Porsche Macan Forum banner

141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
For those of you in the Washington state, where did you get your maintenance plan and how much was it?
Got ours through dealer (Porsche Bellingham), had 40k maintenance on our base, and squeezed 2 years out of them when we got the S.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you call your dealer service they can give you an estimate. Since at 3 year/30k miles they change spark plugs in addition to all the other service items required at that point; e.g., oil change, brake fluid flush, etc, I'm just guessing around $800.00 but again that is just a guess.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
still looking for typical pricing for the 30K service hahaha
This is my 30,000 receipt, from Sept. 2019. Note that the car was one month shy of two years since its delivery, so a brake flush was included, in addition to the normal 30,000 work.

I'd say that my sole local dealer has typical prices for its work, but that's just an educated guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2017 S has about 36k miles on the odometer and I'm planning for its 40K mile maintenance. Would someone please enlighten me on what the maintenance involves and how much I should expect to pay? I live on the mid-Atlantic coast.

Has this already been answered online somewhere? Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just thought I would share and wanted to see how this compared to others?

2018 Macan Base - 30,000 Miles

$240.53 for Oil Change & and Yearly Service ( 125 Labor / 115.53 Parts )
$215.00 for Yearly Service ( 215.00 Labor / 4.69 Parts )
$452.10 for Spark Plugs ( 322.50 Labor / 129.60 Parts )

$907.63 Total
I had a 10% discount so I ended up paying $882.48 after taxes ect.

They said I could have waited on the Spark plugs IF I wanted, but he said the 40,000 mile Service is the most expensive one and that if I did this now it would help offset the next service. He left it up to me and I decided to do it now rather than next year.

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
$215.00 for Yearly Service ( 215.00 Labor / 4.69 Parts ) <-- what does this include?

The rest looks fine for dealer service.

·
Registered
14 Posts
$215.00 for Yearly Service ( 215.00 Labor / 4.69 Parts ) <-- what does this include?

The rest looks fine for dealer service.
Cleaning of Radiator / Air Intakes, Cleaning All Water Body Drains, Visual Inspection of Chassis, Under Body, Engine Compartment, 21 point Inspection Report, Test Drive.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I cannot compare as I bought the prepaid maintenance plan though it seems inline with what dealers charge. I prepaid $3500 for all maintenance up to 50k.

Now we wait for the posts on how some are DIYers, or use an Indy or make skip certain steps... nothing wrong with any of it but I look forward to the usual replies. LOL.

Plus, since I’m close to 48k, my last service is coming up... I will be looking at an Indy for future service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Cleaning of Radiator / Air Intakes, Cleaning All Water Body Drains, Visual Inspection of Chassis, Under Body, Engine Compartment, 21 point Inspection Report, Test Drive.
The oil change should already include a comprehensive inspection. Now is the cleaning worth $215?

·
Registered
205 Posts

$907.63 Total

They said I could have waited on the Spark plugs IF I wanted, but he said the 40,000 mile Service is the most expensive one and that if I did this now it would help offset the next service. He left it up to me and I decided to do it now rather than next year.
This is close to the numbers my dealer gave me when I inquired, before I bought my Macan.

My local SA knows me real well. He's been my SA through two Caymans and helps with my VW. Every 10k miles, expect to spend a couple hundred at a minimum. (Five hundred is way too much) The 40k is the "big one", and he told me around 1200 pending what needed to be done.

He did add one thing when I asked about preventative xfer case steps. He said before doing an all out xfer case replacement (around 4k) for one customer that started with the symptoms, they changed the xfer case fluid to see if that helped. So far that resolved the problem.

So for a few hundred with some customers who were out of warranty or CPO, they are doing the same. He hasn't seen any come back needing replacement. He wouldn't declare it was a remedy or a sure fire prevention, but so far it seems to help with that issue. He still sees it more with the Cayennes.

My dealer might be less expensive than the average, I dunno. Standard service/oil change on my previous Porsches always seemed to run 100 or 150 less than what I read from others elsewhere. Never more than 3-400. One poor guy on another board was hit with some astronomically stupid price, like 800 or something.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Holy Crap. I just spoke to my local dealer for the cost of a 4 yr service visit. MY 2015 Turbo with 19k miles (I bought it CPO and have purchased an extended 3rd party warranty through the dealership).

