Porsche Macan Forum banner

Under-Shelf Net: New, and Uses?

6K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  2fast4u2pass 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been driving a MY 2019 Base Macan loaner for a couple of days now, and noticed that this car has a small net attached to the underside of the shelf in the hatch area:

Material property Black-and-white Architecture Baggage Metal

I was just wondering:

1) Is this new, or something that I just didn't know about, when I spec'ed our MY '18 S (back in Aug. 2017)?

2) For those of you who have this net, does anyone use if for anything? It seems sufficiently small (like, I guess, my imagination) that I can't think of a use for it, and so I'm just curious.

See less See more
#7 ·
California duster to keep my JBM looking sharp while traveling. oK I’m a little ocd🤦‍♂️Shopping bags great idea 👍 I keep those behind the seats in those pouches.

#9 ·
Hey, I'm a little OCD myself. Hence, the microfiber towels and detailer in the right-side cubby back there.

In addition to bird poop, etc. -- after which I change the towels -- I use those after going through car washes. I don't know whether they've changed anything back there in terms of this, but on my '18 S if you go through a car wash, and then open the liftgate shortly thereafter, water pours off the struts, dripping all over.

#10 ·
My pleasure.

Welcome to the forum, and don't be shy about asking questions. The vast majority of the folks here are pleasantly helpful, we all were first-time Macan owners at some point, etc. I'm just a bit north of you, in the Albany area, and our '18 S was our first P-car ever.

#11 ·
I put a small umbrella and plastic bags in my net.

Additionally: The OCD detailing stuff goes under the cargo floor in a pouch next to the subwoofer. A NOCO lithium jump pack lives in the right side cavity/net area.

Reactions: wspollack
#13 ·
I put a small umbrella and plastic bags in my net.

Additionally: The OCD detailing stuff goes under the cargo floor in a pouch next to the subwoofer. A NOCO lithium jump pack lives in the right side cavity/net area.
Well, we're on a similar, if not identical, wavelength. I keep a NOCO in the open space in the middle of, sort of underneath, within, etc., the spare tire.

#17 ·
Netting is there in my MY2016.

I keep MF towels & spare T-shirt & hats for hiking.

Reactions: No Substitute
#19 ·
Yeah, that's weird. There is no check item on the configurator for that. I'm certain of it. Also, we both ordered our Macan and picked it up at ATL PEC. I do have the Premium Plus Pkg, do you @wspollack ? If you do then, my next and only suspicion would be the Cargo Management System. Because you have that and I don't.

#21 ·
My BTO Macan did not have the net at delivery. Both Macans on my test drives (Base and S) had the net so I was baffled my ride did not at delivery. My dealer swapped one from a Base on the lot and that was it.

Have no idea why some Macans do not have it.

#22 ·
The cargo shelf net has been on North American Macan's since they were first introduced. We have a net on our 2015 Turbo, and we did not get the premium plus package.

Curious that some cars do not have the net.

#34 · (Edited)
The 2020 Macan I had had this as a standard feature as far as I can tell as it was not listed as an option. I used it for various things including gloves, extra masks, etc... as it attached to the underside rear storage cover and kept it off the floor of the rear area. The 2021 Macan GTS I just purchased does not have this and didn't notice til today. So I thought I would look at the tequipment section and nada. I tried Suncoast Parts and nada. Was I hallucinating that this cargo net existed? Can anyone point me to where Porsche has this as an option or standard equipment so I can get a part number to order it? Picture below:

Thanks in advance.

Driving with a perpetual grin on my face.

#41 ·
I have a 17GTS and have the net. I use it to put my umbrellas into.

I've noticed new MY 2021 does not have the net in the Base, S, GTS and Turbo .

@wwahl : I have an extra set with the net, if youre interested, I'll give it to you free of charge you just have to come plan a nice long drive to Texas to come pick it up sir :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.