Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

What is the typical maintenance schedule on the S? Is it every 10K miles/1 year? What do Porsche service depts in the US typically charge for this service?

Thanks!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Spoke with a dealer service consultant and said oil change $250 & 15k service is $550
Northeast/ nj

·
Registered
93 Posts
Spoke with a dealer service consultant and said oil change $250 & 15k service is $550
Northeast/ nj

Oil change $250? Ok, I must admit that this price is something that I can afford, but doesn't this still strike anyone else as absurd?

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
get it done at an independent shop certified by Porsche and pay half that

·
Super Moderator
7,178 Posts
Northeast/ nj
There is no 15K service. There is oil change at 10K or once/year, minor service at 2 years (20K), major service at 4 years (40K). Brake bleeds every two years.

$250 is cheap, more likely $400. They do more than just change the oil.

·
Super Moderator
7,178 Posts
Oil change $250? Ok, I must admit that this price is something that I can afford, but doesn't this still strike anyone else as absurd?
Thats cheap. Wait until you need some serious work done.

If you walk out with a $250 bill, kiss the ground and be very thankful.

get it done at an independent shop certified by Porsche and pay half that
Do such things exist? Never heard of that.

Do not take it to your local quick oil change place.

·
Super Moderator
7,178 Posts
Might be apples to oranges but my 991 service at 10K was $400 and at 20K was $800.
And that is about right. I said 10K would be $400. :)

20K is minor service plus $180 for brake bleed and whatever other checks they do at 20K. $800 - $1,000 for 2 year minor service is spot on.

Anyone thinking they are going to pay $150 or so for a 15K minor service (well 20K) is not going to be happy when they get that near $1,000 bill.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
And that is about right. I said 10K would be $400. :)

20K is minor service plus $180 for brake bleed and whatever other checks they do at 20K. $800 - $1,000 for 2 year minor service is spot on.

Anyone thinking they are going to pay $150 or so for a 15K minor service (well 20K) is not going to be happy when they get that near $1,000 bill.
Banging off the limiter in Sport Plus mode while exiting the dealer service drive is a great way to try and lessen the sting of the service charges. :nerd:

·
Super Moderator
7,178 Posts
Banging off the limiter in Sport Plus mode while exiting the dealer service drive is a great way to try and lessen the sting of the service charges. :nerd:
Haha. Just don't do a money shift.

Oh wait, you can't do a money shift with a PDK. :laugh:

Oh wait, you can actually get a range 2 overrev :eek:

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Haha. Just don't do a money shift.

Oh wait, you can't do a money shift with a PDK. :laugh:

Oh wait, you can actually get a range 2 overrev :eek:
:eek: Now that is very interesting. I can understand the range 1 counts due to fuel cut as noted in the RL thread, but range 2!? Wow...

Thanks!

Is there no interval for trans fluid change? Hopefully it's not one of those "lifetime" fluids.
Cayenne service manual won't have the relevant transmission data since it uses a traditional automatic rather than PDK. We'll likely want to wait on the Macan intervals for that spec but could probably make some inferences based on the 911/Boxster/Cayman PDK schedule.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
For those concerned about the cost of service, just remember that this is a Porsche, not a Honda. I think that after investing over $60k in these cars, a $250 or $400 charge for oil (and filter) change and general inspection of the car is not a big deal. I think it is worth something to have a trained tech look at everything while the car is on the rack, check the cabin filter, brakes, tires, fluids, etc. In my experience, they usually say everything is fine and don't try to up-sell me on unnecessary work. These cars are relatively maintenance free (at least the 911's are), so paying a little more for an "oil change" (which usually includes an inspection) does not bother me. I don't know the oil capacity of these motors, but the 911's typically take about 10 litres of synthetic oil.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
For those concerned about the cost of service, just remember that this is a Porsche, not a Honda. I think that after investing over $60k in these cars, a $250 or $400 charge for oil (and filter) change and general inspection of the car is not a big deal. I think it is worth something to have a trained tech look at everything while the car is on the rack, check the cabin filter, brakes, tires, fluids, etc. In my experience, they usually say everything is fine and don't try to up-sell me on unnecessary work. These cars are relatively maintenance free (at least the 911's are), so paying a little more for an "oil change" (which usually includes an inspection) does not bother me. I don't know the oil capacity of these motors, but the 911's typically take about 10 litres of synthetic oil.
+1 here, the service visits every 10K miles on my ML are at least as expensive...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Just wait until the first set of summer tires at 15K miles >:D

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Just wait until the first set of summer tires at 15K miles >:D
Good point, especially those going for the bigger wheels (20" and 21"). A set of decent tires will run around $1350-1550, plus installation. I've always considered tires to be one of the biggest costs on my 911, given the rear tires (at about $400-$550 each) typically last only 10-15 thousand miles. That's about 10 cents per mile just for the rear tires. I just had my 911 serviced, and the cost for the oil change, inspection, and brake flush was $495, less $50 for a coupon they sent me earlier. That turns out to 5 cents/mile total maintenance cost for the 10,000 miles since my last service.

·
Super Moderator
7,178 Posts
I've always considered tires to be one of the biggest costs on my 911, given the rear tires (at about $400-$550 each) typically last only 10-15 thousand miles.
And with the OEM latitudes, that is why I smile every time I read somone wants to "drift" or hang the tail out, or (oh no) light the rears up, because each time, poof ... there goes $20 up in smoke.

Haha:( I guess the very young might not think about that much until after the first year is up. :crying:

1 - 20 of 130 Posts