Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove a paired phone from the phone list? When I pull into my garage, and my wife is at home on her android cell phone, PCM connects to her phone and steals the call. Even though my phone is already connected. (the reverse happens when she pulls her Audi Q-3 into the garage and I am at home on my phone.) I have the sense to immediately turn my blue tooth off on my android phone, but this is not ideal. FWIW we both work from home and our cell phones are our business lines, so it is more then a casual interference, AND I do not need another reason for my wife to get mad at me.

When I check the list of 'available' devices I see my phone, my wife's phone and the previous owners phone... I suppose I should drive to their house and steal a call or two.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, but this just disconnects a currently connected phone. Note it says 'authorized' . What is needed is to 'UN-authorize' so that it is removed from the list altogether.

And I did figure out how to do that. But it is done by unselecting the PORSCHE from the phone's list of authorized bluetooth connections in the phone's settings/connections/bluetooth. Even then the 'PORSCHE' remains on the phone's list of possible bluetooth connections, but not on the list of bluetooth connections the phone is actively searching for.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Thanks, but this just disconnects a currently connected phone. Note it says 'authorized' . What is needed is to 'UN-authorize' so that it is removed from the list altogether.

And I did figure out how to do that. But it is done by unselecting the PORSCHE from the phone's list of authorized bluetooth connections. In the phone's settings/connections/bluetooth. Even then the 'PORSCE' remains on the phone's list of possible bluetooth connections, but not on the list of bluetooth connections the phone is actively searching for.
Please go back and read what you published. I suspect that you did not mean 'PORSCE'.

·
Registered
359 Posts
My wife and I have both our phones paired in our Macan. But one day we were both driving home from work at the same time, and she ended up immediately behind me in her car (with me driving the Macan) at a traffic light. She called, and as she had bluetooth turned on (on her iPhone), my Macan picked up her phone since she was so close behind me. As a result, I could not call her, nor her me -- to be heard through the Macan's speakers... my phone totally froze. So I had to disconnect my bluetooth connection and use the phone directly to talk with her. Stupid system.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My wife and I have both our phones paired in our Macan. But one day we were both driving home from work at the same time, and she ended up immediately behind me in her car (with me driving the Macan) at a traffic light. She called, and as she had bluetooth turned on (on her iPhone), my Macan picked up her phone since she was so close behind me. As a result, I could not call her, nor her me -- to be heard through the Macan's speakers... my phone totally froze. So I had to disconnect my bluetooth connection and use the phone directly to talk with her. Stupid system.
Pretty funny actually. It was good you weren't talking with someone she wasn't supposed to hear or visa versa. Technology is getting crazy out of hand. When you got a hold of her you should have suggested a drag race.

·
Super Moderator
1,366 Posts

And I did figure out how to do that. But it is done by unselecting the PORSCHE from the phone's list of authorized bluetooth connections in the phone's settings/connections/bluetooth. Even then the 'PORSCHE' remains on the phone's list of possible bluetooth connections, but not on the list of bluetooth connections the phone is actively searching for.

Glad you resolved it!

So, both devices (phone & Porsche) need to be told about the other in order for them to attempt to
establish a connection. In your case, it sounds as though it either took 'forgetting' about the other device
on both ends - or just on the phone end.

If it was just on the phone end, and if it's an iPhone, you can configure something like, "forget about this device"
and its entry will no longer appear in the list of the phone's known Bluetooth devices.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you resolved it!

So, both devices (phone & Porsche) need to be told about the other in order for them to attempt to
establish a connection. In your case, it sounds as though it either took 'forgetting' about the other device
on both ends - or just on the phone end.

If it was just on the phone end, and if it's an iPhone, you can configure something like, "forget about this device"
and its entry will no longer appear in the list of the phone's known Bluetooth devices.
Android has no 'Fuggetaboutit'- function :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts