Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I’m new to the forum. I just took delivery of my 2020 Macan GTS. My Cayenne Diesel was in for some routine maintenance and there were no loaners available, so my 997.2 C2S was the new daily for a bit. Well, sadly though it can be used as a daily driver sports/super car, doesn’t mean it should. I have two young children 4 & 3, I could manage myself and one of them in it. It’s a third car for us, but none the less I’ll get another 2 door Porsche shortly.
Drove a Macan Turbo and GTS dealer had on the lot. They offered me their last GTS build, but said it would be prob December before delivery. Someone had put a deposit down on this one so I was out of luck and not wanting to wait to change it up. I started looking at the Cayenne Turbo, but thought it redundant and I couldn’t shake the Macan GTS from my head. This vehicle has SOUL!
Long story longer, the gentleman withdrew his deposit as his wife said she’d murder him if he bought the GTS and so I jumped without thinking.
It is loaded and with a fabulous color interior, the Dolomite actually has some ice blue in it and I couldn’t be happier with what could possibly be the best DD and the best spec’d example of said awesomeness. Apologies for the ramble, I’m excited. One option I’d say made part of the diff for me between the Turbo in choosing was this had the torque vectoring, which I personally whether mental or physical believe I can feel and helps the GTS put the power down. Of course AS is sublime too. Ask me anything, still learning all of the features on this from the smaller steering wheel to the safety lane keep and adaptive cruise. Best part is I can get in, with the kids and wife and GO! Track day to come!!!
317B9B80-B9DE-47B2-8ABC-746D8465A435.jpeg
C2573B40-E3D9-468B-9EE4-2FD4191C1230.jpeg
225DCD09-F454-4172-8D54-DF6171E3BE44.jpeg
B73122EB-BB78-4DD0-8E5A-4B820437D06D.jpeg
E23B91EA-6AE4-4D55-85BD-E9C09154E4F4.jpeg
FA3226E1-B93B-4208-93BF-91857D8042F3.jpeg
C694B8B2-F4A6-493D-8B4F-9FE1AA74AD52.jpeg
C5C50E69-DCCA-4BD6-8C8C-2B80E5C854AD.jpeg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very nice configuration with the wheels, and you got the 18 seats.

Went through the same "express way" as you. Had Porsche offer a decent amount for my Jaguar iPace (EV), and jumped on an available GTS 2 weeks ago and I don't regret it at all look forward to put more miles (km over here) on it.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Great story, congrats! Drive it good health! We've got a 997.1as well. It's a ton of fun, but not a great DD when you're hauling kids & stuff.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi All, I’m new to the forum. I just took delivery of my 2020 Macan GTS. My Cayenne Diesel was in for some routine maintenance and there were no loaners available, so my 997.2 C2S was the new daily for a bit. Well, sadly though it can be used as a daily driver sports/super car, doesn’t mean it should. I have two young children 4 & 3, I could manage myself and one of them in it. It’s a third car for us, but none the less I’ll get another 2 door Porsche shortly.
Drove a Macan Turbo and GTS dealer had on the lot. They offered me their last GTS build, but said it would be prob December before delivery. Someone had put a deposit down on this one so I was out of luck and not wanting to wait to change it up. I started looking at the Cayenne Turbo, but thought it redundant and I couldn’t shake the Macan GTS from my head. This vehicle has SOUL!
Long story longer, the gentleman withdrew his deposit as his wife said she’d murder him if he bought the GTS and so I jumped without thinking.
It is loaded and with a fabulous color interior, the Dolomite actually has some ice blue in it and I couldn’t be happier with what could possibly be the best DD and the best spec’d example of said awesomeness. Apologies for the ramble, I’m excited. One option I’d say made part of the diff for me between the Turbo in choosing was this had the torque vectoring, which I personally whether mental or physical believe I can feel and helps the GTS put the power down. Of course AS is sublime too. Ask me anything, still learning all of the features on this from the smaller steering wheel to the safety lane keep and adaptive cruise. Best part is I can get in, with the kids and wife and GO! Track day to come!!!
View attachment 231884 View attachment 231885 View attachment 231886 View attachment 231887 View attachment 231888 View attachment 231889 View attachment 231890 View attachment 231891
Oh how marvellous - congratulations!!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Congrats! Very Nice! Looks like you even have the ionizer option as well!

Care to state what discount you got off MSRP, and if you were offered the 1.95% rate through Porsche?

Supposedly my 2020 Macan GTS arrives at the dealership Aug 7th....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice configuration with the wheels, and you got the 18 seats.

Went through the same "express way" as you. Had Porsche offer a decent amount for my Jaguar iPace (EV), and jumped on an available GTS 2 weeks ago and I don't regret it at all look forward to put more miles (km over here) on it.
Yours in your pic signature is slick. I love how we can all have the same cars, yet be spec’d to our own personal choices and they look completely different.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Congratulations! This color is just fantastic, I love how you can kind of see a little blue in it. I hope that you enjoy every mile in your new GTS. It sounds like it was just meant to be for you to take her home.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Partial red seats ! Yeah ! I love mine. Good job.
If I can’t have guards red Carmine was a close second, red seats are a must. You have a great combo, I love the sporty yet refined nature of a red interior.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congratulations! This color is just fantastic, I love how you can kind of see a little blue in it. I hope that you enjoy every mile in your new GTS. It sounds like it was just meant to be for you to take her home.
Appreciate that, yours probably would have been my first choice had I the option or patience, but this is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, plus red on the outside and inside would have been hard for me to resist even though I fear it might have been a bit too much.

·
Registered
739 Posts
If I can’t have guards red Carmine was a close second, red seats are a must. You have a great combo, I love the sporty yet refined nature of a red interior.
The only thing I am upset with Porsche is not adding stitched leather on the top of each door panel to match the front dash despite charging so much for the colour leather upgrade !

1 - 20 of 58 Posts