair it under warranty.

I do not like that compensation system & would prefer the mechanic to earn the same for the same repair, whether done under warranty or post warranty.

Reports vary re if Porsche steps up & does the right thing re this known defect/issue after warranty. Do they offer to pay 100%, 50%, 0%....?
At service time at the dealer I had the service rep write into the repair sheet that the mechanic had inspected the car for the oil leak problem and this person went on written record that it was not there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.