Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
My BTO Macan did not have the net at delivery. Both Macans on my test drives (Base and S) had the net so I was baffled my ride did not at delivery. My dealer swapped one from a Base on the lot and that was it.

Have no idea why some Macans do not have it.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
The cargo shelf net has been on North American Macan's since they were first introduced. We have a net on our 2015 Turbo, and we did not get the premium plus package.

Curious that some cars do not have the net.

·
Registered
2020 Macan Night Blue Metallic black interior
10 Posts
If you can make it a little farther north in your travels, the Taconic Pkwy has some good twisties (along with its nice scenery) as you approach the P'keepsie area.

Oh, and if you have the analog clock, front and center atop your dash, and you've been wondering about the very cool "all hands point straight up" feature, I verified the other day, on this newer loaner, that the go-to-sleep timing hasn't changed from '18 to '19 Macans. If you want a fuller explanation, you may be interested in my research revealed in this thread: Revealed: Interval Until Clock Strikes Noon!

Oops, I'm wandering off-topic, in my own thread ...

I will try the Taconic and your video is amazing. I never knew that about the clock. Wow. Learned something new again. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
As I say, I have a loaner now, but when I get my '18 S back on Monday, I will take a pic. In the meantime, when I noticed the net on the '19 Base loaner the other day, I pointed it out to my wife. She agreed that we don't have it; she does perhaps 98% of the grocery shopping, and would have had the net staring her in the face all those times. Additionally, I've taken out the shelf dozens of times (in preparation for getting plants at Lowes, and so forth), and have placed the shelf right side up and up side down in the garage, and would have noticed it ... I think.
I'm baffled. Stay tuned for pics on Monday.
Encroaching Senility?

Okay, I've just quoted the relevant part of my own post from a few days ago. Here it is Monday, and here's a pic of the same under-shelf area in our '18 S:

2020-05-18_14-33-56.JPG

So, it turns out that my wife and I are, perhaps, getting senile. Or maybe just had better things on our minds. Or something.

That is, I've had that net, too, like everyone(?) else. And for 2½ years we have not paid much attention to it, to the point that we had both forgotten about it.

At least I got to learn about some uses for it, from responses to this thread. Maybe if we start using it, we'll remember that we have it.

Sorry to bother everyone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been driving a MY 2019 Base Macan loaner for a couple of days now, and noticed that this car has a small net attached to the underside of the shelf in the hatch area:

View attachment 231158

I was just wondering:

1) Is this new, or something that I just didn't know about, when I spec'ed our MY '18 S (back in Aug. 2017)?

2) For those of you who have this net, does anyone use if for anything? It seems sufficiently small (like, I guess, my imagination) that I can't think of a use for it, and so I'm just curious.
I've been driving a MY 2019 Base Macan loaner for a couple of days now, and noticed that this car has a small net attached to the underside of the shelf in the hatch area:

View attachment 231158

I was just wondering:

1) Is this new, or something that I just didn't know about, when I spec'ed our MY '18 S (back in Aug. 2017)?

2) For those of you who have this net, does anyone use if for anything? It seems sufficiently small (like, I guess, my imagination) that I can't think of a use for it, and so I'm just curious.
i use that net to store my ice scraper.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Are you in a front-plate-required state, and are living in the fast lane?
Yes (live in CA) and yes.

dealer did not have fronts installed at delivery and never got @ to do it. 7 months in and don't plan to until "instructed" otherwise.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes (live in CA) and yes.

dealer did not have fronts installed at delivery and never got @ to do it. 7 months in and don't plan to until "instructed" otherwise.
The front plate where I live is required, but I really don't like the look and haven't put them on vehicles for years. I panicked when I took delivery of my new Macan as I completely forgot to mention not to drill the front bumper until a couple of days before I took delivery. The sales guy laughed and said that they never install the plate without talking to the customer first.

The Jeep dealer by me has a different stance. I actually refused delivery of a vehicle about 7-8 years ago because they drilled the bumper. I told the sales guy and the GM at least a handful of times over the phone and via email when they were trying to locate a vehicle that I did not want the bumper drilled. They found the vehicle I wanted with a clean front bumper and did an out of state dealer trade. The day of delivery I get a phone call from the GM saying "my guys did their standard prep and you're not gonna believe it but they drilled the front bumper so I'm gonna throw in a set of floor mats for you." I laughed and politely told him that I'm not buying that vehicle. It got a bit heated after he continued to push, but I didn't buy from them as a result. I'm sure he called me a few names once we hung up the phone, but I will never understand why it's "standard prep" to drill holes into a new vehicle. There are other ways to attach a plate if one chooses to do so.

·
Registered
961 Posts
my 2017 S has it.

I use it to keep my microfiber towel. Spray detailer in the storage net to right side of the trunk near the tail light.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts