Porsche Macan Forum banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had the oil changed and a couple warranty updates performed at Porsche in Westwood ,Ma. 360.00 , and a nice full printed out inspection report . I know I can service for less ? I was interested to see if any oil leaking was present and wanted to document it for warranty purposes . My 2017 S at 35,500 mi is very dry and clean at the moment , so to me its a fair value . Having people who only service these vehicles has significant value . That being said I will do my plugs myself . I will also do any brake and tire work . I will continue to let the dealer change oil as a 10,000 mi service , this way I will be made aware of any pending issues .

·
Registered
30 Posts
My dealer quoted the following for my 2 year (20,000 mile, though we're at 16,000) maintenance.

TL;DR - $886.39 + 8% tax for yearly maintenance + brake fluid flush.

Fair? Seems expensive to me. I live in the NE
Wondering what others think.
Thanks!

"As per your last visit, your Macan is due for the intermediate maintenance. This is recommended every 2 years regardless of miles. It includes annual oil & filter change, the pollen air filter, cleaning the water drains, and performing the Porsche maintenance check list. Including, but not limited to checking: tires, brakes, suspension, drive line, exhaust, under body, and battery. The service also includes scanning all vehicles modules for any faults, a road test, and a full lubrication service. This maintenance is $686.39 plus tax. You are also due for a brake fluid flush. This is required every 2 years regardless of miles. That is $200.00 plus tax. Total for services listed listed $886.39 plus tax."

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
My dealer quoted the following for my 2 year (20,000 mile, though we're at 16,000) maintenance.

TL;DR - $886.39 + 8% tax for yearly maintenance + brake fluid flush.

Fair? Seems expensive to me. I live in the NE
Wondering what others think.
Thanks!

"As per your last visit, your Macan is due for the intermediate maintenance. This is recommended every 2 years regardless of miles. It includes annual oil & filter change, the pollen air filter, cleaning the water drains, and performing the Porsche maintenance check list. Including, but not limited to checking: tires, brakes, suspension, drive line, exhaust, under body, and battery. The service also includes scanning all vehicles modules for any faults, a road test, and a full lubrication service. This maintenance is $686.39 plus tax. You are also due for a brake fluid flush. This is required every 2 years regardless of miles. That is $200.00 plus tax. Total for services listed listed $886.39 plus tax."
I don't know about "fair." Porsche maintenance doesn't come cheap, and I keep getting told that I should use independent shops for routine service (and I can direct you to those threads, if need be). So who knows.

In terms of whether or not it's out of the ordinary, your quote is not too bad, in the ballpark, based on my experience with the local northeast (NY state) dealership near me that I've used for the 10K (free), 20K, 30K, and 40K services so far.

For my 20K service, it was c. $500 plus tax; just regular stuff, i.e., oil/filter and cabin filter (which tons of folks say to do it yourself, but let's not get into that here). For the 30K, when we had the brake flush (it was right at two years), that flush added about another $250 plus tax to the bill.

Those two receipts are attached for your study (click to download), if you're really interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the info!
I live in Syracuse, and am not sure of any alternative trustworthy place for service aside from the dealership.
I used to live in Toronto, and I had more than enough selection to get things done right.

I don't know about "fair." Porsche maintenance doesn't come cheap, and I keep getting told that I should use independent shops for routine service (and I can direct you to those threads, if need be). So who knows.

In terms of whether or not it's out of the ordinary, your quote is not too bad, in the ballpark, based on my experience with the local northeast (NY state) dealership near me that I've used for the 10K (free), 20K, 30K, and 40K services so far.

For my 20K service, it was c. $500 plus tax; just regular stuff, i.e., oil/filter and cabin filter (which tons of folks say to do it yourself, but let's not get into that here). For the 30K, when we had the brake flush (it was right at two years), that flush added about another $250 plus tax to the bill.

Those two receipts are attached for your study (click to download), if you're really interested.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry, I meant IF I were still in Toronto, I WOULD have an abundance of service should I need to look.
I do not have anyone specific that I could recommend, as I did not have my Macan when I live there.

Mofoman,
Where in TO did you frequent for good Macan service ?
Cheers !

·
Registered
2017 Macan S Sapphire Blue
4 Posts
In NC I had the selling dealer quote the next few services for my "S":
50k= $379
60k= $750
70-80K = $1,200
All + tax

161 - 167 of 167 Posts