Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i just changed my oil on my 2017 Macan 2.0. When i opened the under panel, I saw this

Anyone know what kind of fluid that is?
A look from the top looks like it's coming from this

I will be contacting the dealer, but just wanted to have an idea what it is so they don't give me the run around. Thx

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pink dots are coolant. The dry white / pink crusty. If below your coolant reservoir it may have just burped a little on a hot day, or sometimes they leak at the base of the reservoir (I can't tell from your pics). Where it's the 2.0L, check audi forums also as they'd have a much larger user base.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pink dots are coolant. The dry white / pink crusty. If below your coolant reservoir it may have just burped a little on a hot day, or sometimes they leak at the base of the reservoir (I can't tell from your pics). Where it's the 2.0L, check audi forums also as they'd have a much larger user base.
Thx for the reply. It doesn't look like it's leaking from the reservoir. It looks like it's leaking from a device that is behind 2nd photo, behind the alternator.
My car also leaked some oil too. The oil issue isn't too concerning to me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Unless the leak is too evident, they should do a pressure test and find out what's going on, I'm not familiar with leaks on 4cyl engines.
Maybe someone with more VAG background can point out a common issue on that area.
Only thing I recall was on older 2.0 engines leaking from the head gasket but that should not happen on a newer engine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If anyone is interested here's an update to my story.

Brought the car into Herb Chambers Porsche in Boston on 7/26, got the car back today 7/28. It appears the coolant leak was from the, "coolant regulator housing". From the work sheet, they replaced the coolant regulator, and other parts associated with the regulator, and topped off my coolant. They even worked on the fuel pump issue that was on the recall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts