Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Nice knowing they are standing behind there cars. They are great machines but very expensive to repair the Transfer Gear. Enough to deter you to move to a competitor.

It looks like Porsche just announced they will be extending warranties on all transfer cases for the Macan. Supposedly we should be receiving info via mail soon. View attachment 233242

·
Registered
75 Posts
What symptoms does one look for in the case of the timing chain cover issue?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

If you do not remove it yourself to DIY maintenance or just to check b4 warranty expires, you need to rely on the integrity of your Porsche mechanic to spot a leak. I think any Indy will immediately tell you. As to Porsche mechanic?
There are some conflicts of interest for the Porsche mechanic & Porsche when they repair this under warranty. It is a huge repair that takes a lot of time with removal of the engine. Porsche sometimes will say it is a seep rather than a leak. IDK if they ever say that when the car is out of warranty & they make more $ doing the repair than they make when they repair it under warranty.

I do not like that compensation system & would prefer the mechanic to earn the same for the same repair, whether done under warranty or post warranty.

Reports vary re if Porsche steps up & does the right thing re this known defect/issue after warranty. Do they offer to pay 100%, 50%, 0%....?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts

If you do not remove it yourself to DIY maintenance or just to check b4 warranty expires, you need to rely on the integrity of your Porsche mechanic to spot a leak. I think any Indy will immediately tell you. As to Porsche mechanic?
There are some conflicts of interest for the Porsche mechanic & Porsche when they repair this under warranty. It is a huge repair that takes a lot of time with removal of the engine. Porsche sometimes will say it is a seep rather than a leak. IDK if they ever say that when the car is out of warranty & they make more $ doing the repair than they make when they repair it under warranty.

I do not like that compensation system & would prefer the mechanic to earn the same for the same repair, whether done under warranty or post warranty.

Reports vary re if Porsche steps up & does the right thing re this known defect/issue after warranty. Do they offer to pay 100%, 50%, 0%....?
At service time at the dealer I had the service rep write into the repair sheet that the mechanic had inspected the car for the oil leak problem and this person went on written record that it was not there.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts