Porsche Macan Forum banner
4281 - 4300 of 4344 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
The dealer should be able to tell you which vessel it's on. Just found out mine is in the port of Baltimore on the Siem Confucious. Good luck.
My dealer told me mine is on the Siem Confucius - I saw the same thing that it arrived in Baltimore and was then heading to Jacksonville. I'm confused though because it seems Porsche cars are imported into Davisville for NE dealers.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Has anyone had a dealer unable to identify which ship their Macan is on? Mine says it left Emden late May, but there's supposedly no ship listed in their system. It's been like pulling teeth to get any info out of the sales people at the dealership.
When i called the other day, she was able to tell me which vessel it was on. Mine left on jun 14 and got to port on jun 24th. My guess it didnt make it to ship. When did you order? my SA said they were pushing people waiting the most.

·
Registered
38 Posts
When i called the other day, she was able to tell me which vessel it was on. Mine left on jun 14 and got to port on jun 24th. My guess it didnt make it to ship. When did you order? my SA said they were pushing people waiting the most.
deposit in early Dec 2021

·
Registered
18 Posts
My dealer told me mine is on the Siem Confucius - I saw the same thing that it arrived in Baltimore and was then heading to Jacksonville. I'm confused though because it seems Porsche cars are imported into Davisville for NE dealers.
Mine arrived to the dealer yesterday - now will wait for PPF and ceramic coating to be done - hopefully will get Thursday/Friday. My last Porsche arrived via Davisville in 2015, this time via Baltimore. I guess they use both.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine arrived to the dealer yesterday - now will wait for PPF and ceramic coating to be done - hopefully will get Thursday/Friday. My last Porsche arrived via Davisville in 2015, this time via Baltimore. I guess they use both.
I have also arranged for PPF and ceramic coating to be done through the dealer. Seems like they markup the price but I suppose less hassle for me so opted to do it that way.

Reactions: Margot

·
Registered
8 Posts
My SA informed me that my vehicle was Cleared for Transport on 6/9. It has now been over two weeks and he hasn't provided any updates. Based on the others in this thread, having the vehicle cleared for transport to the dealer for over 2 weeks with no movement and no vehicle holds seems completely unreasonable. Not sure what to do for the next step here...

·
Registered
127 Posts
My SA informed me that my vehicle was Cleared for Transport on 6/9. It has now been over two weeks and he hasn't provided any updates. Based on the others in this thread, having the vehicle cleared for transport to the dealer for over 2 weeks with no movement and no vehicle holds seems completely unreasonable. Not sure what to do for the next step here...
Curious, how fast was it cleared for transport once it was off the vessel? mine car was off the vessel on the 24th....havent called my SA yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got the wonderful call today that the car is at the dealership. One slight hick-up apparently missing an amplifier that is required because it is tied into the safety system. Meanwhile will get the PPF and ceramic coating done arranged by the dealer. Hope to take delivery week of July 4th.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Curious, how fast was it cleared for transport once it was off the vessel? mine car was off the vessel on the 24th....havent called my SA yet.
Mine came off "Siem Confucius" on the 24th as well. I reached out to my PCNA rep this morning. He confirmed that the car was "on U.S soil" - great success? :) But beyond that gave me the standard, it'll be on a transport in a week. that matches my initial PSVM update from like a month ago. Based on that estimate my car would be at dealer in VA on 7/15. I am really hoping it arrives a lot sooner than that.

However I have been led to believe (on this forum and others) that post delivery to port, it is impossible to track or predict ETA at dealer. More a game of chance - I don't know how I feel about that. But the last few days are certainly more difficult to be patient.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine came off "Siem Confucius" on the 24th as well. I reached out to e my PCNA rep this morning. He confirmed that the car was "on U.S soil" - great success? :) But beyond that gave me the standard, it'll be on a transport in a week. that matches my initial PSVM update from like a month ago. Based on that estimate my car would be at dealer in VA on 7/15. I am really hoping it arrives a lot sooner than that.

However I have been led to believe (on this forum and others) that post delivery to port, it is impossible to track or predict ETA at dealer. More a game of chance - I don't know how I feel about that. But the last few days are certainly more difficult to be patient.
makes me wonder if it's actually at the dealer in MD or en route and the amp excuse was used...who knows. I waited 17 months for my turbo so I guess this wait isn't so bad :rolleyes:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine came off "Siem Confucius" on the 24th as well. I reached out to my PCNA rep this morning. He confirmed that the car was "on U.S soil" - great success? :) But beyond that gave me the standard, it'll be on a transport in a week. that matches my initial PSVM update from like a month ago. Based on that estimate my car would be at dealer in VA on 7/15. I am really hoping it arrives a lot sooner than that.

my rep texted me this morning saying good news. car will be here in few days and manager will call me to setup delivery. Will see when the car actually gets there.

I would say call Porsche customer service and ask for update. They might give you more details. I called them this morning they said that the car was cleared for transportation on the 25th.

·
Registered
168 Posts
@ogie Happy to hear there is progress. That encouraging news. How far is your dealer from port?

I did take your advice and called Porsche Support (not sure why I didn't do that earlier). I guess I assumed everyone is looking at the same PSVM screen. The nice lady that picked up my call did confirm that my car was offloaded 06/26 (not 06/24 - that I assumed from just the ship schedules). However she said my port exist date is 7/1 and dealer delivery date is also 7/1 (which makes no sense, since my dealer is 900 miles away from port :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
@ogie Happy to hear there is progress. That encouraging news. How far is your dealer from port?

I did take your advice and called Porsche Support (not sure why I didn't do that earlier). I guess I assumed everyone is looking at the same PSVM screen. The nice lady that picked up my call did confirm that my car was offloaded 06/26 (not 06/24 - that I assumed from just the ship schedules). However she said my port exist date is 7/1 and dealer delivery date is also 7/1 (which makes no sense, since my dealer is 900 miles away from port :)
she told me the same...for that she is reading the PSVM. i think the important point is that if the car is cleared for transportation, it can exist the port anytime. Probably prior to 7/1 and hopefully make there by 7/1 at this point a week longer a week shorter wont make a difference.

4281 - 4300 of 4344 Posts