Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well done but red leather is a brave choice!! I’ve a S diesel and driven it for 6 months after leaving my C4S behind in the UK. It’s great on gas consumption and as quick as I would ever need. They are tough on speeding in Australia!! When I lived in California in the 90’s I had a 928S4 my all time favourite and this Macan is just as good a performer with extra space as well!! Enjoy.
Well done on the diesel S. I would love to have one. I got excited at one point FVD had a diesel tune option, but turns out it excluded U.S. tuned variants bc of emissions and so on. Enjoy yours.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Great story, congrats! Drive it good health! We've got a 997.2 as well. It's a ton of fun, but not a great DD when you're hauling kids & stuff.
I hate it, bc it was perfect otherwise. I had a 997.1 before the 997.2 and it was a coupe where the .2 was a Cabrio. To me it felt like less room in the Cabrio with the more straight up and down seats and no option for a rack and box up top. Oh well, happy for the time being.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I was offered and ended up financing through Porsche. They were by far the best. They even offered longer terms though I didn't take it all the way out.
Roughly a 5% discount I believe.
If you got the 1.95% rate through Porsche, your vehicle purchase is proof that Porsche offers that low interest rate on the GTS as well!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
If you got the 1.95% rate through Porsche, your vehicle purchase is proof that Porsche offers that low interest rate on the GTS as well!
I am able to confirm they do offer 1.95% on the Macan GTS, at least on my deal.
I don’t know if it was just shop talk, but I was told pretty much from what the dealer had heard it would be avail through EOY avail on most models excluding units such as the GT range and Speedsters and so on. Again that was just chatting up the F&I rep while signing docs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All, I’m new to the forum. I just took delivery of my 2020 Macan GTS. My Cayenne Diesel was in for some routine maintenance and there were no loaners available, so my 997.2 C2S was the new daily for a bit. Well, sadly though it can be used as a daily driver sports/super car, doesn’t mean it should. I have two young children 4 & 3, I could manage myself and one of them in it. It’s a third car for us, but none the less I’ll get another 2 door Porsche shortly.
Drove a Macan Turbo and GTS dealer had on the lot. They offered me their last GTS build, but said it would be prob December before delivery. Someone had put a deposit down on this one so I was out of luck and not wanting to wait to change it up. I started looking at the Cayenne Turbo, but thought it redundant and I couldn’t shake the Macan GTS from my head. This vehicle has SOUL!
Long story longer, the gentleman withdrew his deposit as his wife said she’d murder him if he bought the GTS and so I jumped without thinking.
It is loaded and with a fabulous color interior, the Dolomite actually has some ice blue in it and I couldn’t be happier with what could possibly be the best DD and the best spec’d example of said awesomeness. Apologies for the ramble, I’m excited. One option I’d say made part of the diff for me between the Turbo in choosing was this had the torque vectoring, which I personally whether mental or physical believe I can feel and helps the GTS put the power down. Of course AS is sublime too. Ask me anything, still learning all of the features on this from the smaller steering wheel to the safety lane keep and adaptive cruise. Best part is I can get in, with the kids and wife and GO! Track day to come!!!
View attachment 231884 View attachment 231885 View attachment 231886 View attachment 231887 View attachment 231888 View attachment 231889 View attachment 231890 View attachment 231891
btr0808, If you bought this GTS from Porsche of Jacksonville, we took this GTS on a test drive before you came and bought it. I was sitting in the drivers seat when you both came up to the GTS. It had like 28 miles on the odometer. Congratulations!

We wanted a Mambo Green so we had to order it. At the time of our test drive, there were 2 allocations for the GTS. We didn't put a deposit until today and took the last allocation at Porsche of Jacksonville; September build for a November/December 2021 arrival.

Here's my build: The Porsche Code

Kind Regards,
Darren

Reactions: mplgaus

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
btr0808, If you bought this GTS from Porsche of Jacksonville, we took this GTS on a test drive before you came and bought it. I was sitting in the drivers seat when you both came up to the GTS. It had like 28 miles on the odometer. Congratulations!

We wanted a Mambo Green so we had to order it. At the time of our test drive, there were 2 allocations for the GTS. We didn't put a deposit until today and took the last allocation at Porsche of Jacksonville; September build for a November/December 2021 arrival.

Here's my build: The Porsche Code

Kind Regards,
Darren
Man, this is awesome. Did you see me there testing the fitment of the car seat😄😄?

Congrats on the order, that was the build that I just couldn't wait for. I'm way too much of an instant gratification kind of guy. Now Mamba Green is actually a "looker" on this vehicle, a bargain at the price too. I've seen Mamba and dig it. I wanted Carmine Red, but for almost 4K I just couldn't. Fantastic build, nice choice on the 21" wheels, torque vectoring, and ionizer😉! I wish I could have added a tow hitch to mine from the factory, but I will rectify this shortly.

