Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i just changed my oil on my 2017 Macan 2.0. When i opened the under panel, I saw this

Anyone know what kind of fluid that is?
A look from the top looks like it's coming from this

I will be contacting the dealer, but just wanted to have an idea what it is so they don't give me the run around. Thx

·
Registered
48 Posts
Pink dots are coolant. The dry white / pink crusty. If below your coolant reservoir it may have just burped a little on a hot day, or sometimes they leak at the base of the reservoir (I can't tell from your pics). Where it's the 2.0L, check audi forums also as they'd have a much larger user base.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pink dots are coolant. The dry white / pink crusty. If below your coolant reservoir it may have just burped a little on a hot day, or sometimes they leak at the base of the reservoir (I can't tell from your pics). Where it's the 2.0L, check audi forums also as they'd have a much larger user base.
Thx for the reply. It doesn't look like it's leaking from the reservoir. It looks like it's leaking from a device that is behind 2nd photo, behind the alternator.
My car also leaked some oil too. The oil issue isn't too concerning to me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Unless the leak is too evident, they should do a pressure test and find out what's going on, I'm not familiar with leaks on 4cyl engines.
Maybe someone with more VAG background can point out a common issue on that area.
Only thing I recall was on older 2.0 engines leaking from the head gasket but that should not happen on a newer engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts