Porsche Macan Forum banner

341 - 344 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
What are some symptoms of a bad transfer case? And how do we know if our car is subject to it or not? Curious if there’s a VIN association somehow.
There appears to be a direct correlation of the problem and the end of your warranty. Extend the warranty and sleep better or depend upon 'good will' if this happens after the warranty runs out. Probably no owner will have this problem, but then what is 'probably'?

·
Registered
64 Posts
During my last porsche service visit I brought up the question of transfer case issues w/ my service tech who is very knowledgeable. According to him, the turbo transfer cases are a completely different from the S and GTS variants. I’m curious if any turbo owners have had their transfer cases replaced and if so at what mileage.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
During my last porsche service visit I brought up the question of transfer case issues w/ my service tech who is very knowledgeable. According to him, the turbo transfer cases are a completely different from the S and GTS variants. I’m curious if any turbo owners have had their transfer cases replaced and if so at what mileage.
This is the first I have heard that there is a different transfer case for turbos. What is the case here?

341 - 344 of 344 Posts