Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the timeline looks like from finding an allocation -> locking build -> entering production -> delivery?

I got an allocation from my dealer around 10 days ago, but the build doesn't lock for another 3 weeks.. is this usual? Delivery according to my SA is 2nd week October.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lol…you do not want my timeline

order lock 1/13/22
Production started 4/7/22
Arrived at Emden 4/15/22
Loaded on SFL Composer
SFL Composer arrived in Houston
Car totaled on ship from rough sees
Ordered moved to a 2023
Expected production in late August
Expected delivery late October

at this point, who knows. If it arrives on time (doubtful) will be a 10 1/2 month process. I am holding on right now, but a BMW X5M would be here in 8 weeks or so.

sorry. Sour grapes and a bit of frustration in the process.

·
Registered
34 Posts
May 2021 Deposit waiting on allocation
23 Dec 21 Allocation received
30 Dec 21 order placed
01 Apr 22 order locked
26 Apr 22 Birthday
Currently at Emden waiting on boat ride
24 Jun 22 ETA dealer

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol…you do not want my timeline

order lock 1/13/22
Production started 4/7/22
Arrived at Emden 4/15/22
Loaded on SFL Composer
SFL Composer arrived in Houston
Car totaled on ship from rough sees
Ordered moved to a 2023
Expected production in late August
Expected delivery late October

at this point, who knows. If it arrives on time (doubtful) will be a 10 1/2 month process. I am holding on right now, but a BMW X5M would be here in 8 weeks or so.

sorry. Sour grapes and a bit of frustration in the process.
Ah sorry to hear that. I’m positive the experience and the car will be worth it!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I signed my order and got an allocation in mid-February, and at the time was told my lock date was first week of March and expected delivery was May 20th (literally next week).

Two days after I placed my order, the Felicity Ace caught fire. Less than another two weeks later, the Russia-Ukraine war started. These events delayed my build approximately 1.5 months. It seems that Porsche may be past these issues now, but be prepared for more delays especially if there is another "shock" event.

My current expected timeline:
Build locked on 4/21/22. Currently in V250 status
Production begins - 5/27
Production completion - 6/3
Loaded on a ship to Baltimore - 6/10
Arrives Baltimore - 6/24
Delivery to dealer - 7/8

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just wondering what the timeline looks like from finding an allocation -> locking build -> entering production -> delivery?
Just to add - has your SA provided you with your build schedule? That would be what @lyricgskills posted above.
If you don't have it, definitely ask for it...most SAs typically will provide a screenshot of it from the Porsche ordering system (PVMS).

·
Registered
196 Posts
My Macan and Cayenne are both coming off lease in March 2023. I got a call yesterday from my dealer warning me the order times for both vehicles will be 6-8 months. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
2022 Macan Gran Turismo Sport
317 Posts
This is super helpful! If you don’t mind me asking, how much did the tint and PPF cost you? Was thinking of getting both those done too.
Front bumper, entire hood, headlights, mirrors, kick panels plus ceramic tint on the front driver and passenger, rear driver and passenger windows for $2995.

·
Registered
14 Posts

I got an allocation from my dealer around 10 days ago, but the build doesn't lock for another 3 weeks.. is this usual? Delivery according to my SA is 2nd week October.
Mine took exactly six months from order to delivery.
I ordered 10.29.2021 and finally took delivery 04.30.22.
My car locked 2nd week Nov, went into production 1st week Dec, exited production 3rd week Jan, arrived at Emden end of Jan and did not get on ship till 03.16.22.
Originally told I would have 3rd week Feb.
I was never provided a reason for delay every step of the way. Just be patient and don’t rely on the date’s provided. That change constantly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Front bumper, entire hood, headlights, mirrors, kick panels plus ceramic tint on the front driver and passenger, rear driver and passenger windows for $2995.
I was able to get full frontal XPel PPF for front bumper, full hood, both front quarter panels and mirrors plus XPel ceramic window tint on all windows except windshield for $2150. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts