Porsche Macan Forum banner
4241 - 4260 of 4284 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just got the email from PEC about scheduling delivery dates. To my great dismay, the earliest possible date is August 18th. And the date that would work for me would be likely August 26th.

My car is scheduled to arrive in port next week. At this rate, PEC would add two more months to the delivery process. I was really looking forward to the PEC experience in my first ever Porsche (After having missed out on similar opportunity for my first m3 euro delivery). But I don't think I can afford to wait than long. Pretty sure my bank will also not keep re-issuing the finance check (already had to do that twice).

Reached to dealer to ask to cancel PEC and hoping that the car would be at dealer a lot quicker 😩

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Monroney Sticker was uploaded to my My Porsche account. Anyone have any idea what this means in terms of how close to delivery I might be?
Where did you see it added to your Porsche Account by chance? I got notification Sat. am that my car was waiting for transport, but no Sticker uploaded to my acct that I know of.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Where did you see it added to your Porsche Account by chance? I got notification Sat. am that my car was waiting for transport, but no Sticker uploaded to my acct that I know of.
In My Porsche, if you’ve added your Macan by VIN, the car is shown at the top of the overview page. Right below the make and VIN, click on “About my vehicle”. About halfway down the page, after the link to shop for tires, is the link to view your window sticker.

·
Premium Member
2022 GTS, Carmine Red, built 5/4/22, delivered 6/22/22
240 Posts
question about tracking, please. I followed my car over the pond using FleetMon, which worked great. It docked in Baltimore, and my SA shows the car went into PDI on 6/9. I have seen people talking about using the My Porsche app to track the status of their car (like when it is ready for transport), seeing their window sticker, etc.

I have the My Porsche app, but it wants my VIN (which I have), and several documents proving I own the car, but obviously, I don't have those yet.

Just wondering what I am missing, if someone would not mind helping me out?

thanks very much...

·
Registered
44 Posts
question about tracking, please. I followed my car over the pond using FleetMon, which worked great. It docked in Baltimore, and my SA shows the car went into PDI on 6/9. I have seen people talking about using the My Porsche app to track the status of their car (like when it is ready for transport), seeing their window sticker, etc.

I have the My Porsche app, but it wants my VIN (which I have), and several documents proving I own the car, but obviously, I don't have those yet.

Just wondering what I am missing, if someone would not mind helping me out?

thanks very much...
When I added my car to My Porsche, I believe it asked for the VIN and confirmed the name, email and cell phone number associated with the car. It might have asked for the commission number? I can’t remember… either way, it didn’t ask for any paperwork that I can recall.

I haven’t really been able to “track” my car through My Porsche, per se… I just happened to notice that a link to the window sticker had been posted and the date on the sticker matches the PDI Finished date on the screenshot from the dealer.

I’m trying to not let my excitement become impatience… the car has been in “released for transport” status since 6/9. It’s 1.5 hours from Baltimore to the Chantilly dealer and as far as I know, it’s still sitting at the port. And I saw a post on Rennlist that someone’s Macan that was on the same boat/at same port arrived at their dealer this past Friday. I know… first world problems.

·
Registered
120 Posts
anyone waiting for load on siem cicero? seems like it should have been loaded on jun 11th but ship is still on its way to Germany. Scheduled arrival is june 20th. I guess it will take another 20 days to get back to US?

·
Registered
108 Posts
anyone waiting for load on siem cicero? seems like it should have been loaded on jun 11th but ship is still on its way to Germany. Scheduled arrival is june 20th. I guess it will take another 20 days to get back to US?
If your car is headed to Davisville, I found their ship schedules online. It looks like SFL Composer will now be the next ship for Davisville. Composer is still in Emden at this minute, but the tracking sites already show its first stop is Halifax. I'm inclined to think that Composer is taking over for Siem Cicero on this week's voyage (Halifax, Davisville, and Houston).

