Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I ordered a 2022 GTS, delivery in April.

I was wondering if anyone had any insight into any tuning options for this vehicle?

I will be coming from a stage 2 M4, and I am wondering if I will miss the extra power... or will it be made up by the transmission and real world usability of 4wd.

Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi All,

I ordered a 2022 GTS, delivery in April.

I was wondering if anyone had any insight into any tuning options for this vehicle?

I will be coming from a stage 2 M4, and I am wondering if I will miss the extra power... or will it be made up by the transmission and real world usability of 4wd.

Thank you!
Cobb Tune.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Cobb Tune.
Doesn't exist yet for 2019 and up and may possibly never. I'm not aware of any reliable tunes for 2021+ yet. I'd keep an eye on APR since both engine and ECU are from Audi and APR has extensive history with tuning Audis.

Reactions: RickBullotta

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Link goes to 2019+ Turbo tune options...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Link goes to 2019+ Turbo tune options...
The numbers on the Vector Tuning box don't really make sense though. A 2021 GTS and Turbo share the same mechanicals AFAIK, so in theory a '21 GTS should be able to make the same power with a tune as a '21 Turbo with a tune.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
The numbers on the Vector Tuning box don't really make sense though. A 2021 GTS and Turbo share the same mechanicals AFAIK, so in theory a '21 GTS should be able to make the same power with a tune as a '21 Turbo with a tune.
If the mechanicals are indeed identical; it would not make sense. I believe that is the case with the Gen 1 3.6L Turbo and Turbo w/ Performance Package.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
If the mechanicals are indeed identical; it would not make sense. I believe that is the case with the Gen 1 3.6L Turbo and Turbo w/ Performance Package.
Since their GTS tune doesn't even get you to numbers that match the non-tuned Turbo specs, I assume this is by design. May not make sense, but it appears to be on purpose.

I love the tunes that supposedly get your GTS to match the Turbo's factory specs - which we know aren't the true/actual performance numbers of the Turbo as it comes from the factory (they're higher/better).

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
I agree with Cobb tuning- my car is unbelievably quick and responsive with it, however the gas mileage sucks,
especially with 93 at $4.50 today- I've gone back to the stock tune.
Please report back to us how much you think that move saved for you in dollars and cents. Add it up for a year. I bet any one option that you might have chosen when you bought your car would equal that number that you may save.

·
Registered
'20 Porsche Macan GTS, Jet Metallic Black on Black, 21" RS Spyder Design Wheels, Cobb Tuned, PC
63 Posts
Wait for Cobb. I spoke with them the other day as I have a '20 GTS. They indicated that the '19 & '20 is coming late summer. Hopefully the '21 and '22 will be released soon after.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wait for Cobb. I spoke with them the other day as I have a '20 GTS. They indicated that the '19 & '20 is coming late summer. Hopefully the '21 and '22 will be released soon after.
I think this will cover the 21's too, and probably the 22's. Same motor and ECU AFAIK. What they told me Friday is that the holdup is CARB certification. F*cking Californians.

·
Registered
'20 Porsche Macan GTS, Jet Metallic Black on Black, 21" RS Spyder Design Wheels, Cobb Tuned, PC
63 Posts
wait so for 22 GTS just do 20 GTS? they all have the 2.9 L?
Call Cobb. The '22 GTS is the turbo '20. That's my understanding. With my 911's, you HAVE to match the build with the tune. But guys, I'm no expert. Call Cobb...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't think there's anything from Cobb for Macans newer than 2019, at least there wasn't the last time I checked for my 2021 GTS.
I just ordered a Cobb AP for my 2021 GTS from Flat6 Motorsports!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine is already installed! Super happy with the results.
Mine arrives tomorrow!
im Sure I’ll be happy with the results. CAI + MBRP exhaust + tune! Ooooweeeee!

Reactions: RickBullotta
1 - 20 of 39 Posts