Porsche Macan Forum banner

Tracking the Delivery of your baby

852K views 5K replies 653 participants last post by  Upwave 
#1 Ā·
If your car has to cross an ocean to get to you, I believe this is a way to track delivery (taken from the pieces I could put together). It should work for US and Canada. Not sure what the Australian lines are.

Once your spec is firm, your dealer should give you a car build schedule. Find the date of the German exit from their port, probably Emden. You probably want to get an updated schedule as the date gets closer. Schedules can change and what you have in January could be different in a couple of months.

Go here. On the right side select your trade route (e.g., USA).

For USA and, I think, Canada, select VW Logistics

A PDF schedule will come up. Ask your dealer for the boat name. Look at the schedule column for the date that boat leaves the dock. For example, today it looks like the Gracious Ace leaves Emden 1/30 and docks in Halifax Canada and then RI. US west coast cars might go to Houston.

Go here. While the ship is near land, you can track it. Not sure how to track it in the open ocean because it uses a different system. There are also apps for smart phones that can track it.

Once the ship is back near land, you can track it until it docks.

Once PDI is done, you can start looking at all the car haulers on the road near you and hope you car is on one of them :)

I hope this helps somebody interested in tracking delivery of their car (which is different from tracking their car ;).

You can also just google this and find lots of entries where people tracked their delivery.

edit: 21 Nov 2022. my.porsche.com might be able to allow some form of tracking

See less See more
#2 Ā·
This is great information and I will use this, thanks! What else I got from my salesman (Northern VA) is that the ship entry point will be Davisville, RI (near the old naval base Quonset Point where two aircraft carriers were once homeported). Apparently, VW or Porsche determined that Baltimore ship services was overburdened from that original port.

#4 Ā·
Thanks for the tracking tips.

Also the Davisville port is a very nice facility. I haven't gone by there in a while, but it's known to be a very active port for cars.

#6 Ā·
It's now February. At least for North America, the shipping schedule has changed. Based upon the current schedule, one day in the next 45 days, I expect the schedule will show the RI, Halifax, and Houston dates that will correspond to whatever is on your tracking sheet for the mid-May launch vehicles.

How exciting is that!

#8 Ā·
28feb14 I just checked the VW Logistics and see the Asian Chorus is the only ship heading for San Diego in the time frame. It will be in Emden on 10 March for pickup. My car (and a load of west coast brothers) arrives in San Diego on 7 April. Can't wait!
Do those dates match up with the build sheet your dealer gave you? The 1st launch cars for the US aren't scheduled to leave Emden until 03/28/14.

#9 Ā·
They line up more or less; yes, 28 Mar is the date for exit Emden, and 2 May is the date for arrive San Diego. There is only one ship that meets these dates. Perhaps there will be another showing up later? My dealer said "don't be surprised if the car arrives in late April" Just putting 2 and 2 together...

#10 Ā·
That's great news! I just wish if the cars start showing up in late April Porsche would let people take delivery before May 17th, however I know there's less than a 0% chance of that happening.

#14 Ā·
Still not sure if the cars currently sat in Emden, bound for Canada, will be on the Kentucky Highway, which is just outside of Emden right now, or on the Yu Heng Xian Feng, which is supposed to sail on April 7th.

#15 Ā·
Visited my dealer today; he gave me the VIN (!! it's a real car !!) and the updated schedule from PAG. The car was delivered to the port at Emden on 14 Mar. Now the schedule (almost) lines up with the Lyra Leader: PAG shows "Exit Emden" on 21 Mar, but Lyra Leader won't be in Emden until 2 Apr. But the arrival dates in San Diego are only 3 days apart (25 Apr v. 28 Apr) They are now showing Dealer Inventory on 16 May (guess we really do have to wait until Launch Day)

#16 Ā·
Got an updated tracking sheet from my dealer this morning. it changed the exit Emden date to 03/28/14 which lines up with the Bishu Highway which is supposed to arrive 03/27/14. That would put the car in Davisville 04/08/14. Otherwise it would be on the Flordia Highway leaving 04/07/14 with a 04/18/14 arrival date.

#20 Ā·
Had a chat with the dealer this morning and confirmed mine is already on it's way on the Kentucky Highway. :)

#21 Ā·
Funny thing, skylineguv, had a chat with my dealer too - accelerated shipping schedule for launch cars - mine already on its way on the Kentucky too, having left Emden March 24th, ETA Halifax April 4th. How cool is that! Still no talk of getting it before official launch May 17th, though. We'll see...

#26 Ā·
Have you gotten an updated build sheet from your dealer this week? Porsche would change your build to black if it was delayed. If you get an actual vehicle fixed date I would guess you will be getting the fabled red interior. Jealous! Keep us updated!

#42 Ā·
My Turbo is delayed for 7 weeks already. Unfortunately I was not smart enough to get tracking list from the dealer when I placed my order. It is funny for me that even planned production dates now are 4 weeks later than it was initially confirmed by dealer. Does it mean that my order was simply swapped with another more important client or its normal procedure to change planned dates in the system?

#44 Ā·
Depends on whether or not you had any options that were delayed thus delaying your order. Since you didn't get a tracking list when you ordered it will be really hard to tell for sure.

#50 Ā·
My Macan S, sivler/beige, with gloss black window trim, PSAM, PTV, Chrono, RS 20" wheels was completed build last Friday and dealer gave me my VIN# today.

Dealer said my Macan will ship on one of two vessels between 4/28 and 5/6 for last week of May or first week of June delivery in San Diego. I live in Laguna Beach an hour north of San Diego. Build was right on schedule given me back in January. Dealer said they will notify me, with vessel name, just as soon as they are notified by Porsche.

Almost time to get excited.

#52 Ā·
I have a Macan that entered Emden on April 2nd and, according to my Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System, has not yet departed. Using the link provided by Grim in this thread, it appears that my vehicle might depart tomorrow on the Clover Ace and enter Davisville on April 28th.
My order, placed in January, contemplated a delivery on May 27th. My dealer advises that it is typically 21 days from entry in Davisville to arrival at their facility in Illinois. That would indicate dealership arrival on May 19th. I am also advised that I may take delivery of my car on the later of its arrival or May 17th.

#84 Ā·
My dealer in LA told me yesterday to expect arrival last week in May. I guess that means it is on another ship? Or, maybe it takes a month to get from San Diego to LA, if there is slow intake processing? Just trying to figure the odds of on time delivery.