Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Hmmm I am already at 5 years now, so only 2 years left. Should I start abusing the TC to get it fixed before the end of 7 years?

Hopefully, the timing chain cover oil leak is next.

Reactions: Jaylmw08

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone! I posted this on rennlist as well, in hopes to spread the word.

This was a post from PMOC (Porsche Macan Owners Group) about an hour ago on facebook.
Porsche has issued a release that states that transfer case repairs will now be covered from 7 years/unlimited miles from warranty start.

It also indicates 10 years/unlimited miles for Cayenne.

Porsche is also willing to reimburse for TC repairs.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
They are paying back out of pocket TC repairs as well, Awesome of them !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Can anyone confirm this? Saw it on the PMOC fb group

·
Registered
261 Posts
I went in to get mine checked out (2015 Turbo) and they said if it was messing up they would replace it for free!

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Great News! I am where jzwu is ~ 5 years. So 2 more years. I also hope Porsche steps up & does the right thing re timing cover oil leak.

I had saved this from a MF thread:
Two checks. 1.start off very slow and does it feel like your going over small speed bump. 1. When in reverse, Turn wheel sharply and do you feel slight shutter. Only problem with my 16 Macan that Porsche quickly replaced.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

Can anyone confirm this: willing to reimburse for repairs? My car is from 03/2017 so will have until 2024... If this is actually confirmed by Porsche. Can't find that link anywhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anyone confirm this: willing to reimburse for repairs? My car is from 03/2017 so will have until 2024... If this is actually confirmed by Porsche. Can't find that link anywhere.
That's all I got, sorry. The screenshot from the post looks like it was in PIWIS, so I'm sure a bulletin is on its way to dealers as we speak? Be on the lookout!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased a 2016 Macan S used from Vroom (online) I am the 2nd owner. Does anyone know offhand if my car is covered for transfer case? I have 60k miles....

·
Registered
9 Posts

This was a post from PMOC (Porsche Macan Owners Group) about an hour ago on facebook.
Porsche has issued a release that states that transfer case repairs will now be covered from 7 years/unlimited miles from warranty start.

It also indicates 10 years/unlimited miles for Cayenne.

Porsche reimbursed me for my repairs on my transfer case.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Great News! I am where jzwu is ~ 5 years. So 2 more years. I also hope Porsche steps up & does the right thing re timing cover oil leak.

I had saved this from a MF thread:
Two checks. 1.start off very slow and does it feel like your going over small speed bump. 1. When in reverse, Turn wheel sharply and do you feel slight shutter. Only problem with my 16 Macan that Porsche quickly replaced.

So are you saying that one of the symptoms is the car starts real slow, or does it go very slowly down the road when you first drive it? I always thought that big slow down was because I was just getting my seatbelt on and the car knew it so would go very slow.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
I'm not saying anything. I am directing you to a thread & post where someone who (I think) has experienced the issue, gives the tip for how to check.
I have not experienced it & hope I never do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased a 2016 Macan S used from Vroom (online) I am the 2nd owner. Does anyone know offhand if my car is covered for transfer case? I have 60k miles....
Yes, it is covered. Mine is 2017 S which left the factory August 2016. Had the rumbles at 20 mph or backing up. Porsche DE replaced the TC at no charge.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts