Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps.

I have a Macan S on order through Swindon OPC. Currently got a Gen 2 997 S.

I really liked the car having visited Harrods, I'm looking forward to the test drive to finalise spec & engine choice.

Who else we got out there?........ :cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi peeps.

I have a Macan S on order through Swindon OPC. Currently got a Gen 2 997 S.

I really liked the car having visited Harrods, I'm looking forward to the test drive to finalise spec & engine choice.

Who else we got out there?........ :cool:
I ordered a turbo Macan from Porsche Silverlink in Newcastle. Delivery scheduled October/November

·
Registered
4 Posts
Macan on-the-road day today

So, today saw the first Macans on the road in the UK. Anyone else been out in one? :)
I drove the diesel (as that's what I've got on order) and it did not disappoint! It was every bit as refined, solid and quick as I expected and the handling was (also as expected) excellent. Now I just need to decide which of those expensive boxes to tick when finalising the spec and sit back and wait for a couple of months for my build slot. It's going to feel like a long couple of months :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered my Macan S last week so I'll be a year older when it finally arrives !!!

Ironically, my dad got caught speeding as we went to test drive and place our order in !!!

What kind of spec are most of you guys going for ? Interesting to see how different each country is, the USA Porsche site has a lot less options than the UK for example but have several exclusive packages...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Paid my deposit to Solihull OPC 8 weeks ago so no rush for the spec! Going for the 'Porsche' engined S. Don't understand why HIDs and sat. nav. are not standard and SO expensive - this car will replace a Skoda Octavia petrol turbo that has full leather, HIDs, sat. nav. heated seats, blue tooth, self dipping mirrors and all standard on the L & K model. Then it's a Porsche and will sit alongside my 70's 911 and look cute!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Placed my order today... Moving from a BMW X3 M Sport 2.0D to a Macan Diesel S. Estimated 12 months wait for delivery but hoping it will be less.

Current thinking on spec: Sat Nav, Pan Roof, 20" RS Spyderwheels, comfort seats (didn't enjoy the sports seats after 30 min drive), xenon lights and embossed crest on the head rests.

The dealer mentioned a sports exhaust will be added to the options list soon which I will be interested in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Macan Turbo, being built this Friday & due at Porsche Tonbridge about 3 weeks time.
Have been driving a Cayenne Turbo as the main family car for 7 years, so will be interested in the difference...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered a Turbo (for the moment at least) in November, due in very late 2015 or worst case start of 2016. Silverstone Porsche.

It is replacing a 2006 997 C2S given there are two little girls in the house now so needed a bit more room without giving up the fun road trips with friends to the Evo Triangle or abroad that we try and do at least once a year.

As at 20:35 the spec choices are likely to be Sapphire Blue, A/S, Pano, 20" Spyders, tinted windows, black interior, sports seats, mobile prep, PCM painted and ideally the interior painted option that you can see on Porsche Exclusive pics but isn't yet on the configurator once I can find out how much it costs and if it is even available!

At 20:45 this will all likely change as it seems to do on a daily basis!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very nice. I'm sure you are very excited for May. If only I had less than 12 months to wait for mine! I'll just have to make do with watching you drive around the area!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just completed the first 1000 miles in my Macan S petrol. I'm pretty happy overall - the size takes a bit of getting used to after my (smaller) Subaru Forester Turbo, but the handling & performance are absolutely first class. The Porsche is quiet, quick, and practical: exactly what I wanted. Only complaints so far: [a] I have the tan leather interior, and the large area in front of the dash reflects quite badly off the windscreen when the sun shines; the heating controls take a bit of getting used to (using them a lot at the moment!) [c] the radio controls are odd: I can't find how to turn it off, without switching off the whole centre console display... you can mute the sound, but this comes back on again next time you start the engine. [d] I don't like the ignition 'key', it feels a bit awkward & tight.
...But this is all nickel & dime stuff... driving the car is what's important, and it is spot on.
Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
My order brought forward from September to May/June so have to lock-down the spec. Up to now been fun going through the option list but reality has to kick in in next few days; can't wait as it is my first new Porsche having run a 930 and 993 in the past.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts