Porsche Macan Forum banner

321 - 340 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I’m not sure, I got told a lot of different things. There were 3 service advisors that talked to me about it, so kind of got three stories along the way. When I picked up today the advisor said they did the unplug test on transfer case and thought it was that, so they replaced it, but it still had the issue. I am going to get under it tomorrow and see if the transfer case is in fact new or not.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I’m not sure, I got told a lot of different things. There were 3 service advisors that talked to me about it, so kind of got three stories along the way. When I picked up today the advisor said they did the unplug test on transfer case and thought it was that, so they replaced it, but it still had the issue. I am going to get under it tomorrow and see if the transfer case is in fact new or not.
What you were verbally told... is worth the paper it is written on... to paraphrase an old adage.

What does your repair invoice state?

·
Registered
4 Posts
[IMG alt="Pro RMK 800"]https://www.macanforum.com/d2/avatars/m/104/104113.jpg?1568290524[/IMG]
Pro RMK 800
·
Registered
Joined Jan 5, 2017
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter • #1 40 mins ago
Hi I have a 2016 Macan S with just around 40,000km on it and it is in for it’s first major service and I just got told the Transfer Case has to be replaced as it is bad but not only that, the PDK is leaking and also needs to be totally replaced. This car has very low kms as I spend allot of time in Japan and it is in like new condition, I am so completely disappointed that this has happened and cannot even understand how it is even possible with such little use. Anybody else had this double whammy laid on them.
Cheers Simon

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Are you still under warranty?

If not, Is Porsche going to cover all or part of these repairs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
No not under warranty although Porsche are going to cover it however I will have to pay for a 2 year warranty extension and I think is reasonable considering the situation and what this would normally cost to fix, I just cannot fathom how this happened to such a low km car.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
How much are they charging you for the 2 yr. warranty extension & how much would the transfer case repair cost, out of pocket?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I took my 2017 Macan S in for an oil change today and asked them to look into the issue of my car shuddering when accelerating.

Bingo, they said I needed to replace my transfer case.

All this at 47,500 miles. Could have been worse. Happy they stepped up to deal with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You can add my car to the list
Relevant details:
2017 gts second owner.
In service date of April 2016.
Transfer case replaced at 46,500 miles

Purchased used at a non Porche dealership with 36,000 miles. Immediately had apple CarPlay installed and they inspected my car during that time (without me asking) and found the timing case leak and fixed it under warranty. Took it back at 46,000 miles with transfer case symptoms and they confirmed the issue and had it replaced under warranty with part 95b-341-010-ax.

Special shoutout to sunset imports (Porche dealership in Beaverton, OR), for sending a driver and loaner vehicle to my work to pick up and drop off my car because they know I hate waking up early before work to go to the dealership 😅

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice!
Anyone have a ‘no-hassle’ TC replacement in MA?

VolcanoGTS is having a difficult time getting his replaced after going to 3 dealers.
I need mine replaced but don’t want to deal with incompetent SA’s.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
31 Posts
What are the dealerships saying? Are they not able to reproduce the symptoms? I was worried that they would give me a hard time also, because the vibration was pretty subtle most of the time, and I was wondering if there was really an issue or if I was just being paranoid, but it seems they have a pretty fool proof way of diagnosing by unplugging the transfer case control unit.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I haven’t been to the dealer yet. Some members have had no issue with TC replacement and some have. I hoping to find a member in MA that has not had any pushback so I could take mine in for a hassle free replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
363 Posts
The service date when the transfer case was 1st replaced was 03/01/18. Must of got one of the left over original designs instead of the revised one. Right now the problem really shows up at slow speeds when turning the wheel left or right especially if I am backing up. The car starts to "shutter" but accelerating in forward gear is still fine. My factory warranty is up in April so I plan on bringing it to the dealer soon for inspection. If it is the TC again I will make sure it has the newer part number.

Just made an appointment for March 23rd to replace my transfer case a second time. Took car to dealer at with 21k miles and they confirmed that its the transfer case. The part has been ordered. This time I will get the revised one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2016. macan S displayed a surging sensation at all speed. Took it to the dealer......long and behold, within a day, my SA inforned me the transfer case is faulty, and will be replaced under warranty. I was fairly shocked at 34k miles? I hope they'll replace it with a redesigned version.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am about to join the transfer case brigade. I went to the dealer (Beaverton Porsche in OR) today to replace two cracked exterior door handles under warranty. I asked the SA to check the transfer case, because I felt subtle symptoms a few times. They checked it and told me that my TC needs to be replaced. They ordered the part, once they have it I will go back to get it replaced. 2018 Macan S with 24K miles.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I am about to join the transfer case brigade. I went to the dealer (Beaverton Porsche in OR) today to replace two cracked exterior door handles under warranty. I asked the SA to check the transfer case, because I felt subtle symptoms a few times. They checked it and told me that my TC needs to be replaced. They ordered the part, once they have it I will go back to get it replaced. 2018 Macan S with 24K miles.
I went to my dealer and told the SA I shudder to think of replacing the TC on my GTS. He replaced me under warranty. Wife happy.😉

·
Registered
1997 Carrera C2S, 2015 Carrera 991 GTS 4, 2016 Macan S Diesel
91 Posts
My 2016 Macan S Diesel, 41'000Km will receive a new TC next Monday under my 2+2 year warranty. Car felt like driving over very fine ripples; nothing to be alarmed of but nevertheless... Brought the Macan for its regular service and mentioned this to the garage owner who after a short test drive offered a TC replacement without hesitation.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Got the TC replaced yesterday.

·
Registered
406 Posts
What are some symptoms of a bad transfer case? And how do we know if our car is subject to it or not? Curious if there’s a VIN association somehow.

321 - 340 of 341 Posts