Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been driving a MY 2019 Base Macan loaner for a couple of days now, and noticed that this car has a small net attached to the underside of the shelf in the hatch area:

2020-05-15_17-28-24.JPG

I was just wondering:

1) Is this new, or something that I just didn't know about, when I spec'ed our MY '18 S (back in Aug. 2017)?

2) For those of you who have this net, does anyone use if for anything? It seems sufficiently small (like, I guess, my imagination) that I can't think of a use for it, and so I'm just curious.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
California duster to keep my JBM looking sharp while traveling. oK I’m a little ocd🤦‍♂️Shopping bags great idea 👍 I keep those behind the seats in those pouches.

·
Registered
2020 Macan Night Blue Metallic black interior
10 Posts
Thank you for asking the question. I just picked up my new 2020 Macan and was wondering the same thing the other day. I wonder what made Porsche put it there, especially when they sell cargo netting separately.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
California duster to keep my JBM looking sharp while traveling. oK I’m a little ocd🤦‍♂️Shopping bags great idea 👍 I keep those behind the seats in those pouches.
Hey, I'm a little OCD myself. Hence, the microfiber towels and detailer in the right-side cubby back there.

In addition to bird poop, etc. -- after which I change the towels -- I use those after going through car washes. I don't know whether they've changed anything back there in terms of this, but on my '18 S if you go through a car wash, and then open the liftgate shortly thereafter, water pours off the struts, dripping all over.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for asking the question. I just picked up my new 2020 Macan and was wondering the same thing the other day. I wonder what made Porsche put it there, especially when they sell cargo netting separately.
My pleasure.

Welcome to the forum, and don't be shy about asking questions. The vast majority of the folks here are pleasantly helpful, we all were first-time Macan owners at some point, etc. I'm just a bit north of you, in the Albany area, and our '18 S was our first P-car ever.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I put a small umbrella and plastic bags in my net.

Additionally: The OCD detailing stuff goes under the cargo floor in a pouch next to the subwoofer. A NOCO lithium jump pack lives in the right side cavity/net area.

·
Registered
2020 Macan Night Blue Metallic black interior
10 Posts
My pleasure.

Welcome to the forum, and don't be shy about asking questions. The vast majority of the folks here are pleasantly helpful, we all were first-time Macan owners at some point, etc. I'm just a bit north of you, in the Albany area, and our '18 S was our first P-car ever.
Thank you very much. I have found this forum in the last week to be extremely helpful and informative. Albany would be a great run. Right now I have just been driving up and down the Merritt Parkway for fun.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put a small umbrella and plastic bags in my net.

Additionally: The OCD detailing stuff goes under the cargo floor in a pouch next to the subwoofer. A NOCO lithium jump pack lives in the right side cavity/net area.
Well, we're on a similar, if not identical, wavelength. I keep a NOCO in the open space in the middle of, sort of underneath, within, etc., the spare tire.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you very much. I have found this forum in the last week to be extremely helpful and informative. Albany would be a great run. Right now I have just been driving up and down the Merritt Parkway for fun.
If you can make it a little farther north in your travels, the Taconic Pkwy has some good twisties (along with its nice scenery) as you approach the P'keepsie area.

Oh, and if you have the analog clock, front and center atop your dash, and you've been wondering about the very cool "all hands point straight up" feature, I verified the other day, on this newer loaner, that the go-to-sleep timing hasn't changed from '18 to '19 Macans. If you want a fuller explanation, you may be interested in my research revealed in this thread: Revealed: Interval Until Clock Strikes Noon!

Oops, I'm wandering off-topic, in my own thread ...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Not bad. I keep a couple of them, along with a detailer bottle, in the passenger-side netting back there, near where the hatch closes.
So you're telling me the 2018 and earlier doesn't have this netting underneath the shelf?

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Netting is there in my MY2016.

I keep MF towels & spare T-shirt & hats for hiking.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So you're telling me the 2018 and earlier doesn't have this netting underneath the shelf?
That's my story: no net.

As I say, I have a loaner now, but when I get my '18 S back on Monday, I will take a pic. In the meantime, when I noticed the net on the '19 Base loaner the other day, I pointed it out to my wife. She agreed that we don't have it; she does perhaps 98% of the grocery shopping, and would have had the net staring her in the face all those times. Additionally, I've taken out the shelf dozens of times (in preparation for getting plants at Lowes, and so forth), and have placed the shelf right side up and up side down in the garage, and would have noticed it ... I think.

But @wwahl and @iconoclast tell me they have the net -- although neither has provided pictorial evidence -- so I don't know what's going on. Was the net an item to checked off on the Configurator? Is this included in, say, the Premium Plus Package? Is installing this part of dealer prep (we got the car at the Atlanta PEC)? Does it get deleted when you spec (as we did) the Cargo Management System?

Maybe we need to set up a poll, or maybe a three-dimensional spreadsheet: net or no net, vs. year and model, vs. packages specified?

I'm baffled. Stay tuned for pics on Monday.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yeah, that's weird. There is no check item on the configurator for that. I'm certain of it. Also, we both ordered our Macan and picked it up at ATL PEC. I do have the Premium Plus Pkg, do you @wspollack ? If you do then, my next and only suspicion would be the Cargo Management System. Because you have that and I don't.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, that's weird. There is no check item on the configurator for that. I'm certain of it. Also, we both ordered our Macan and picked it up at ATL PEC. I do have the Premium Plus Pkg, do you @wspollack ? If you do then, my next and only suspicion would be the Cargo Management System. Because you have that and I don't.
Here's our final, as delivered, build, from 2½ years ago:

2018 Macan S Configuration.png

1 - 20 of 33 Posts