Porsche Macan Forum banner

3381 - 3392 of 3392 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
....Any benefit of asking before it gets to a certain point? I was told I can still change my configuration for another 10 days.
If your car is 10 days away from the dealership lock date, then it should be about 40 days away from start of build. Assume another week for the build, and 2 weeks to get through Emden, and you're looking at roughly 2 months from now before it's on a ship. (y)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I shall do that. Any benefit of asking before it gets to a certain point? I was told I can still change my configuration for another 10 days.
Yes. You can see the entire expected milestone dates along with the actual dates.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Greetings to all,

The Dealer just advised that my GTS is on the carrier - Ciem Cicero. Any idea to when it will dock in Jacksonville.

Cheers

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just out of vague interest, has anyone done a pricing on airfreight?

siberian

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
Just out of vague interest, has anyone done a pricing on airfreight?.....
I vaguely recall that topic being raised a couple of years ago, and the number was in the $10,000 range, if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
305 Posts
That was my belief as well. I've had to delay my 992C4 order as I don't want a repeat of the nightmare with the Macan where they fudged (no, never going with that dealer again) the order it ended up arriving at the end of December and was ready to pick up in January and no transporter would haul it up here. I had to fly down and drive it back by -40F

With the 4 month or so build etc. adding ship/customs etc. was just wondering what it would cost to just airfreight it into Fairbanks. Thanx for confirming what I feared :)

siberian

·
Registered
265 Posts
>>So they charge by the ounce?
More likely by volume and service. We send horses to and fro and they'll run on the order of $10,000, plus vaccines and quarantine fees.

3381 - 3392 of 3392 Posts