Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver and passenger fans are not independent, at least not on the center dash vents. I can set the driver’s side fan speed to 1 bar and then, set the passenger’s fan speed to 4 bars. This changes the air flow on the driver’s side to match the passenger side. Of course, the display still shows as 1 bar on the driver‘s fan speed display.

Has anyone tried this on theirs or have the same issue?

I suspect my HVAC is messed up as I encountered other issues this past summer where I was running the AC, change the fan speed to about 5 bars (hot day) and nothing happened with the fan speed/air flow. In that particular instance, I even tried the MAX AC button. The displays reacted as they should (fan speed bars were max’d) but no change in air flow.

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think the Macan ever had two independent HVAC fans.....
I’m pretty sure it does. Why would they have a fan speed control for both, driver and passenger.

On mine, these fan controls only control the flow of air coming out of the corner dash vents. Like I mentioned before, the center dash vents flow at the same flow, the higher setting of the two fan settings.

· Registered
2020 Macan S
117 Posts
I believe it does, as well. I haven't had a lot of experience yet with my 2020 S since it has been in the shop a significant amount of time since I bought it, but our 2015 certainly seemed to.

None of my other luxury rides - Mercedes, Acura, Lexus, Infiniti, BMW - have ever had separate fan speed controls for driver/passenger. They've only ever had separate temperature controls. The Porsche's ability to control everything from fan speed to fan direction in the Macan is the best integration I've ever had of dual climate.

· Registered
241 Posts
I believe it does, as well. I haven't had a lot of experience yet with my 2020 S since it has been in the shop a significant amount of time since I bought it, but our 2015 certainly seemed to.

None of my other luxury rides - Mercedes, Acura, Lexus, Infiniti, BMW - have ever had separate fan speed controls for driver/passenger. They've only ever had separate temperature controls. The Porsche's ability to control everything from fan speed to fan direction in the Macan is the best integration I've ever had of dual climate.
Yes, this is possible in my 2018 Macan and truly one of those nice features that sets it apart. I've had all the same marques, plus Volvo, and never seen this feature elsewhere.

· Registered
163 Posts
Mine works like it should. Sync turned off. Driver and passenger can independently change fan and temperature. Not sure if it’s multiple fans, but airflow is different between the two sides. Def one of my fav Porsche features. Worth getting yours checked out if you can replicate it. I’ve experienced A/C weirdness in the past, especially on the AUTO setting. It just seemed like the fans were not adjusting to the change in temperature like they used to. I told my SA, they said nothing was wrong… but once I got the car back it was behaving like it used to so idk. Maybe they reset something and it sorted itself out.

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking at the HVAC wiring diagrams, there is only one fan, but perhaps the system adjusts the flaps in the ductwork to alter the volume of air on individual sides of the cabin.
I assumed one single fan and the flaps are what’s controlling the volume of flow depending on the individual setting of driver and passenger. This works on mine but only for the outer/corner dash vents. But, the two center dash vents are always the higher setting of the driver and passenger, as if the flap inside isn’t working properly.

Mine works like it should. Sync turned off. Driver and passenger can independently change fan and temperature. Not sure if it’s multiple fans, but airflow is different between the two sides. Def one of my fav Porsche features. Worth getting yours checked out if you can replicate it. I’ve experienced A/C weirdness in the past, especially on the AUTO setting. It just seemed like the fans were not adjusting to the change in temperature like they used to. I told my SA, they said nothing was wrong… but once I got the car back it was behaving like it used to so idk. Maybe they reset something and it sorted itself out.
I think I’ll have the dealer take a look at it. Like I said earlier, my A/C has done some weird stuff this past summer. Something’s definitely off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts