Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity I decided to check what standard equipment the Macan Turbo gets in Australia that are cost options on the S. Surprisingly there are a lot:

18-way Adaptive sports seats incl. memory package $790.00
BOSE® Surround Sound System $2,650.00
Porsche Entry & Drive $1,690.00
Partial leather interior $3,720.00
Heated front seats $890.00
Air suspension with self-levelling function $3,490.00
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) (swivelling headlights) $1,350.00
Brushed aluminium interior package $1,090.00
Light comfort package (door storage+panel+handle, footwells, mirrors, roof) $720.00
Sideblades plastic in exterior colour $1,350.00
Rooflining in Alcantara $3,190.00
Tyre-pressure monitoring system (TMS) $1,090.00
SportDesign side skirts $1,920.00
20" Macan SportDesign wheels (10-spoke) $2,130.00

The list price gap between the S petrol and Turbo here is $35,700.
The above optionsn add up to $26,070.

That means Aus Turbo buyers are sorta only paying $9,630 extra for the bigger engine and more power :)

Wonder if it's the same story in other countries?

· Registered
48 Posts
It is similar for our market, although not as much options for the Turbo..
For example the Turbo gets dynamos suspension (PASM), not the air suspension as you get, and 19" wheels, not 20".

But otherwise I think it makes sense to go to the Turbo if you want these options anyway and of course more power :)

· Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is similar for our market, although not as much options for the Turbo..
For example the Turbo gets dynamos suspension (PASM), not the air suspension as you get, and 19" wheels, not 20".
All Macans get PASM as standard here :)

· Registered
212 Posts
I just did the same experiment as you. I have the Macan S and all its options in a spreadsheet. I just put in the options for the Turbo. So, for the options I plan to get (most of them) I get a price difference of $10,500. I concur, the true cost of a loaded turbo vs. a loaded S (in the US) is about $10k for the extra 60 horsepower.

Gordon

· Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Probably something to consider but the 30K premium pushed the Turbo out of my range. And given that the S motor is supposed to be de-tuned from the 420hp panamera, im sure the aftermarket will offer some good power gains in the future.

· Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Probably something to consider but the 30K premium pushed the Turbo out of my range. And given that the S motor is supposed to be de-tuned from the 420hp panamera, im sure the aftermarket will offer some good power gains in the future.
Just redid the calcs for a Turbo, on-road they are $132.5k. $38k more than an S petrol on-road :)

I'm getting an S with almost all the options I want for $118.5k so given that I only want 3 options from the above list, the S makes more sense for me too. Still, some good value there in the turbo package... Air suspension, bose, leather pack, and alcantara roofliner are all very pricey options

edit: uploaded a full Aus pricing table

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.