Porsche Macan Forum banner
4301 - 4320 of 4344 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
For those who are expecting their cars to be on a ship in July, thought I'd share for you the shipping schedule that someone on the Rennlist forum was able to obtain from the shipping company.

SFL Conductor is indeed in Emden now, and should be departing for Halifax, Baltimore and Houston soon.
Thank you! I have been trying to download the new schedule from pwl.de since yesterday. How did you get it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
If your car has to cross an ocean to get to you, I believe this is a way to track delivery (taken from the pieces I could put together). It should work for US and Canada. Not sure what the Australian lines are.

Once your spec is firm, your dealer should give you a car build schedule. Find the date of the German exit from their port, probably Emden. You probably want to get an updated schedule as the date gets closer. Schedules can change and what you have in January could be different in a couple of months.

Go here. On the right side select your trade route (e.g., USA).

For USA and, I think, Canada, select VW Logistics

A PDF schedule will come up. Ask your dealer for the boat name. Look at the schedule column for the date that boat leaves the dock. For example, today it looks like the Gracious Ace leaves Emden 1/30 and docks in Halifax Canada and then RI. US west coast cars might go to Houston.

Go here. While the ship is near land, you can track it. Not sure how to track it in the open ocean because it uses a different system. There are also apps for smart phones that can track it.

Once the ship is back near land, you can track it until it docks.

Once PDI is done, you can start looking at all the car haulers on the road near you and hope you car is on one of them :)

I hope this helps somebody interested in tracking delivery of their car (which is different from tracking their car ;).

You can also just google this and find lots of entries where people tracked their delivery.
Terrific info and I will use this! Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been tracking this ship and I can’t believe how many ports it stops at before arriving in San Diego. Currently it’s steaming to Peru after it left Japan. 2023 models will be on showroom floor before my 8 month order will show itself.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
My GTS arrived in San Diego about 10 days ago on the Glovis Summit. I see a Glovis Sun near the canal, but not a Glovis Sunrise. Are you sure? Emden to Japan to San Diego?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My GTS arrived in San Diego about 10 days ago on the Glovis Summit. I see a Glovis Sun near the canal, but not a Glovis Sunrise. Are you sure? Emden to Japan to San Diego?
Thank you for catching that, I must of misunderstood the SA and have been looking at the wrong ship. With luck it should arrive before August. Now I have to worry about the Longshoreman going on strike and my car sitting offshore until that is resolved.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Thank you for catching that, I must of misunderstood the SA and have been looking at the wrong ship. With luck it should arrive before August. Now I have to worry about the Longshoreman going on strike and my car sitting offshore until that is resolved.
My GTS arrived in port 6/26, and arrived at the dealer 7/1, two weeks early! Very surprised. Hope yours has the same seamless journey through the port.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
@Hokie How far is your dealer from port? My car arrived at Jacksonville 6/26 but I am still waiting on confirmation that it was released for transport.
About 400 miles. This was an unusually quick turn through this port.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Hokie How far is your dealer from port? My car arrived at Jacksonville 6/26 but I am still waiting on confirmation that it was released for transport.
My vehicle also went through Jacksonville. Here was the timeline (hopefully yours goes quicker than mine):
  • 6/6 - Arrival at Port
  • 6/15 - PDI Complete
  • 7/7 - Cleared for Transport
  • 7/9 - Dealer Arrival

·
Registered
168 Posts
My vehicle also went through Jacksonville. Here was the timeline (hopefully yours goes quicker than mine):
  • 6/6 - Arrival at Port
  • 6/15 - PDI Complete
  • 7/7 - Cleared for Transport
  • 7/9 - Dealer Arrival
Thanks for the data.

That is bit disappointing to hear. My car already sat at port for almost a month after production was complete on 4/29. My initial schedule states that car arrived in port 6/26, release for transport 7/8 and dealer inventory 7/15. I'd be happy to get it on 7/15 at this point. So far my actual dates have been dead on with planned [email protected] How do those actual dates compare to your planned dates?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the data.

That is bit disappointing to hear. My car already sat at port for almost a month after production was complete on 4/29. My initial schedule states that car arrived in port 6/26, release for transport 7/8 and dealer inventory 7/15. I'd be happy to get it on 7/15 at this point. So far my actual dates have been dead on with planned [email protected] How do those actual dates compare to your planned dates?
Planned Port Entry was 6/10 and Exit 6/24. So it arrived 4 days ahead of planned and left ~2 weeks later.

·
Registered
168 Posts
@Reggie95 Thanks for the info.

Seems like my car is stuck at Jacksonville port :( No movement since it arrived on 06/26). My Rep just updated me that it is still not released for transport. 17days and counting. I am hoping it is a transportation issue and not because they accidently dropped the car in the ocean and now buffing the sea shells off ... :(

·
Vendor
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
537 Posts
My new Gentian Blue baby (aka Denim) is finally on the water aboard the Siem Aristotle. scheduled to arrive on the US East Coast (Danville) July 22. ETA at dealership in Greensboro, NC is mid-August. Anybody else onboard???

Water Boat Watercraft Naval architecture Sky

4301 - 4320 of 4344 Posts