Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Fast_Eddie .

Thanks for your detailed reply with resume . Of course you hit a few points I had never considered .
I'm old enough now and maybe wise enough to know good advice when I see it .
I pick up my GTS in 4 days and have to decide on wheel and tire insurance my understanding is when there is a claim for one tire the replacement has to "match" specs so sometimes they replace all four.
I know if I was relocating to Aus I would buy it for sure . I couldn't believe how many times I curbed the rental car wheels when visiting .

I agree

After going through two sets of Michelin Latitude Sport 3 in 20K miles, I decided to take a chance and go with a lesser known off-brand tire which was available in 21" Macan fitment.

The brand is Atturo Tires and the model is AZ850. From the get go, the tire is much better handling than the Michelins, it will be interesting to see how it stands up to the test of time.

Road noise is much better than the Michelin, braking is very much improved and the car tracks straighter down the highway.

The tires are not N0-spec so this may offend Porsche aficionados, but I am very pleased so far. FWIW, shipped, mounted, new Porsche stem seals, balanced and alignment check came to $631.00 out the door (all 4 tires)
I moved to the AZ850's for my 21''s on my Turbo, I concur, they're better than the original Michelin L sports, highly recommended. Only issue is Porsche warranty/extension is voided as they're not approved by Porsche, hopefully they'll pay the money to Porsche to do so at some point as they're a great alternative.

MacanTurbo'd you make a statement that the Porsche warranty/extension is voided, how do you come to that conclusion, do you have something in writing from a dealership? Tyres are excluded from any warranty claim as are many other consumable components and I cannot see how they would affect any other failure other than maybe suspension components. Interested in understanding where you sourced your information.

Under Australian Consumer Law my consistent expert legal advice is that you do not void warranty unless the "modifications" that you have made have directly contributed to the warranty item under question. The ACL trumps anything Porsche or a dealer may advise.

Regarding N-spec tyres see my earlier posts in this thread for the facts.

After going through two sets of Michelin Latitude Sport 3 in 20K miles, I decided to take a chance and go with a lesser known off-brand tire which was available in 21" Macan fitment.

The brand is Atturo Tires and the model is AZ850. From the get go, the tire is much better handling than the Michelins, it will be interesting to see how it stands up to the test of time.

Road noise is much better than the Michelin, braking is very much improved and the car tracks straighter down the highway.

The tires are not N0-spec so this may offend Porsche aficionados, but I am very pleased so far. FWIW, shipped, mounted, new Porsche stem seals, balanced and alignment check came to $631.00 out the door (all 4 tires)

YIKES! Two sets of Michelin Latitudes in 20K miles!!! :eek:

You must have traction control disabled and be doing 4-tire burnouts all the time!

Wow!

Those Atturo's are much cheaper than the Michelins - and, based on your performance analysis, better
in many ways - Michelin had better watch out.

(I spent several $ a few months ago replacing my summer Contis, then added a set of Michelin Alpins to
the second set of wheels for the winter. I may have to investigate those Atturos for their potential the future)

;)

I think he tracked his Macan.

Under Australian Consumer Law my consistent expert legal advice is that you do not void warranty unless the "modifications" that you have made have directly contributed to the warranty item under question. The ACL trumps anything Porsche or a dealer may advise.

Regarding N-spec tyres see my earlier posts in this thread for the facts.
Thanks Fast_Eddie, re the ACL that would also be my interpretation as well, however I will also contact the dealership and try to get in writing that it is allowable (to vary tyres), though I am sure they will try to scare me into only using the OEM Contis. Re the N-spec (and I did read and respect your detailed and experienced response) it certainly is a dilemma whether to "take a chance" on the Atturos or be safe in the knowledge the Contis are approved.

my understanding is when there is a claim for one tire the replacement has to "match" specs so sometimes they replace all four.
We added the Safeguard UVPP warranty from our Porsche dealer when we bought our CPO Turbo, (I thought there was some mention of such a match program, found out today there is not):

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.