Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I'm just wondering... how would a Turbo equipped with PASM/Air Suspension, PTV, Electronic LSD, S+ & Sport Chrono, PSE, and say if both the Turbo and a GTS had the panoramic roof, how would there handling differs?

I don't care much about exhaust tone since that changes nothing to the performance of the car, neither the throttle response since I'd get both tuned with Cobb AP..

(Really wondering if I'm missing anything since I'm buying a Turbo equipped as described above)
Thanks folks!!!
I don't know about the new gen comparison as I have not driven both . Also my 2017 GTS was more aggressively mapped than my 2018 GTS . Comparing them to my 15 and 16 Turbo which drove near equally I felt the GTS suspension was a bit more crisp . The Turbo was clearly faster and handled well for an SUV but I enjoyed driving the GTS more . That came as a huge surprise to me because I never intended to buy a GTS . In fact I may not have ever even asked to drive one . Theonly reason why I did drive one was because my Turbo was crashed and I wanted an immediate replacement . My dealership had a Turbo but it lacked air suspension so I drove a GTS , liked it , and bought it.

I still would buy a Turbo . There are a lot of luxury things in the car which I liked too. In fact in comfort mode setting it was smoother riding . It would beat a GTS in a stoplight race as well as a roll race . It's simply not as agile .

·
Registered
4 Posts
It would beat a GTS in a stoplight race as well as a roll race . It's simply not as agile .
Another thread suggested a 10% stiffer A/S and larger rear sway bar.. I'll validate suspension part numbers, but if it only comes down to a cheap sway bar... I don't see how the Turbo wouldn't be as agile considering the before mentioned optioned-Turbo no (once the sway bar upgraded)?

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Another thread suggested a 10% stiffer A/S and larger rear sway bar.. I'll validate suspension part numbers, but if it only comes down to a cheap sway bar... I don't see how the Turbo wouldn't be as agile considering the before mentioned optioned-Turbo no (once the sway bar upgraded)?
It wasn't just a sway bar . The car also was slightly lower and on the 17 car it kept the revs by downshift . Many owners of 17 GTS did complain at that time but I loved it . I think that's why my 18 car was toned down . Also note my Turbos were 15 and 16 cars . I did not have a 17 or a PP. I also have not driven the new gen. Thus my comments are perhaps 3-5 years old (in line with my original post on the thread) .

61 - 63 of 63 Posts