Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 GTS with Sport Chrono question: how do you enable Sport Mode without the dial on the steering wheel?

I have swapped in a "loaner" steering wheel, that does not have the Sport Chrono dial, while I get some work done on my heated GT wheel. I really don't want to try and move the dial/electronics between the two steering wheels (twice).

Does anyone know how to turn on Sport Mode with no sport dial? To be more specific, because I have the dial, I don't have this button:
Communication Device Automotive design Gadget Grey Portable communications device

I assume it can't be done, and that's fine for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I clearly need to read MY OWN POST! I just need a little time with my x431.

Enable extra functions for "Joker" button (the steering wheel customizable/diamond button). Note: this will not enable features you do not have (Sport Plus, Sport Exhaust, PASM, Surround View, etc.)
  • Instrument Cluster: Board computer menu configuration-Board computer menu configuration byte 2-Joker Sport: Set to activated to enable Sport Mode in the joker button "Vehicle" options menu (confirmed this works)
  • Instrument Cluster: Board computer menu configuration-Board computer menu configuration byte 2-Joker Sport Plus: Set to activated to enable Sport Mode Plus in the joker button "Vehicle" options menu (confirmed this works)

·
Banned
1,337 Posts
Instrument Cluster: Board computer menu configuration-Board computer menu configuration byte 2-Joker Sport: Set to activated to enable Sport Mode in the joker button "Vehicle" options menu (confirmed this works)
I clearly need to read MY OWN POST! I just need a little time with my x431.

Enable extra functions for "Joker" button (the steering wheel customizable/diamond button). Note: this will not enable features you do not have (Sport Plus, Sport Exhaust, PASM, Surround View, etc.)
  • Instrument Cluster: Board computer menu configuration-Board computer menu configuration byte 2-Joker Sport: Set to activated to enable Sport Mode in the joker button "Vehicle" options menu (confirmed this works)
  • Instrument Cluster: Board computer menu configuration-Board computer menu configuration byte 2-Joker Sport Plus: Set to activated to enable Sport Mode Plus in the joker button "Vehicle" options menu (confirmed this works)
Is there a manual to do this in PIWIS? I went in simulation mode - instrument cluster. But where do I go next? I can go to manual coding (in simulation mode) and can't find board computer there. Automatic coding fails in simulation mode. Should I expect board computer menu to be in automatic coding when I hook it up to the car? I'm using piwis 38.4

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there a manual to do this in PIWIS? I went in simulation mode - instrument cluster. But where do I go next? I can go to manual coding (in simulation mode) and can't find board computer there. Automatic coding fails in simulation mode. Should I expect board computer menu to be in automatic coding when I hook it up to the car? I'm using piwis 38.4
Not automatic coding. More like "Manual coding without rules", then search for Joker. Screen shot is from 38.2 simulator.
Make sure you're in engineering mode for your PIWIS.
Diagnostics -> Select the Kombiinstrument module -> Coding programing tab -> Manual coding without rules -> Select "All" then click Next -> then you will get a screen like below where you can use the search button for Joker, or just scroll down until you see the following:

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Line

Attachments

·
Banned
1,337 Posts
Not automatic coding. More like "Manual coding without rules", then search for Joker. Screen shot is from 38.2 simulator.
Make sure you're in engineering mode for your PIWIS.
Diagnostics -> Select the Kombiinstrument module -> Coding programing tab -> Manual coding without rules -> Select "All" then click Next -> then you will get a screen like below where you can use the search button for Joker, or just scroll down until you see the following:

View attachment 246590
Thank you. Found it. Any concerns I should have before applying the change?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. Found it. Any concerns I should have before applying the change?
Make sure you understand what you changed, so you can change it back if something breaks. Also be aware that if you enable your Joker button to turn on Sport+, and you don't actually have Sport Chrono, then you're not gonna get Sport+ when you press the button. :)

·
Banned
1,337 Posts
Make sure you understand what you changed, so you can change it back if something breaks. Also be aware that if you enable your Joker button to turn on Sport+, and you don't actually have Sport Chrono, then you're not gonna get Sport+ when you press the button. :)
Sounds good to me. 🍺

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
2021 GTS with Sport Chrono question: how do you enable Sport Mode without the dial on the steering wheel?

I have swapped in a "loaner" steering wheel, that does not have the Sport Chrono dial, while I get some work done on my heated GT wheel. I really don't want to try and move the dial/electronics between the two steering wheels (twice).

Does anyone know how to turn on Sport Mode with no sport dial? To be more specific, because I have the dial, I don't have this button:
View attachment 246505

I assume it can't be done, and that's fine for a couple of weeks.
Does anybody know how to code or program the sports Chrono dial on the steering wheel I have a 2017 Macan fitted with an upgraded 2020 steering wheel and multifunction buttons and control module to suit does anyone know in PIWIS how to code this to work? I do have SC package fitted already

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anybody know how to code or program the sports Chrono dial on the steering wheel I have a 2017 Macan fitted with an upgraded 2020 steering wheel and multifunction buttons and control module to suit does anyone know in PIWIS how to code this to work? I do have SC package fitted already
I would ask over in the "Hidden Features" thread.

It's gonna involve money because you don't have Sport Chrono (the system, not the dial). That's a feature you gotta pay for.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I would ask over in the "Hidden Features" thread.

It's gonna involve money because you don't have Sport Chrono (the system, not the dial). That's a feature you gotta pay for.
No I have Sports Chrono

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No I have Sports Chrono
I clearly can't read - you said that originally. Sorry.

I remember in poking around in PIWIS, there was a simple steering wheel type setting. I just gotta remember where that was. My concern would be whether or not your car would have (or recognize) the same setting. The SC dial in "new for 2019+" isn't it?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I clearly can't read - you said that originally. Sorry.

I remember in poking around in PIWIS, there was a simple steering wheel type setting. I just gotta remember where that was. My concern would be whether or not your car would have (or recognize) the same setting. The SC dial in "new for 2019+" isn't it?
Yeah correct 2020 I think!! I would think some coding would get it to work…. I just don’t know where to go with the PIWIS 3 or if the Launch 431x Pro can do it?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is definitely part of what you need to do in the Additional Menu -> Maintenance of Vehicle Data section of PIWIS (not where you do "normal" coding), but there has to be more around having the SC dial.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Line Software

1 - 14 of 14 Posts