Porsche Macan Forum banner
4261 - 4280 of 4284 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks like my car left Emden port on June 14th and expected to hit Davisville on July 1st.

I'm guessing it's on SFL COMPOSER headed to Halifax. Anyone else on the boat? it is normal route to go to Halifax and then Davisville?

·
Registered
127 Posts
@dpod25 I believe the cars are parked on the ship according the the loading manifest for final drop off location. As much as I would have wanted them to drop off my car at Baltimore port (a few hrs drive from my dealer). I'd rather they not ding my car and several others in the process (I don't think that was ever a possibility). I think the key delay factor would be finding getting past customs, and no damages. Finding a transportation from port to dealer is game of luck. Best case scenario I get my car in a few days. Worst case is two weeks (if the delivery guy has to stop at every dealership between FL and VA :)

@THX_ZORA I did talk to my SA and he said there were no holds\stop sale whatever you wanna call it. I double checked again with PEC coordinator when cancelling my delivery to make sure there wasn't a BOSE amp or other chips that might cause my car to wait at port or dealer. In the later case, I would have decided to keep the PEC schedule. He assured me that my car had "No Missing parts". For whatever that is worth.

I am running into a lot of issues because of this delay. I have had to re-ssue the finance check from my bank twice now. Trouble with insurance (the bank thinks I have already had the car for two months and not insured it... I was able to explain my situation, but had to do it with multiple parties (and not sure I have completely resolved that still). Lastly, I sold my daily in anticipation of the car being here already. That was generally a bad move on my part :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Siem Confucius has already arrived and departed Davisville!
Now on its way to Baltimore...ETA is tomorrow evening.

@dpod25 I believe the cars are parked on the ship according the the loading manifest for final drop off location. As much as I would have wanted them to drop off my car at Baltimore port (a few hrs drive from my dealer). I'd rather they not ding my car and several others in the process (I don't think that was ever a possibility). I think the key delay factor would be finding getting past customs, and no damages. Finding a transportation from port to dealer is game of luck. Best case scenario I get my car in a few days. Worst case is two weeks (if the delivery guy has to stop at every dealership between FL and VA :)

@THX_ZORA I did talk to my SA and he said there were no holds\stop sale whatever you wanna call it. I double checked again with PEC coordinator when cancelling my delivery to make sure there wasn't a BOSE amp or other chips that might cause my car to wait at port or dealer. In the later case, I would have decided to keep the PEC schedule. He assured me that my car had "No Missing parts". For whatever that is worth.

I am running into a lot of issues because of this delay. I have had to re-ssue the finance check from my bank twice now. Trouble with insurance (the bank thinks I have already had the car for two months and not insured it... I was able to explain my situation, but had to do it with multiple parties (and not sure I have completely resolved that still). Lastly, I sold my daily in anticipation of the car being here already. That was generally a bad move on my part :)
@Kasher_Khan Makes sense about the car likely being unable to get off at Baltimore due to its location on the ship itself. I believe customs shouldn't be an issue for new cars unless they were part of a European Delivery program (i.e. it should be very quick, if CBP even does anything to inspect them). Good luck the rest of the way!

@THX_ZORA FWIW, my SA also informed me he doesn't see anything in the system to indicate my car is missing the Bose amp. But like you, I don't feel 100% certain until the car actually shows up to the dealer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
SFL COMPOSER is still not in radar. it's supposed to arrive later today at Halifax. I would have imagined it would be in the radar by now. anyone have any updates?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had a dealer unable to identify which ship their Macan is on? Mine says it left Emden late May, but there's supposedly no ship listed in their system. It's been like pulling teeth to get any info out of the sales people at the dealership.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Has anyone had a dealer unable to identify which ship their Macan is on? Mine says it left Emden late May, but there's supposedly no ship listed in their system. It's been like pulling teeth to get any info out of the sales people at the dealership.
If you have your PSVM update with port of Emdem entry dates... you can pretty much figure out the ship on your own. Of course the SA should be able to tell you this information as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The dealer should be able to tell you which vessel it's on. Just found out mine is in the port of Baltimore on the Siem Confucious. Good luck.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Siem Confucius just left Baltimore and on its way to Jacksonville! ETA is showing as Friday 6/24 afternoon.

It is about to pass by its sister ship, Siem Aristotle, which is likely next up for the berth in Baltimore.

I can't find the screenshot, but I believe the PVMS system shows the ship name in the same screen as where the VIN is.

Otherwise, what date did your car leave Emden, and which port is it going to? You should be able to identify the ship based on that info and looking at the PWL schedule for May.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was on a plane and landed to receive word from my SA that my Macan arrived at the dealer! Just two days after it got off Siem Confucius!

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

And I just left town for a two week vacation (planned back when we thought we would get the car in late May). But, my wife and I now have something to really look forward to when we return 😃

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
The dealer should be able to tell you which vessel it's on. Just found out mine is in the port of Baltimore on the Siem Confucious. Good luck.
My dealer told me mine is on the Siem Confucius - I saw the same thing that it arrived in Baltimore and was then heading to Jacksonville. I'm confused though because it seems Porsche cars are imported into Davisville for NE dealers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
When i called the other day, she was able to tell me which vessel it was on. Mine left on jun 14 and got to port on jun 24th. My guess it didnt make it to ship. When did you order? my SA said they were pushing people waiting the most.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When i called the other day, she was able to tell me which vessel it was on. Mine left on jun 14 and got to port on jun 24th. My guess it didnt make it to ship. When did you order? my SA said they were pushing people waiting the most.
deposit in early Dec 2021

4261 - 4280 of 4284 Posts