The estimate for oil & filter change, air filter, inspection, transmission fluid was $1,952. My last service at 3 yr was $900 and I was able to digest it reluctantly but almost $2k seems like complete BS. I just ordered the Mann air filter from Amazon so that will save me $150 so my total goes down to $1,800. The service advisor said that it takes 5 hours for the transmission service and the fluid alone costs $250.

My issue is that it is CPO until next year and I have the extended warranty through the dealer.

I am not a DIY person regarding the other service requirements.

What is reasonable for this service?
Any suggestions what I should do?

·
Super Moderator
8,141 Posts
Holy Crap.

The estimate for oil & filter change, air filter, inspection, transmission fluid was $1,952.

Sounds cheap. This person was charged $3007 There will be others found probably from a couple of years ago less than $2K. Adjust for inflation. 4 yr/40K is a Major service for a Porsche. Be glad you don't need a new battery too.

Read

https://www.leithporsche.com/static/agency-leith/leith-porsche/landing-pages/Maintenance-Schedule/Macan/macm.pdf

Watch

·
Registered
1,223 Posts

$907.63 Total

Yeah, those 4 cylinder Macan's are really expensive on plug changes 'cause you don't get the volume discount. And the plugs are so hard to get at. ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Holy Crap. I just spoke to my local dealer for the cost of a 4 yr service visit. MY 2015 Turbo with 19k miles (I bought it CPO and have purchased an extended 3rd party warranty through the dealership).

The estimate for oil & filter change, air filter, inspection, transmission fluid was $1,952. My last service at 3 yr was $900 and I was able to digest it reluctantly but almost $2k seems like complete BS. I just ordered the Mann air filter from Amazon so that will save me $150 so my total goes down to $1,800. The service advisor said that it takes 5 hours for the transmission service and the fluid alone costs $250.

My issue is that it is CPO until next year and I have the extended warranty through the dealer.

I am not a DIY person regarding the other service requirements.

This thread inspired me to make a call today. I was quoted $2400 for same 40K. Seems a bit egregious and more research is clearly in order. I may have them do the important stuff and take the chance that a DIY cabin air filter won't void my transfer case warranty.

·
Registered
2016 Macan Turbo w/Sport Chrono Package
6 Posts
Was quoted $2400 for a 40k mile service, and that's WITHOUT an oil change (long story but due to when we purchase the car and what the mileage was that, we are doing the oil changes every 10k miles on the 6,000 mile mark, ie 26k, 36k, etc)

I think $2400 without an oil change seems definitely high.

Anyone?? Agree/disagree?

**Quote was from Orlando, FL based Porsche dealership

Thanks!
Scott

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you read through the previous threads in this post you'll see that the 40k service costs vary widely. I paid $1,030 early January at dealer service and that included an oil change, PDK service, etc. The only items I had done previously that weren't done were the cabin air filter and wipers. Another post stated that an owner paid $3,007 with about $1,200 of that in parts. I'm thinking they must have needed brake pads, rotors, tires, or some combination of these in addition to the "normal" 40k miles service.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you read through the previous threads in this post you'll see that the 40k service costs vary widely. I paid $1,030 early January at dealer service and that included an oil change, PDK service, etc. The only items I had done previously that weren't done were the cabin air filter and wipers. Another post stated that an owner paid $3,007 with about $1,200 of that in parts. I'm thinking they must have needed brake pads, rotors, tires, or some combination of these in addition to the "normal" 40k miles service.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is true. I talked to my SA about this very topic earlier this morning. He said dealers widely vary on their labor cost. Some they know charge $250 per hour.

So, even though it's done, if I did the 40k service, it would include PDK (which I would be charged 700) and then "everything else", for a total around $1,000.

The 10k service is around $300.

I think if I went in blindly and got hit with $2,500+ for a routine service, my next move would be to get out of the car and get something else. That's ridiculous.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Porsche Grapevine. DFW area TX.

$197.50 to install all 4 tires and Roadforce balance. I got the 21" wheels and had to switch out the summers back in December.

141 - 160 of 167 Posts