Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just wondering what the timeline looks like from finding an allocation -> locking build -> entering production -> delivery?

I got an allocation from my dealer around 10 days ago, but the build doesn't lock for another 3 weeks.. is this usual? Delivery according to my SA is 2nd week October.
3/29 - Deposit and preliminary build
4/4 - Build finalized and locked
5/11 - Build date
6/24 - Delivery

Between our SA and PCNA, this is the information we had on 4/19. (And it’s possible we were given an unclaimed allocation from January? We’re not sure.)

However, the tracking/screenshot we finally received last week on 5/7 shows the lock date as 4/14 and the car went into production on 5/5 with delivery still estimated to be 6/24. We’ll see… 🤞🏻

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Allocation and deposit 02/02/22. Original fixed date 3/11, then 4/15. Original exit production 4/1, then 5/13.Original entry San Diego 5/13, now 6/24. Original dealer inventory 5/27, now 7/15. Still subject to change.

·
Registered
2022 Macan S (ETA 09.02.2022)
53 Posts
Just checked my bank statement and looks like my original deposit was 05/01/2022 (the same day I registered here apparently haha). If my Macan arrives 09/01/2022, that would be a 4 month wait.

Hopeful for no delays or other shenanigans!

PS: I left my SA's name and dealership uncensored; I am extremely pleased with them. Please notify me if I should censor this information.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Technology

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Software

·
Registered
2022 Dixon Ticonderoga
48 Posts
5 months total for me from allocation to delivery. Got an allocation on November 1, locked around December 15th, completed production January 25th (took a week or so), sat in Port waiting for a ship for almost a month until February 24th, took 2 weeks to get to Halifax (times vary depending on location but Halifax would be one of the shortest), sat there waiting for transport for 9 days then another 9 days to arrive in Toronto on the truck

·
Registered
232 Posts
As should be fairly obvious at this point in this thread, there is no such thing as a typical time within the worlds current landscape. Some as little as 4 months and others nearly a year. It’s all about timing and supply chain. If you go into it assuming delays, you will be fine and then pleasantly surprised if it makes on the eta. It’s worth the wait.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts