Porsche Macan Forum banner
4121 - 4140 of 4204 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Yours got to JAX about a week before mine. They usually sit there a bit, go through the importation boogie. Then most are trucked to nearby dealerships. My dealer contacted me yesterday and told me Porsche had delivered the car to the third party for transportation. Once it gets into the truckers' hands it becomes a matter of their scheduling. If yours will be delivered by the truck as first off, sooner, and vice versa.

My car arrived 16 April. I was notified yesterday that the car is now en route to the dealership in Asheville, I'm in NC too. Porsche is saying 6 May, my dealer is saying sooner, just depends on routing of the trucks. As I have followed deliveries to ports to delivery it has seemed most cars take 3-4 weeks from hitting the dock here. Others have told me 4 weeks average, too.

It seems like it's been a long time. Shouldn't be too much longer for both of us!

·
Registered
2022 & 2017 Macan S, 2013 Boxster S
33 Posts
Yours got to JAX about a week before mine. They usually sit there a bit, go through the importation boogie. Then most are trucked to nearby dealerships. My dealer contacted me yesterday and told me Porsche had delivered the car to the third party for transportation. Once it gets into the truckers' hands it becomes a matter of their scheduling. If yours will be delivered by the truck as first off, sooner, and vice versa.

My car arrived 16 April. I was notified yesterday that the car is now en route to the dealership in Asheville, I'm in NC too. Porsche is saying 6 May, my dealer is saying sooner, just depends on routing of the trucks. As I have followed deliveries to ports to delivery it has seemed most cars take 3-4 weeks from hitting the dock here. Others have told me 4 weeks average, too.

It seems like it's been a long time. Shouldn't be too much longer for both of us!
Im glad your car was picked up yesterday just like mine. So it could be completely possible that they were on the same vehicle transport as mine was dropped off in Raleigh NC. I saw the truck driver as he was signing paperwork and he said he had a few more drops in NC to do. So yours could be at the dealership by Monday.

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just returned from my dealer and first look at my new S. It was got to Jacksonville April 10 and to the dealer Tuesday. My SA was away and his cover did not call me like he was supposed to. Would have saved me a lot of aggravation this week. Delivery on Tuesday morning. Gorgeous. The wait is over! And after a minute of back and forth, Porsche gave me trade in number on the M3 I told him I had to have and we were done. I had a hard offer from the my GM friend at Kia and told the SA he had to match it minus the sales tax effect and they did. Now I have maintain my cool until Tuesday morning!

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Im glad your car was picked up yesterday just like mine. So it could be completely possible that they were on the same vehicle transport as mine was dropped off in Raleigh NC. I saw the truck driver as he was signing paperwork and he said he had a few more drops in NC to do. So yours could be at the dealership by Monday.
About an hour after you sent this, my SA called. Delivery Tuesday or Wednesday. Finally.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Sounds like. I. saw. it!

A Sunday drive today turned into a spin past the dealer. No other chalk cars on the lot. Still had its lab coat on, the white cover they put on them to drive them on the ship. But that gorgeous color sticks out all the way around, we have a gorgeous day here today, and the color knocks me out. Wheels are going to require some getting used to.

Things at the dealer are looking up. I went past the dealership this week on the way to an errand and there weren't three new cars on the entire lot. Acres and acres of asphalt. Rolling around the dealership lot today looking for my car, and there were dozens and dozens of new cars.

It is a VW/Audi/Porsche dealership and it looks like they've received 40-50 new VAG cars. Dunno if these are ordered, or lot-inventory cars, but things are going to be hopping for certain at the dealership parking lot this week.

·
Premium Member
2022 GTS built 5/4/22
216 Posts
hi folks,

I searched all over the site and found a LOT of posts regarding VIN decoders, but that's not what I am looking for.

My SA sent me my updated buyer's order with my VIN this morning. I am wondering at what step of the build process is the VIN generated? Trying to figure out if this means I am past the point of worrying about something else going on constraint (i.e., like the electronic adjustable steering column)

thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
So, the VIN is published at the conclusion of the build process (V300 status)?
Historically, yes the VIN has been published once the vehicle is built but more recently it seems the VINs are being published earlier (possibly at the beginning of production?). Here’s a thread with a few more data points:

4121 - 4140 of 4204 Posts