Porsche Macan Forum banner
4221 - 4240 of 4284 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
how are you guys able to track like this?

I just got the word that my car is in transit in Germany to port Emden. how can I find out which vessel it goes on?
@ogie read this

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
After Siem Confucius, PWL's currently published schedule (week 17) has one ship remaining: Siem Cicero is scheduled to depart Emden on 6/11 bound for Halifax, Davisville and Houston.

But, Siem Cicero just left Jacksonville a few hours ago bound for Baltimore (likely carrying vehicles from Mexico). Safe to say it is way behind schedule.

Multiple tracking sites show that SFL Composer is on its way now to Emden, arriving on 6/9. Based on the ship's historical schedule, I expect it would be leaving again bound for North America. But no idea which ports exactly.

Anyone have any ideas or potential sources where we can find out the next ships leaving Emden?

·
Premium Member
2022 GTS, Carmine Red, built 5/4/22, delivered 6/22/22
240 Posts
Question for anyone who's car is on the Supreme Ace. It docked in Davisville around 1:30 EDT this morning. I was checking on FleetMon, and Marine Traffic sites and just a short time ago, the ship manifest showed destination Baltimore, which is great, but it showed an ETA of July 6 at 19:00?! Per the ship schedule that was published a few weeks ago, it looks like it should dock in Baltimore 3 days after arriving in Davisville. it's a short trip down the eastern seaboard.

I am wondering if someone just put the July 6 date into the system incorrectly, or if they found a problem after docking that means 1 month before getting to Baltimore? Curious if anyone has some method of getting more information regarding ship itineraries/departure/arrival times then I do.

thanks....

View attachment 256475
FYI to anyone on this ship. I think I figured out what happened. It left Davisville about 18:00 EDT this afternoon. I think someone entered the arrival day/month backward. Above it shows arrival in Baltimore "6 Jul 2022"....remembering that the Europeans put day before month, I think someone entered the arrival date to Baltimore as "6/7", which is correct, but it was then converted to the European style of reversing that to show "6 Jul 2022", or 7/6 to us.

·
Registered
108 Posts
FYI to anyone on this ship. I think I figured out what happened. It left Davisville about 18:00 EDT this afternoon. I think someone entered the arrival day/month backward. Above it shows arrival in Baltimore "6 Jul 2022"....remembering that the Europeans put day before month, I think someone entered the arrival date to Baltimore as "6/7", which is correct, but it was then converted to the European style of reversing that to show "6 Jul 2022", or 7/6 to us.
Haha, this is very believable. I work with colleagues in Europe who make a huge fuss when I write my dates "wrong" in emails to them :ROFLMAO:

That said, it's interesting to see how many sites depend on the ETA reported by the ship's AIS system. Most of the popular sites (VesselFinder, Marine Traffic, shipfix, etc.) all are reporting the July 6th ETA. The only site I found that seems more realistic is myshiptracking.com, which is reporting ETA in Baltimore around midnight tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2022 Macan S on order
81 Posts
My car is on the Supreme Ace. I spoke to my SA on Friday and he told me the car should be at the dealership around June 24.

·
Premium Member
2022 GTS, Carmine Red, built 5/4/22, delivered 6/22/22
240 Posts
Haha, this is very believable. I work with colleagues in Europe who make a huge fuss when I write my dates "wrong" in emails to them :ROFLMAO:

That said, it's interesting to see how many sites depend on the ETA reported by the ship's AIS system. Most of the popular sites (VesselFinder, Marine Traffic, shipfix, etc.) all are reporting the July 6th ETA. The only site I found that seems more realistic is myshiptracking.com, which is reporting ETA in Baltimore around midnight tomorrow.
ah yes, I see that....ETA of 23:41 tomorrow, June 7.....thanks for the heads up dpod!

Reactions: dpod25

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi All,

My 22’ GTS arrived at the port in Rhode Island early Monday morning. For those who recently took delivery on the east coast, how long did it take for the port to release your car to transport?

·
Registered
127 Posts
My SA confirmed this morning that my car is on "Siem Confucious" after first giving me incorrect information. It left port Emden on June 8th and expected in FL on 24th. When does PEC reach out with the possible scheduling dates?Any current experiences with PEC Atl delivery dates ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just heard from my SA that my GTS is on the Glovis Summit heading for Santa Marta, Colombia, then on through the Panama Canal, up the West Coast of California, under the Golden Gate bridge and on to Benicia.
I might just try to take a trip to Golden Gate Bridge View Vista Point and watch it go under the bridge :)

<update>
Looks like you can get right down beside the lot where they store the cars after they are unloaded off the ship!
Benicia Vehicle Storage

·
Registered
108 Posts
Finally confirmed that my Macan is on Siem Confucius! It seems my Macan didn't wait long in Emden. My actual date for "Entry Port Emden" is 6/3 while the "Exit Port Emden" actual date is 6/6 (even though Confucius didn't leave until 6/8). So it's possible that the backlog in Emden is finally clearing (at least ones bound for Baltimore).

·
Registered
108 Posts
The Monroney Sticker was uploaded to my My Porsche account. Anyone have any idea what this means in terms of how close to delivery I might be?
That's a likely indicator that your Macan has completed port processing, and is now waiting to be picked up by a truck, is already on the truck, or possibly already at the dealership. In any case, I'd be expecting the call from your dealership this week. Congrats!

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's a likely indicator that your Macan has completed port processing, and is now waiting to be picked up by a truck, is already on the truck, or possibly already at the dealership. In any case, I'd be expecting the call from your dealership this week. Congrats!
Just spoke to the dealer… you’re right… car has completed processing and is waiting for transport! 😊

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine was dated 11 days before I took delivery.
The tracking showed PDI in, finished and released for transport all on 6/9, which is the date on the window sticker.

But it also still shows 6/24 as the delivery date to the dealer, so I guess I could be waiting that long. I hope not… the port the car is sitting at is only 1.5 hours from me.

Also, I sold my current car to Carmax today because they gave us the best offer. She’s been a wonderful car for the past 4.5 years and I’ve loved her very much. I’m feeling a bit melancholy… 😜

4221 - 4240 of 4284 Posts