Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mine was done around 15K and I'm likely going to click over 24K on a short trip this weekend. No troubles so far.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Uh oh, I think maybe I have this too, at 21K on 2015 Macan S. First noticed it making a tight turn in a parking lot, a little jerking like wheels were binding. Now it happens predictably if I accelerate slowly from a stop, about 3 mild jolts. Sort of like engine was about to stall, and then caught, like upshifting too soon, but still in 2nd gear. Does that fit the symptoms? I just took it in for regular service, and mentioned it was "running rough" at low idle, which is how it seemed to me, but they didn't find anything. I guess i need to go back and take service rep for a ride. Lucky still have a few months left on 4 year warranty!

I was planning a day trip into the mountains tomorrow. Should I cancel and deal with this first?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Uh oh, I think maybe I have this too, at 21K on 2015 Macan S. First noticed it making a tight turn in a parking lot, a little jerking like wheels were binding. Now it happens predictably if I accelerate slowly from a stop, about 3 mild jolts. Sort of like engine was about to stall, and then caught, like upshifting too soon, but still in 2nd gear. Does that fit the symptoms? I just took it in for regular service, and mentioned it was "running rough" at low idle, which is how it seemed to me, but they didn't find anything. I guess i need to go back and take service rep for a ride. Lucky still have a few months left on 4 year warranty!

I was planning a day trip into the mountains tomorrow. Should I cancel and deal with this first?
I would tell them about the transfer case issue asap before your warranty expires.. I bet the service guys didn't do a thorough inspection.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I would tell them about the transfer case issue asap before your warranty expires.. I bet the service guys didn't do a thorough inspection.
Agree with communicating with your Techs. Your symptoms sound very much like how mine started. As for your mountain trip, my guys told me it was ok to continue to operate, but I proceeded with very cautious driving until the repair was completed. It did seem to get progressively worse over a couple of weeks, but no total failure occurred. If you have an option for a different vehicle for the weekend, you should give the Mac the weekend off.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think I pointed them in the wrong direction by suggesting it was an engine issue. I once had a car that would threaten to stall in tight slow speed turns, I think due to the extra load from the power steering pump. That's what this felt like the first time it happened, and I conveyed that to him, so they were only looking at engine issues.

·
Registered
26 Posts

I checked in on this forum because of these EXACT symptoms on a 2017 Macan S with 26k miles. I first noticed something funny happening a few weeks ago, and it seems to be getting a little worse. Thank you to everyone who is adding information about this. I'm in a new area and will be visiting the nearest dealership (an hour away) for the first time soon, so I'm glad to have this information available to make sure it's addressed. Will be keeping an eye on this thread as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Chalk up another one. Mine was confirmed as bad and needing a replacement at just under 27k miles. Thankfully still under warranty and the dealership didn’t really act surprised - they’ve seen a few Macans and a lot of Cayennes, and it’s a small dealer. Parts are ordered from Germany and should be setting up another appointment in a couple of weeks when they arrive.

I think it helps to go into a diagnosis with good detail, and this forum helped confirm my suspicions as well as provided consistency with my descriptions of what is happening. By the time I finished with my description over the phone of what I was experiencing while setting up my appointment, the service manager said “Yep, that sounds exactly like the transfer case. We can easily confirm.” They called back in less than an hour of having it.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
At 30k miles and starting to notice it on my 2015 Turbo. Already informed SA and asked how long it would be to get in. We’ll see

·
Registered
26 Posts
I dunno about being mere mortal >:D, but I think I did draw the short straw on the transfer case lottery. I'm generally not a wild driver & I've never tracked the car, so my driving habits shouldn't have affected the transfer case. Hmm, I'll have to see if the Spousal Unit went wild when he borrowed it!

It was unpleasant because my Macan was down for 7 weeks, as the part was out of stock here in the US. We had a long wait for the replacement parts. They replaced the transfer case & front drive shaft. My dealer gave me a service loaner & PCNA reimbursed me for two months' worth of car pmts, so they did the right thing when all was said & done. I'm hoping that I don't have any other major problems, since I'm planning to keep the Macan for many years to come.
Hi - I've also been in for a new transfer case (3 days) but also 4 weeks so far with the engine out fixing a timing cover oil leak. Side note - if anyone hasn't been under their car with the bottom panel off, I highly recommend it. Seeing more and more oil leaks popping up on these that need to be fixed under warranty. My 2017 S hadn't hit 30k yet on either of these things.

Saw your post because of my transfer case and wanted to see if you'd elaborate on how you got PCNA to pay you back for car payments. I'm at more than a month's time in the shop for warranty repairs and feel that I need to address this as well.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Hi - I've also been in for a new transfer case (3 days) but also 4 weeks so far with the engine out fixing a timing cover oil leak. Side note - if anyone hasn't been under their car with the bottom panel off, I highly recommend it. Seeing more and more oil leaks popping up on these that need to be fixed under warranty. My 2017 S hadn't hit 30k yet on either of these things.

Saw your post because of my transfer case and wanted to see if you'd elaborate on how you got PCNA to pay you back for car payments. I'm at more than a month's time in the shop for warranty repairs and feel that I need to address this as well.

IRC, I complained that my vehicle had been offline for 7 weeks while I had continued to make payments on it. They offered me the choice of extended warranty coverage or reimbursement of my two months of payments. I opted for the payments. They were very nice about it & I didn't really have to push for any compensation for my downtime. Good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts

IRC, I complained that my vehicle had been offline for 7 weeks while I had continued to make payments on it. They offered me the choice of extended warranty coverage or reimbursement of my two months of payments. I opted for the payments. They were very nice about it & I didn't really have to push for any compensation for my downtime. Good luck!
So sorry, but I’m not familiar with what IRC means. Could you elaborate? Is this a direct communication with PCNA or through your dealer?

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks. Should have been IIRC!
Thanks! I sent a message through the PCNA website to get a conversation started. We'll see what happens.

The good news, I guess, is that the two most well known issues with the Macan have both happened to me while under warranty, so I guess I have that going for me.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Thanks! I sent a message through the PCNA website to get a conversation started. We'll see what happens.

The good news, I guess, is that the two most well known issues with the Macan have both happened to me while under warranty, so I guess I have that going for me.
Good luck. I'm wondering if anyone on the Forum has had to replace their transfer case more than once. I'm hoping the answer is no, but I worry whenever I hear any weird noise from the car as I'm driving! I'd hate for the thing to need replacing again out of warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The boss (aka, my wife) drives the Mac pretty rarely. She had it for a couple of days and reported no issues. I totally trust that she would tell me if there were any concerns, so I'm not transferring blame here...

I got behind the wheel yesterday for the first time after a couple of days in my old Tahoe. I think I feel the transmission slipping a tiny little bit with a slow acceleration in low gears. It feels like a little periodic skip in an otherwise smooth pull forward. It almost feels like hitting a little crack in the pavement when gliding over a smooth road - just a little blip, but you know it is happening. I do not feel it with heavy throttle, nor in higher gears at speed. I'll likely take her in for a dealer check as I am also due for a visit for the latest recall for the airbag sensor, but was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, and if this is an ASAP kind of deal or if I can schedule a more convenient time.
Hello
I know this post is older butI have. 2016 macan s. You’re explanation is exactly what I am experiencing now. I have about 40k for miles and of course is out of warranty as of 5 months ago. Any suggestions??

21 - 40 of 43 Posts