·
Registered
71 Posts
If your car is headed to Davisville, I found their ship schedules online. It looks like SFL Composer will now be the next ship for Davisville. Composer is still in Emden at this minute, but the tracking sites already show its first stop is Halifax. I'm inclined to think that Composer is taking over for Siem Cicero on this week's voyage (Halifax, Davisville, and Houston).
It just now for Halifax!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My '22 GTS is on the Glovis Summit currently traversing the Panama Canal.
It arrived at the Panama Canal Anchorage, Atlantic late Tuesday afternoon.
Using vesselfinder.com, I noticed it leave the anchorage early Wednesday evening.
The Panama Canal has live webcams on the locks and I was able to catch "my" ship as it passed through the first of the new Agua Clara Locks
Map Ecoregion Parallel Font Terrestrial plant
Atmosphere Building Floodlight Field house Urban design
Naval architecture Grass Vehicle Ship Urban design

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
My GTS is on the Glovis Summit as well!

·
Registered
127 Posts
My car is also on Siem Confucius. @dpod25 Thanks for the update. At that rate it will arrive dead on schedule. Too bad I have to wait for it to get to Jacksonville to unload my car and back track to VA. Thanks to my cancellation of PEC delivery :( here's hoping no delays in customs. As far as I know my car is complete... so I have that to count on.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My car is also on Siem Confucius. @dpod25 Thanks for the update. At that rate it will arrive dead on schedule. Too bad I have to wait for it to get to Jacksonville to unload my car and back track to VA. Thanks to my cancellation of PEC delivery :( here's hoping no delays in customs. As far as I know my car is complete... so I have that to count on.
I was curious what would happen with your PEC delivery. That sucks you won’t be able to do it. So your Macan will be trucked all the way back here? I would have guessed that maybe they put it back on a ship coming from Mexico…or even try and pull it off the ship in Baltimore to begin with. Regardless, agreed hopefully no further delays beyond shipping.

·
Premium Member
2022 GTS, Carmine Red, built 5/4/22, delivered 6/22/22
240 Posts
Hi Kasher,
wondering if there was someone you talked to regarding your car being complete? Our GTS has been released for transport at the Baltimore port, and I asked my SA after the car got on the boat if they could check to see if our car would be complete or not when it got to the dealership. he had service check on the VIN and they reported they saw nothing that would warrant a hold on the car., Now, I am wondering if the only thing they could see were recalls. I also called PCNA and they have no way of knowing whether the car is complete or not.

I really, REALLY, wanted to know if our car would be sitting at the dealership for days (or weeks) waiting on a Bose amp (or something else) before it gets here, to prepare ourselves for the disappointment o_O

thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh wait, I just checked again and it's finally underway to San Diego, due June 14th. Yay!

I did some more digging and unfortunately learned that the Rhea Leader had engine problems and is now waiting for replacement engine parts. :cry:
My 2022 base model arrived in San Diego on 6/14 and was at the dealer (217 miles away) by Friday morning 6/17! I will be picking it up tomorrow 6/18. Considering that I placed the order 4/1 and it locked 4/6, it was an extremely fast delivery despite losing 10 days because of ship engine problems.

When I placed the order they told me the delivery date would be in late July or early August, but somehow it must have sped through production. If the ship hadn't had engine problems it would have arrived in San Diego on May 31st. That's crazy fast! And the turnaround from the port to the dealer in 3 days? 🤯

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah you guys enjoy the cars. I guess most you still taking the car even without electric steering wheel?

I just rejected to take the delivery and they took back the car. Probably bad for both sides, but I guess more for them as I can always buy a new one.

But in a recession probably good to get your goods delivered that way you were promised.... quite bad from Porsche (and I am German, living in Germany)!

·
Registered
2020 Macan Turbo
127 Posts
Yeah you guys enjoy the cars. I guess most you still taking the car even without electric steering wheel?

I just rejected to take the delivery and they took back the car. Probably bad for both sides, but I guess more for them as I can always buy a new one.

But in a recession probably good to get your goods delivered that way you were promised.... quite bad from Porsche (and I am German, living in Germany)!
Glad to hear you found a resolution to your first world problem. Porsche is probably holding special board room meetings to discuss what to do with the extra inventory. 😄

The only time I adjust the steering column is when I first pick up my new vehicle so its not a big issue for me.

We’re all fortunate that we have options on where to spend our money.

4241 - 4260 of 4284 Posts