I'd love to check out your Macan when it arrives, keep me in the loop or reach out if you are local.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
I hate it, bc it was perfect otherwise. I had a 997.1 before the 997.2 and it was a coupe where the .2 was a Cabrio. To me it felt like less room in the Cabrio with the more straight up and down seats and no option for a rack and box up top. Oh well, happy for the time being.
Ugh. Correction: ours is .1, not a .2 Just noticed my typo. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Man, this is awesome. Did you see me there testing the fitment of the car seat😄😄?

Congrats on the order, that was the build that I just couldn't wait for. I'm way too much of an instant gratification kind of guy. Now Mamba Green is actually a "looker" on this vehicle, a bargain at the price too. I've seen Mamba and dig it. I wanted Carmine Red, but for almost 4K I just couldn't. Fantastic build, nice choice on the 21" wheels, torque vectoring, and ionizer😉! I wish I could have added a tow hitch to mine from the factory, but I will rectify this shortly.

I'd love to check out your Macan when it arrives, keep me in the loop or reach out if you are local.
Yeah, when I got out from the front seats you were admiring the rear seats in Garnet Red.

Have you seen the "Stealth Hitch"? (Porsche Macan, Macan S & Macan Turbo (2014 - 2019))
I also wanted a tow hitch but didn't want to ruin the looks of the GTS's rear end. I asked Joey (Porsche SA) if service can install the Stealth Hitch and he said they can do it. This is an option to look for...

Yeah, I'll let you know when the Green Mamba arrives. We plan on picking her up at Porsche of Jacksonville.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Yeah, when I got out from the front seats you were admiring the rear seats in Garnet Red.

Have you seen the "Stealth Hitch"? (Porsche Macan, Macan S & Macan Turbo (2014 - 2019))
I also wanted a tow hitch but didn't want to ruin the looks of the GTS's rear end. I asked Joey (Porsche SA) if service can install the Stealth Hitch and he said they can do it. This is an option to look for...

Yeah, I'll let you know when the Green Mamba arrives. We plan on picking her up at Porsche of Jacksonville.
That’s too funny you saw me. It’s great that there is something for all customers to hone in on, me the back seats.
I have researched the Stealth hitch option. It looks like a good way to go. I’m curious about a couple of things.
Is the wiring or electrical harness etc available from Porsche that will work with SH and what about a brake controller or surge braking, will it work? I also want to know if on the GTS with a SH do you have to change the rear valance, I believe with a Porsche hitch you do, correct?
I have my Cayenne Diesel for heavier hauls, but occasionally I’d like to pull my utility trailer or trailer the boat shorter distances. I understand the Macan needs a braked trailer to reach the higher tow capacity, being only like 1400lbs ish without. So I would need a braked trailer for my boat surge or electric correct.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That’s too funny you saw me. It’s great that there is something for all customers to hone in on, me the back seats.
I have researched the Stealth hitch option. It looks like a good way to go. I’m curious about a couple of things.
Is the wiring or electrical harness etc available from Porsche that will work with SH and what about a brake controller or surge braking, will it work? I also want to know if on the GTS with a SH do you have to change the rear valance, I believe with a Porsche hitch you do, correct?
I have my Cayenne Diesel for heavier hauls, but occasionally I’d like to pull my utility trailer or trailer the boat shorter distances. I understand the Macan needs a braked trailer to reach the higher tow capacity, being only like 1400lbs ish without. So I would need a braked trailer for my boat surge or electric correct.
I'm not so sure about the answers. All I know is that my SA says the Stealth Hitch are mounted in the same place where the factory hitches are mounted. You may have to contact SH and Porsche Service for more detailed answers.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I'd like to point out the fact that if you are a person, like me, who special ordered your car to be built that along with the trailer hitch choice comes other modifications to the car. Not only wiring but stoutness. Check it out before you discard checking this box.
I totally agree. $660 for a completely wired trailer hitch from the factory is a bargain....and it doesn't look bad at all....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I'd like to point out the fact that if you are a person, like me, who special ordered your car to be built that along with the trailer hitch choice comes other modifications to the car. Not only wiring but stoutness. Check it out before you discard checking this box.
Is there something structurally or reinforced differently from the factory? Porsche at the dealer will install a Porsche unit, of course for a few dollars more than a bargain.

Will the authorized Porsche install at the dealer be different or lacking if purchased from Porsche parts than if installed during build from the factory?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I wonder how much weight it adds?
If I were to venture a guess....25 lbs. Which is not too bad since it's weight added to the rear of a nose heavy vehicle.

Reactions: mplgaus

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is a notation that if you opt for the trailer hitch on the GTS this impacts the rear sport diffuser. It is a trade off between function vs. Looks. If you’re never going to tow, I personally think it looks better without. I was told by my SA it’s quite expensive to add later - likely because they need to remove and maybe replace? the rear diffuser to install it. Given this, and that I will likely tow on occasion, I added it. Since the rear diffuser is different if you add the hitch, not clear what the impact is on overall weight.

·
Registered
2017 Macan S in Sapphire Blue, 2014 Panamera 4S in Dark Blue Metallic
6 Posts
I have that interior color on mine. It ages well and is the right combo of Louboutin and classy to be awesome

41 - 58 of 58 Posts